The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 18:11:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

David Cardoza Vote

Poll
Question: What would your action be?
He needs to leave, now. - 15 (16%)
Let's see how the development pans out. - 23 (24.5%)
Who else is there? - 9 (9.6%)
He's a local hero and I fully back him. - 35 (37.2%)
Don't care anymore. - 12 (12.8%)
Total Voters: 85

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Cardoza Vote  (Read 7718 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2014, 18:47:08 pm »

Can someone just clarify whats he supposed to have done that got everyone pi55ed off?  Cheers
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
LondonCobbler81

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2014, 19:08:41 pm »

why has no other club followed this arse about face theory?
You always build your potential supporters base as they will be the ones who will use the facilities now and for many years to come.
We are a Football club but you think we should now stay in the 4th tier and play second fiddle to a poxy hotel and conferencing centre for the next 10 years hoping that  profits from these will give the club an opportunity to finally make the stadium fit for purpose.

You're not fooling anyone london81, you know we've been shafted out of our promised stadium development by people who have shown contempt for our football club.

Yeah, the problem being, that we don't have much of a supporter base at the moment.  We haven't averaged more than 6,500 since England were reigning world champions!

With a population the size of Northampton and surrounding areas, we could have.  But its not going to increase much just because you add 5,000 extra seats and a few additional facilities.  It's not like we are talking about a brand new 20,000 seater state of the art sports stadium (maybe this is the problem, maybe that's what some people thought we were getting). 

Additionally, we have to compete with the Saints, who are having a golden era.  Although, I appreciate, Leicester seem to cope (remember that they have always had a more establish supporter base though).

How's that gleaming stadium working out for Coventry?
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2014, 20:07:50 pm »

Yeah, the problem being, that we don't have much of a supporter base at the moment.  We haven't averaged more than 6,500 since England were reigning world champions!

With a population the size of Northampton and surrounding areas, we could have.  But its not going to increase much just because you add 5,000 extra seats and a few additional facilities.  It's not like we are talking about a brand new 20,000 seater state of the art sports stadium (maybe this is the problem, maybe that's what some people thought we were getting). 

Additionally, we have to compete with the Saints, who are having a golden era.  Although, I appreciate, Leicester seem to cope (remember that they have always had a more establish supporter base though).

Coventry? Who added 5,000 to their average gate the year they moved to the ricoh? I thought the "build it and they will come" theory didnt work?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 20:19:14 pm by lift tower » Report Spam   Logged

cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2014, 20:21:31 pm »

Well, liftie, you didn't mention dropping to 10,997. Seats removed? No, poor results.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2014, 20:22:49 pm »

then you must have recently exited a ten year coma...

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2014, 20:23:33 pm »

who said anything about 5000 extra seats? Just the 2500 the 12 million development promised and then reneged on.
Enough to compete to get into the championship, not much of an ask but more than cardoza could manage.

In regards to recent attendances, the club have done next to zero promoting the club to the town and county as we've been waiting 10 years to get free money to deliver a fit and proper stadium..Now we have it, decided to spend it all on a hotel.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 20:31:32 pm by sbedscobb » Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2014, 20:27:44 pm »

Well, liftie, you didn't mention dropping to 10,997. Seats removed? No, poor results.
Well we'll be ok then in our 8,000 stadium as results have always been amazing under Cardoza.
Report Spam   Logged

DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2014, 22:10:32 pm »

I reckon Lift Tower is a P*sh fan.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2014, 22:16:34 pm »

surely not  Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2014, 22:36:25 pm »

rumbled
Report Spam   Logged

AidyMannsDog

« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2014, 02:43:38 am »

I gather that you live abroad but you obviously didn't visit many lower league grounds before you left if you think that Sixfields is one of the worst in the entire league. By the way I've been to all 92 grounds and loads of non league grounds as well

What's abroad go to do with anything barton? Have you heard of a thing called the jet engine?

Obviously you say? How do you know? Ah assumption!

Following the Cobblers for 30 odd years it's the Premiership grounds I'm missing out on visiting not the lower league, not far behind you on 81 current league grounds and I'm not counting the ex league grounds that have dropped out, Maidstone's and cup visits etc. Oh and still manage about 10 away games each season.

Stop looking down and look up for once. We are a league club, you should ask how many are better rather than worse in the league?

Did DC not mention the championship word? Well Sixfields is certainly no match for any in the Championship, maybe on a par with Crawley, Crewe, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe of division one, so that puts us firmly in the lowest tier of English football again. Probably about 9th.
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2014, 03:29:37 am »

...it is based on large assumptions and a small amount of knowledge from having recently been involved in a 120 bed hotel build.

The rest base their arguments on large assumptions and no knowledge.

Which in itself is a large assumption based on no knowledge.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2014, 08:35:38 am »

What's abroad go to do with anything barton? Have you heard of a thing called the jet engine?

Obviously you say? How do you know? Ah assumption!

Following the Cobblers for 30 odd years it's the Premiership grounds I'm missing out on visiting not the lower league, not far behind you on 81 current league grounds and I'm not counting the ex league grounds that have dropped out, Maidstone's and cup visits etc. Oh and still manage about 10 away games each season.

Stop looking down and look up for once. We are a league club, you should ask how many are better rather than worse in the league?

Did DC not mention the championship word? Well Sixfields is certainly no match for any in the Championship, maybe on a par with Crawley, Crewe, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe of division one, so that puts us firmly in the lowest tier of English football again. Probably about 9th.
I put the bit about living abroad as a joke but it obviously went over your head.
  So "Sixfields is no match for any in the Championship"  , is Brentford better then?. In League 1 as well as the 4 you mentioned, do you really think that Gillingham,Port Vale, Rochdale, Walsall and Yeovil are better than Sixfields?
  Lets get down to League 2 ,in my opinion, I think only 6 grounds are actually "better" than Sixfields , those being Oxford (despite being 3 sides),Plymouth (same as Oxford),Portsmouth (crap view for most of the ground),Shrewsbury (middle of nowhere & no parking), Tranmere and Wycombe (horrendous to get out of).
  I make that ,at least 26 grounds that are no better than Sixfields. So your statement of "Face facts Sixfields is one of the worst stadiums in the entire league" is nowhere near a fact.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2014, 09:06:44 am »

I put the bit about living abroad as a joke but it obviously went over your head.
  So "Sixfields is no match for any in the Championship"  , is Brentford better then?. In League 1 as well as the 4 you mentioned, do you really think that Gillingham,Port Vale, Rochdale, Walsall and Yeovil are better than Sixfields?
  Lets get down to League 2 ,in my opinion, I think only 6 grounds are actually "better" than Sixfields , those being Oxford (despite being 3 sides),Plymouth (same as Oxford),Portsmouth (crap view for most of the ground),Shrewsbury (middle of nowhere & no parking), Tranmere and Wycombe (horrendous to get out of).
  I make that ,at least 26 grounds that are no better than Sixfields. So your statement of "Face facts Sixfields is one of the worst stadiums in the entire league" is nowhere near a fact.
I agree with this though I must add the caveat that under the present regime more than once it has been perilously close to being one of the best grounds in the conference.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2014, 09:19:05 am »

Having just 6500 seats to sell if we get promoted and challenging will make it the worst ground by a country mile.
Are you trying to justify what the chairman has done?
Are you happy with the carbuncle and stilts?
Are you happy that the club can not now compete and gain promotion to the champions, due to having a tiny ground?
Are you aware that many new fans are introduced to the club after being attracted to big games, games that a lot of regulars also miss out on due to an inadequate ground.

Because we we've been poorly run on and off the pitch for nearly 50 years due to poor infrastructure, it doesn't mean it has to stay that way.
Cardoza should have been forced to deliver what was promised by himself and Macintosh at the sod cutting farce of a ceremony.
He has set us back 20 years Imo.

As and when bull5hit? Please don't.

Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:01 am »

Because we we've been poorly run on and off the pitch for nearly 50 years due to poor infrastructure, it doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

So an extra 1,000 seats will see the beginning of a 1,000 year Reich, eh? You must be the most optimistic supporter on the books. Your promotions and challengings seem to line up year on year.  Your lack of ambition shows, however, as you don't have any plans after the Championship. Are you DC in disguise?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
guest48

« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2014, 11:27:07 am »

I agree with this though I must add the caveat that under the present regime more than once it has been perilously close to being one of the best grounds in the conference.
Can't argue with that.
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2014, 11:30:25 am »

Sorry barton for the sarcasm I did miss the joke must be how you wrote it!

I would disagree with you on some of those grounds though, Griffin Park I can see your point but that soon to be gone although it's always got some atmosphere.
Priestfield - Miles better, just one stand away from a great ground.
Vale Park - Once lauded as the Wembley of the north, leaves Sixfields in the shade despite it's age.
Spotland - No worse since it was tidied up.
Bescot - Since the second tier yes, better on all fronts.
Yeovil - On a par that is unless they build a new 3500 seat stand to replace the away end. God knows why they would entertain 3500 seats, but maybe DC could put them right and save them from a huge mistake.

In our division I would class Gigg Lane, Brunton Park, Field Mill, Kassam, Home Park, Fratton Park, The Greenhouse, Roots Hall(just), Prenton Park and Adams Park as all better in terms of a football venue. Sixfields is also crap to get out of if you're driving!

So yes I'd put it about 79th in the football league. Definitely in the bottom division and firmly staying there when that stand gets built.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2014, 11:40:27 am »

Having just 6500 seats to sell if we get promoted and challenging will make it the worst ground by a country mile.It will still not be the worst ground in League 1
Are you trying to justify what the chairman has done? Not in the slightest
Are you happy with the carbuncle and stilts?There is a reason for the stilts , not happy with the last drawing we saw
Are you happy that the club can not now compete and gain promotion to the champions, due to having a tiny ground?Yes it can ,Yeovil did
Are you aware that many new fans are introduced to the club after being attracted to big games, games that a lot of regulars also miss out on due to an inadequate ground.The ground is not "inadequate"

Cardoza should have been forced to deliver what was promised by himself and Macintosh at the sod cutting farce of a ceremony.
He has set us back 20 years Imo.

As and when bull5hit? Please don't.
Sixfields ,even before any alterations, was a perfectly adequate lower league ground . What do you want as a fan when you visit a ground. 1 A roof so you don't get wet 2. A good uninterrupted view of the pitch. 3.Easy parking. 4. Some where you can get a beer and something to eat.
     Sixfields has all of these , I would like it to be bigger but when people say its "one of the worst in the League" when its obviously not , makes you think "Well that's b*llox " is the rest of what they're saying the same?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2014, 11:51:17 am »

Sorry barton for the sarcasm I did miss the joke must be how you wrote it!

I would disagree with you on some of those grounds though, Griffin Park I can see your point but that soon to be gone although it's always got some atmosphere.
Priestfield - Miles better, just one stand away from a great ground.2 nice stands,1 wooden one which would have been condemned 20 years ago in Northampton.As for the away end !!!!!
Vale Park - Once lauded as the Wembley of the north, leaves Sixfields in the shade despite it's age.The worlds longest running building site,no leg room
Spotland - No worse since it was tidied up.Not better then?
Bescot - Since the second tier yes, better on all fronts.Unless your seat is behind the pilars
Yeovil - On a par that is unless they build a new 3500 seat stand to replace the away end. God knows why they would entertain 3500 seats, but maybe DC could put them right and save them from a huge mistake. They haven't got a new stand ,away fans stand in the open and there is absolutely nothing around the gound

In our division I would class Gigg LaneShocking views, Brunton ParkOpen end and the stand continues past the end of the pitch, Field Mill3 sided, Kassam, Home Park, Fratton Park, The Greenhouse, Roots Hall(just)Try sitting in the away end if you are over 5-8", Prenton Park and Adams Park as all better in terms of a football venue. Sixfields is also crap to get out of if you're driving!Compared to the Kassam and Adams Park??

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: