The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:02:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Send Alfei Back

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Send Alfei Back  (Read 9124 times)
j20cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2014, 23:46:10 pm »

No. Just a response to you calling me an idiot. Checking your previous 10 posts, you had done similar to 3 other posters. So no offence caused. Not that there would have been anyway of course.

By the way, in your opinion can you explain why Alfei is perhaps being picked? Without simply saying its Wilders decision. Because I am struggling to understand how anybody could justify his selection for 'footballing reasons'!
I'll try. I agree with you that Alfie is poor, and that's probably made worse because in my mind Tozer is not just a little better but a much better player. Conversely, with your other pet hate Archer, I dont think he is anywhere near as bad as you do or at fault so often, and I dont agree that Duke is miles better, in fact if I had been picking the squad close season, a replacement for Duke would have been a priority. Its about opinions,
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2014, 01:00:51 am »

in fact if I had been picking the squad close season, a replacement for Duke would have been a priority. Its about opinions,

Me too.

He's no Bunn or Nichols.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2014, 07:25:33 am »

I would have given Snedker a chance whilst Duke was unfit...if deemed not good enough then I agree with you on the assessment of Duke.I keep making the point that we should be developing our own players ahead of other clubs players...and particularly other clubs players who are at best no better than what we already have.

I've seen no one worse than Alfei play for us over a number of matches. And I challenge anybody to go back to the mid-late 80's to tell me one? That display the other night was individually as bad as I've seen - how J Lake could give him 4-10 was difficult to comprehend! The best he's played was in his first match against Mansfield when he produced a 6-10...since then they've all been 5s and less.
Report Spam   Logged
Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2014, 07:29:51 am »

I thought Alfei looked good when he came on against Sileby Rangers.Also thought the same about O'Toole after his hat trick.
How wrong i was.
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2014, 11:06:36 am »

I would have given Snedker a chance whilst Duke was unfit...if deemed not good enough then I agree with you on the assessment of Duke.I keep making the point that we should be developing our own players ahead of other clubs players...and particularly other clubs players who are at best no better than what we already have.

I've seen no one worse than Alfei play for us over a number of matches. And I challenge anybody to go back to the mid-late 80's to tell me one? That display the other night was individually as bad as I've seen - how J Lake could give him 4-10 was difficult to comprehend! The best he's played was in his first match against Mansfield when he produced a 6-10...since then they've all been 5s and less.
Although there would have been an underlying current, Charlie Bishops performance at Blackpool was enough to get him sacked by Atkins. I was at that game and was surprised when i heard he'd gone cause it didn't seem that bad to me.
Ashley Westwood drove me to distraction at times. He always gave 100%, and was unlucky a lot, but he did gift the opposition a lot.
But I agree, Alfie really isnt very good and must have an if fit I play clause in his loan.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2014, 11:42:54 am »

But I agree, Alfie really isnt very good and must have an if fit I play clause in his loan.

I very very much doubt we'd have agreed to that sort of condition, Wilder clearly just doesn't particularly rate Tozer.

Alfei wasn't/isn't in any way a high-profile player, he'd played 15 games for Portsmouth with mixed reviews, we weren't making some major coup by getting him.

I know it's easy to take a pop at the club at the moment but the idea that we've agreed to a 'must play' clause (do they even exist?) to sign a player who had 15 unremarkable League 2 appearances under his belt is just silly.

Alfei is Wilders player, Tozer isn't.

Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2014, 11:55:38 am »

^^^nutshell^^^
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2014, 12:18:13 pm »

The thing that annoys me with the Alfei situation is when he has a bad game (regularly) he gets picked for the next match. When Tozer has played and not done much wrong he has still been dropped for the next match and Alfei re selected.
I didn't boo him Tuesday but when he was substituted I cheered as loud as possible. Please don't let him start at Luton.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2014, 12:20:00 pm »

I dont get him and never have. I dont berate cobblers players easily but couldnt help but give a sarcastic cheer when he was replaced. I could forgive him a little if he was an "attacking" full back but Tozer (a defensive full back/centre back) has been far more effective in the opposition half, as well as our own.
Alfei just doesnt seem to have any real qualities or USP. No strength, no real speed, no defensive or offensive abilities, no technical skills. Below average all round. I havent disliked a player this much since Leon Constantine, (and no I havent forgotten Corker and Arthur), mainly because he hasnt been plucked from obscurity, he's come from a PREMIER LEAGUE team.
I'd rather Wilder picked Micky Warner (not even past Micky, but the present 40 something Micky).

Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2014, 12:25:32 pm »

Like I've said before, Tozer should play as one of three centre backs.
Report Spam   Logged

j20cobbler

« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2014, 12:26:01 pm »

^^^nutshell^^^
Hmmm. Yes probably right then, and a good (bad) gauge of Wilders stubbornness.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2014, 12:27:52 pm »

The thing that annoys me with the Alfei situation is when he has a bad game (regularly) he gets picked for the next match. When Tozer has played and not done much wrong he has still been dropped for the next match and Alfei re selected.
I didn't boo him Tuesday but when he was substituted I cheered as loud as possible. Please don't let him start at Luton.

fan
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2014, 13:50:44 pm »

I can confirm that Alfei's selection is totally down to the manager and not to any sinister reasons. Except, of course, that the manager considers him our best right back.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2014, 18:36:22 pm »

I've always thought Duke and Tozer were weak links in our team. But currently, I want nothing more than to see them both starting for us!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
defender

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2014, 18:52:41 pm »

[/quote
              AGREED 100%.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2014, 18:55:04 pm »

Why oh why is Alfie still here?
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2014, 19:22:48 pm »

If a three worked for the team, then I think that would be his best position.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2014, 19:39:08 pm »

I have a feeling Wilder will play Alfei again ...along with Archer..........and that would confirm to me his further re-generation into the mode of ADB.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2014, 07:23:21 am »

I've always thought Duke and Tozer were weak links in our team. But currently, I want nothing more than to see them both starting for us!

Totally agree with that, we have proved the grass certainly isn't always greener away from San Sixfields 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:41 am »

I'll try. I agree with you that Alfie is poor, and that's probably made worse because in my mind Tozer is not just a little better but a much better player. Conversely, with your other pet hate Archer, I dont think he is anywhere near as bad as you do or at fault so often, and I dont agree that Duke is miles better, in fact if I had been picking the squad close season, a replacement for Duke would have been a priority. Its about opinions,

I agree with your summary - has NP seen Archer play in the away games! This petty hate session directed against Archer is small minded when he has saved us from heavier defeats. Poor old Alfei - his card is marked now and only a hat trick against Luton will now save him! Having seen him play against Pompey earlier in the season I did not think he was up to it.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: