The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:46:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Poxford

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poxford  (Read 7760 times)
Brimmy6

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2014, 09:25:41 am »

Not in any kind of silly, sulky way...but I'm just not that interested in watching a team with Archer and Alfei in it any more - the outcome is inevitable. I'm also losing interest in watching them against the backdrop of a half-built stand that no one cares to explain to us. I guess 'alienated' is how I feel by on- and off-pitch stuff - may be wrong but I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Definitely not alone, I'm almost glad not to be going to Luton.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:49 am »

Not in any kind of silly, sulky way...but I'm just not that interested in watching a team with Archer and Alfei in it any more - the outcome is inevitable. I'm also losing interest in watching them against the backdrop of a half-built stand that no one cares to explain to us. I guess 'alienated' is how I feel by on- and off-pitch stuff - may be wrong but I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Very much inclined to agree.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2014, 10:18:07 am »

First game in a while, I almost had a break down.

Alfie .....I feel sorry for the lad. Getting booed off like that, someone needs to step in as he has been truly shocking and its not helping him or the team by continuing to select him.

O'toole was so frustrating last night.  For anyone who was not there, If you seen Sunderland lose 8-0 and Lee Cattermole get shoved off the ball and then make no attempt to run Southampton broke on goal. O'toole did this last night. although he did show he has a trick in his locker, unfortunately this was in our box going back towards his own goal.

After a while it seemed like O'toole gave up and couldn't be bothered to put any weight behind his nothing sideways passes. Although he didn't have much choice as it was clear the ball was not sticking up front.

We need someone with some strength to hold up the ball when Richards is not there. Toney has useful flick ons and wins allot in the Air but we seemed lightweight with D'ath and him up front.

Report Spam   Logged

sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2014, 10:42:34 am »

It's a tough one as DC clearly stumps up the cash to get the players in to support whoever is in charge. However, he is the only common denominator in the chain of failures. Maybe the off the field shambles is having more of an impact on the playing side than we realise

I wondered if the off-field debacle would curiously have an impact....gradually all the early season promise is evaporating and gaining a momentum downwards.

The team selection and post match boll-ox/comments from CW also is a cause for real concern. He is a good manager and the injuries are cruel, but.........

We now look a very poor side, particularly defensively ....and Archer surely tops any stats for goals conceded per game. As for the current pin-up target, Alfei, we can joke but does he have a must play if fit clause in his loan agreement. WTF does he keep picking them. Whatever ....just get rid .
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2014, 10:43:22 am »

We need someone with some strength to hold up the ball when Richards is not there. Toney has useful flick ons and wins allot in the Air but we seemed lightweight with D'ath and him up front.

dont remember him winning anything of note last night
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2014, 13:12:15 pm »

..............not sure how the offside trap would with someone else on the goal line for 90 minutes.

Grin Grin Grin first laugh since the game.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2014, 13:15:53 pm »

................We need someone with some strength to hold up the ball when Richards is not there. 

...........now who would that be?Huh?Huh?Huh? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2014, 13:26:42 pm »

When I heard the team sheet in the car , I said that Wilder appears to be playing team selection bingo at the moment.

Again last night he made changes to the XI which were unenforced. The formation and system seems to be varying week in week out and if fans are confused then the players must be too.

We should stick with the 4-2-3-1 which served us so well in the first 5-8 games and stop chopping so much.

In response to SteveRiches' question about good managers always losing the plot at NTFC

I agree with all this - currently we are playing like last year. As for Alfei selection - after Cheltenham couldn't believe it. I was in seat K185 and in the first 5 mins Alfei was skinned comprehensively by Potter who did look useful. I thought they scored against the run of play following silly midfield errors buy us. I didn't think it was a penalty either. Thought also that Wilder lost the plot last night - poor selection/system of players which was clearly apparent after 35mins. Another couple of performances like last night and Wilder maybe in trouble. Dreading Luton now - all the not unreasonable expectations have vaporised over the past 2/3 weeks.
Regarding SR query - OU forum board after Cambridge was doomsday Valhalla; its all about expectations! Maybe it is the injuries at the moment but does not excuse the lack lustre performance of last night.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 13:51:57 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2014, 13:30:10 pm »

...........now who would that be?Huh?Huh?Huh? Roll Eyes
I don't know. Why don't you tell us?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2014, 13:31:39 pm »

Another thing from last night. As I slouched out of Sixfields, Poxford fans singing ringing in my ears, did I really hear over the tannoy it announced, with relish, the return of Ankinfenwa??  Jeesuz, that's all we bloody need! I had an immediate vision of us being ripped yet another new one.  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2014, 13:36:25 pm »

Just seen the highlights,  What a goal for their third. I thought it was deflected cross. Looks like he might have meant it
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2014, 13:54:07 pm »

Another thing from last night. As I slouched out of Sixfields, Poxford fans singing ringing in my ears, did I really hear over the tannoy it announced, with relish, the return of Ankinfenwa??  Jeesuz, that's all we bloody need! I had an immediate vision of us being ripped yet another new one.  Embarrassed

Think you find Marquis has suspended the commentator Roll Eyes - forthwith...even immediate.... suspended etc
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2014, 14:00:47 pm »

I did find it stupid that he was so excited about it
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2014, 14:06:56 pm »

Why wouldn't he be? Everyone can sing "You fat bastard" and "Cobblers reject" and the crowd will be really fired up for another defeat.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2014, 14:07:46 pm »

There's a reason why very few goals are scored from that position on the byline. It should be really hard to beat a half decent keeper from there.

All three goals were gross individual negligence. Poor, amateurish decisions made that Those concerned would find very tough to justify, if they are indeed held to account by Wilder for these.

Goal 1 - Robertson ball watching. Schoolboy.
Goal 2 - Ridiculous challenge from the presumably lobotomised OToole about 10 foot from the ref. Moron.
Goal 3 - Alfei completely over commits and takes himself totally out the game. Cresswell gets beaten far, far, far too easily. Archer is lobbed from a position where proper keepers don 't get beaten. Comedy of errors.

But Wilder is not embarrassed, we gave it a good go.
Report Spam   Logged
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2014, 17:08:20 pm »

Just in case you wanted to see this piss poor defensive performance again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQp7mjxCvag&list=UU3Gsny6v5RKGCN3VFbH5mGw
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2014, 18:46:26 pm »

I think Mr Wilder should spend less time in his interviews Cooing over Andy Whing and his last ditch tackles and taking enormous pleasure in informing us how he , no less , was the guy with the wisdom and vision to sign Potter. Is it any wonder he wasn't embarrassed , he still thinks he manages them.

I felt his post match presser was insulting to anyone how actually paid to watch that s***e.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2014, 18:59:09 pm »

Just in case you wanted to see this **** poor defensive performance again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQp7mjxCvag&list=UU3Gsny6v5RKGCN3VFbH5mGw
It's a black Chris Dunn !   
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2014, 19:06:59 pm »

Root cause of goal one is Alfei. He should have dealt with it way before potter got into the box.

Third goal where the hell was he
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2014, 21:14:57 pm »

I don't know. Why don't you tell us?

Go on!  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print