The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:30:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Is Stanley at Home...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Stanley at Home...  (Read 10067 times)
SeanODonovan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2014, 22:56:52 pm »

In a freeze-frame from the match video we see the ring of steel around the Accrington Stanley player who is outnumbered 7 to 1 ...... surely he can't score ..... er yes he can  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2014, 23:24:08 pm »

I don't think Rico will continue to score for fun, history tells us that (stats are your thing right?) and I don't suppose he will be without injury this season, so yes I would have welcomed, and would still welcome another striker in preference to Cresswells signing.

If we hadn't signed Cresswell then Tozer would have had to play centre back Saturday, in other words we are down to bare bones in that department.

Up front we had Toney and Moyo on the bench, we also have Nichols at Exeter, plus our marque signing JJ O'Toole who is supposed to be a goal scorer kicking his heels. As stated before, we have the top goalscorer in the League plus we are the leagues top scorers and on Saturday we scored 4 goals but conceded 5. You'd have to be an idiot not to realise where our problems lie.

Of course if we have an unlimited budget and are able to sign as many players as we want as money is no object then sod it, never mind one new striker, let's have another three.  Tongue Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

j20cobbler

« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2014, 09:44:25 am »

If we hadn't signed Cresswell then Tozer would have had to play centre back Saturday, in other words we are down to bare bones in that department.

Up front we had Toney and Moyo on the bench, we also have Nichols at Exeter, plus our marque signing JJ O'Toole who is supposed to be a goal scorer kicking his heels. As stated before, we have the top goalscorer in the League plus we are the leagues top scorers and on Saturday we scored 4 goals but conceded 5. You'd have to be an idiot not to realise where our problems lie.

Of course if we have an unlimited budget and are able to sign as many players as we want as money is no object then sod it, never mind one new striker, let's have another three.  Tongue Roll Eyes
We currently have Collins, Diamond, Robertson, Langmead, Tozer and now Cresswell who would probably all say CB is their preffered position, yet as you correctly say, we still conceded five goals on saturday. Marvo, you can twist stats any number of ways to suit yourself. On that basis we should run out and buy another. I didn't ever suggest we sign defenders as well as strikers, I said I would have preferred another out and out number nine to a CB.
So the addition of Cresswell seems to have made our defence much stronger then?
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2014, 10:04:08 am »

So the addition of Cresswell seems to have made our defence much stronger then?

No, not so far but he has played. Are you suggesting that had we signed this striker that according to you was to sit on the bench as cover until Mark Richards may or may not go through a lean spell would have meant we'd have won 6-5 Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2014, 10:29:24 am »

If we win the league I'll suck you off.

Shocked

Will this take place in the stands straight after the final whistle?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:54:44 am by Alwaysdark » Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
Alwaysdark

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2014, 10:31:43 am »

I think one or two of you are heaping too much blame at the feet of our defenders when it could be said that if our attackers had scored just two more goals we would have won. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2014, 12:43:49 pm »

I can't remember seeing Archer come and cleanly take a cross. At any point.

I also can't really remember him making a decent stop in the two games I have seen him play.

I'm not really blaming him for Saturday, the defensive performance was a complete f&ck inch shambles, both collectively and individually. But I have seen enough to say that he is not what we need and his continued inclusion will cost us points.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2014, 12:54:47 pm »

I also can't really remember him making a decent stop in the two games I have seen him play.

I'm not really blaming him for Saturday, the defensive performance was a complete f&ck inch shambles, both collectively and individually. But I have seen enough to say that he is not what we need and his continued inclusion will cost us points.

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2014, 14:32:14 pm »

I think one or two of you are heaping too much blame at the feet of our defenders when it could be said that if our attackers had scored just two more goals we would have won. Tongue

That's very harsh on our front men and very soft on our so called defense.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2014, 14:50:42 pm »

But, but, but, it worked in the Graham Carr year.  You score five, we will score six...etc..
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
j20cobbler

« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2014, 14:52:47 pm »

No, not so far but he has played. Are you suggesting that had we signed this striker that according to you was to sit on the bench as cover until Mark Richards may or may not go through a lean spell would have meant we'd have won 6-5 Saturday?
I suggested at the time that we should have taken someone on a short term loan If CW thought we were light at the back, although I didn't hold that same view. At that time we weren't scoring goals and I wasn't alone in suggesting we would benefit from another striker more. Since Cresswells inclusion, we have conceeded goals aplenty. Is that link causal? I don't know, but its there nonetheless.
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2014, 15:03:20 pm »

So he didn't come and take any crosses, his game wasn't perfect, he doesn't command his six yard box, but was he to blame directly for any goals? You say not. Were others then more to blame for those goals conceded?
I don't suppose Archer is the main culprit. Will he cost us points? Probably, but not as many as the defence in front of him.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2014, 18:11:09 pm »

He is from the same mould as billy 'the tree' stewart.
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2014, 18:19:45 pm »

So he didn't come and take any crosses, his game wasn't perfect, he doesn't command his six yard box, but was he to blame directly for any goals? You say not. Were others then more to blame for those goals conceded?
I don't suppose Archer is the main culprit. Will he cost us points? Probably, but not as many as the defence in front of him.

Archer has conceded 12 goals in 4 appearances. Avg 3 per game.
Duke has conceded 7 goals in 6 appearances. Avg 1.16 per game.

Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Alwaysdark

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2014, 18:21:24 pm »

Is it.   Ok I will have a go at the midfielders then as part of a compromise  Kiss

Midfielders are over rated. Lets get rid of them and bring in 4 more goalkeepers. Even free scoring Accrington would do well to score 5 past that many goalkeepers.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2014, 12:02:40 pm »

Is it.   Ok I will have a go at the midfielders then as part of a compromise  Kiss

Midfielders are over rated. Lets get rid of them and bring in 4 more goalkeepers. Even free scoring Accrington would do well to score 5 past that many goalkeepers.

LOL! NOT.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
defender

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2014, 20:28:45 pm »

In a freeze-frame from the match video we see the ring of steel around the Accrington Stanley player who is outnumbered 7 to 1 ...... surely he can't score ..... er yes he can  Roll Eyes

i know  what Atkin's would have said to them !!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2014, 20:49:30 pm »

i know  what Atkin's would have said to them !!!

Yes, where the f*** are the other 4 defenders?
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2014, 20:51:44 pm »

Yes, where the **** are the other 4 defenders?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2014, 21:13:37 pm »

Yes, where the **** are the other 4 defenders?

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: