The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:04:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Transfer News!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer News!  (Read 7534 times)
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2014, 12:49:25 pm »

Jesus.  2 things:

1. We're hopeful of bringing in 2 players, as confirmed by the club and Jefferson Lake.

2. I'm passing on the rumour I heard rather than just offering little nuggets as other posters in this very thread have.

One poster pointed out it was a Fleetwood player, one poster made a comment about the midfielder being 'no fool' which is a reference to the character 'Murdock' in the A-Team.

I'm trying to do the decent thing by writing in plain English the information which others are teasing you with.  Going forward I wont bother.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2014, 12:50:56 pm »

So, Newey and Murdoch. We've rolled the dice again, let's hope it's a double six this time and not a pair of snake eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2014, 12:52:08 pm »

Jesus.  2 things:

1. We're hopeful of bringing in 2 players, as confirmed by the club and Jefferson Lake.

2. I'm passing on the rumour I heard rather than just offering little nuggets as other posters in this very thread have.

One poster pointed out it was a Fleetwood player, one poster made a comment about the midfielder being 'no fool' which is a reference to the character 'Murdock' in the A-Team.

I'm trying to do the decent thing by writing in plain English the information which others are teasing you with.  Going forward I wont bother.

And now he's signed!  Sorry once again for furnishing you with this information before it was announced.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2014, 13:06:04 pm »

Team struggling...tonnes of injuries...random signings.

Anybody with half an eye can see it's a right back we need...and a keeper IF Duke isn't fit.

Oh well...
Tozer is adequate at our level
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
TbananaG

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2014, 13:12:06 pm »

And now he's signed!  Sorry once again for furnishing you with this information before it was announced.

Don't rise to it! You spoiled the teaser's fun - inc Mr Lake - which is a good thing!
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2014, 13:21:19 pm »

Shouldn't you be talking about mushrooms?  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2014, 13:24:51 pm »

That's a bit unfair, how many injuries have we sustained this season?

I'm sure if everybody was fit and available then we wouldn't be in this situation.
It's not just this season though is it? It's been going on for years, and to be fair, at far too many clubs at this level.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
TbananaG

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2014, 13:27:34 pm »

So, our recently invisible Chairman is still engaged enough to spend out on the playing side, which is nice.
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2014, 13:29:07 pm »

If only Kelvin had grown a beard he could have also been a "man footballer"  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2014, 13:41:34 pm »

Adequate maybe, but a polished 40 plus games a season right back...he isn't.

Ive been screaming for his inclusion in the team ahead of Alfei...as have loads of people.

However, its plain obvious that (at least on paper) most people would get shot of Alefi straight away and look to sign a decent right back to replace him. Tozer then becomes the back up player for that position.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 17:11:56 pm »

Murdoch is apparently a defensive midfielder.

I reckon that Wilder has decided that whilst Ravenhill and Carter did a decent job for us last season, neither have the stamina, box-to-box athleticism or in the case of RR passing ability to form the backbone of of our team this year. It's a shame he didn't realise this in the summer when something might have done about it on a more permanent basis (rather than spunking £s on O'Toole).

It will be very interesting to see what happens in January. Can we afford to buy Bryom AND Murdoch?

The signing of Newey signals yet another short term change to the defence. Why can't Robertson play at left back as he did at the start of the season with Langers or Tozer coming in at centre back?

Also when the hell is Horwood coming back?

Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 17:32:37 pm »

I reckon that Wilder has decided that whilst Ravenhill and Carter did a decent job for us last season, neither have the stamina, box-to-box athleticism or in the case of RR passing ability to form the backbone of of our team this year. It's a shame he didn't realise this in the summer when something might have done about it on a more permanent basis (rather than spunking £s on O'Toole).

It will be very interesting to see what happens in January. Can we afford to buy Bryom AND Murdoch?

The signing of Newey signals yet another short term change to the defence. Why can't Robertson play at left back as he did at the start of the season with Langers or Tozer coming in at centre back?

Yeah, think it's pretty clear Carter isn't highly rated by Wilder which is ironic since his performances under Wilder last season were his best in a Cobblers shirt by an absolute mile!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2014, 17:35:07 pm »

Not sure where Horwood hhas got to ? Last seen looking at the foundations being poured for the mighty East Stand, no one has seen him since  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2014, 17:57:15 pm »

Wilder still being hampered by the "Boothroyd" hangover .... I suspect only collins will remain next season of the AB signings and none of the January sticking plasters signed by CW

Wont see the best of Wilder till he has his own squad ....
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2014, 18:03:30 pm »

Yep. I'd agree with your thoughts on Wilders decisions for our midfield and defence. Should have seen enough of RR and Carter last season and still hasn't addressed the right back problem.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2014, 18:56:21 pm »

Wilder still being hampered by the "Boothroyd" hangover .... I suspect only collins will remain next season of the AB signings and none of the January sticking plasters signed by CW

Wont see the best of Wilder till he has his own squad ....

There's some truth in this. I think RR and Sinclair in particular were 'survival signings' which wouldn't necessarily have been brought in on such long contracts in an ideal world.

Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2014, 19:28:17 pm »

I had a good chat with Horwood the other day, and asked him about his injury. He genuinely said he has no idea what's up with him, and is absolutely hating it at the moment. Says he's never been injured in his life and just wants to crack on with the season.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
oop_north

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2014, 20:40:40 pm »

As CW has been banned from the touchline for 2 games, shouldn't we be getting a loan manager in?

And, due to the number of injuries, a loan fitness coach, and a loan physio?

Maybe we could loan an East Stand while we're at it.......?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2014, 20:43:33 pm »

Or get a loan in to pay the builders what they're owed?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2014, 20:54:28 pm »

Kane Ferdinand.

It would be interesting to know your sauce.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: