The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 20:19:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fish and chip quiz - Monday evening.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fish and chip quiz - Monday evening.  (Read 536 times)
SteveRiches

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: September 25, 2014, 15:14:34 pm »

Hi - it was my intention to retire totally from doing quizzes etc. but I am very happy to help out the NTFC Supporters' group for the quiz on Monday night so I've been putting together the questions and pictures etc. which I hope will be right up your street.
If it's anything like previous occasions it's a pleasant friendly evening with excellent food provided by Craig for the interval.

All details are on the officially posted info. above, but as quizmaster I can tell you that every effort is being made to have a wide variety of questions and each round is designed so nobody will be left with egg on their faces: of each round of 10 questions I try to make 6 of them reasonably "gettable", two a little harder, and two for the ones who consider themselves quiz experts. This has always led to a very tight close finish. In response to a couple of comments last time I'm very happy to add a little extra on sport, but even though it's a quiz for Cobblers' fans I'm also aware that friends and family with less sporting knowledge will attend so balance is important.

Anyone turning up alone is always made welcome and added to a team, (just ask as you arrive and you will get warm attention) and the whole event is a great way to chat and be sociable, raise money for something worth while, and make a Monday night into a memorable occasion.

It isn't too late to be part of it, book as detailed above, and I look forward to seeing you on Monday evening.
All the best, Steve Riches.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 16:31:56 pm »

Steve ....... have you or the Trust ever considered doing an "ultimate Cobblers quiz"  or indeed just a football quiz.

A chance to get the players and fans involved as the majority of Cobblers fans are indeed Cobblers and Football fans.  Personally I don't like a Quiz night,  but would go to a quiz night about NTFC or purely football.  Each to their own but it might attract a wider / different audience.   

Maybe something for the Trust to consider when the East Stand Lounges are open ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 16:54:27 pm »

Steve ....... have you or the Trust ever considered doing an "ultimate Cobblers quiz"  or indeed just a football quiz.

A chance to get the players and fans involved as the majority of Cobblers fans are indeed Cobblers and Football fans.  Personally I don't like a Quiz night,  but would go to a quiz night about NTFC or purely football.  Each to their own but it might attract a wider / different audience.   

Maybe something for the Trust to consider when the East Stand Lounges are open ?

We have considered doing this and , if we thought we could get enough people, we could do it when the new lounges are open. The big thing is getting enough people to attend , I usually sell around 15 tickets but if it was Cobblers only ,I would be down to about 3 or 4 , just football I'd probably get another 2 or 3.
    But we would be quite willing to do this if enough people showed an interest , maybe early next year ?
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 16:59:47 pm »

Nice One ....... depending on what you wanted to achieve from the night,  if it was financial then getting the quiz sponsored and companies paying £10 to sponsor a round would start to boost the coffers.

How many teams do you normally get at the fish and chip quiz ?
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 19:38:11 pm »

If it was promoted as a Cobblers' special and everyone knew what they were up for it could work well but would of course exclude those wanting a general quiz...but it would also pull in extra people who normally wouldn't be there. As to Monday night, only 2 rounds of 10-ish are Cobblers specific. Horses for courses, I suppose.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 12:42:47 pm »

A one-off Cobblers quiz would be brilliant. I would be up for that and know a few others that would be. You could always have some general football rounds in to pad it out if needed. If you needed any help I'd be pleased to get involved, although there wouldn't be a shortage of volunteers I'm sure. Could be held in the new legends lounge and get a couple of the legends in as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: