The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:46:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Barnet away

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnet away  (Read 8125 times)
Trotty

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2010, 17:30:27 pm »

anyone thats ever been to barnet knows the ball will hold up going up the hill.  Our players didn't know that today and it led to the sending off.
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2010, 17:41:16 pm »

I went today. F*cking sick of it.
1-0 up to 4-1 down after losing our left-back from idiocy.
Embarrassing how the same old excuses are being rolled out by people who didn't attend: "rome wasnt built in a day", "the red card justifies us conceding 4 goals to the worst team in the football league", "sammo had dust in his eye and couldn't see that taking leon off meant essentially accepting defeat at half-time".
A better side would've inflicted a cricket score on us today, 4-1 flattered us.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2010, 18:07:12 pm »

We were poor today.  Davis challenge was sheer stupidity and a cast iron penalty, although from behind the goal I'm not convinced he was last man as Kabba was running parallel to the goal line with players in the middle.

How Gilly was still on the pitch at the end of the game is a mystery.  He had a shocker and the challenge he was booked for looked far worse than Osman's last week.

On the decision to withdraw Leon, I could sort of see the sense in it.  If you are looking to play one up front, Leon just doesn't have the legs for that role anymore and needs someone alongside him to do the running, although personally I'd rather have seen us leave two up front and have more of a go! 
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2010, 18:07:44 pm »

anyone thats ever been to barnet knows the ball will hold up going up the hill.  Our players didn't know that today and it led to the sending off.

Not surprisng when you're talking about a club with the thickest chairman,the thickest manager and the thickest players that we've had in our history.
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2010, 18:41:52 pm »

The lino today was literally unfit to run the line but we would have lost anyway
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2010, 18:46:13 pm »

The lino today was literally unfit to run the line but we would have lost anyway

Blood hell! It's the Lino,the slope, the unstoppable blacky. When are you going to start blaming the s***e team and the management that assembled it?
Report Spam   Logged
RussNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2010, 19:38:45 pm »

Gilligan back in the side caught my eye, been playing better without him....someone very odd is going on there.

I can't think of any reason why Sammo keeps playing him, he is out of form, needs an operation and hasn't played for 2 or 3 weeks and goes straight into the starting line-up and plays the whole 90 minutes and we lose 1-4.........makes no sense.

Would never blame one player for a defeat, but there's better options than Gilligan!

Report Spam   Logged

I moan because I care!
EastNpton

« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2010, 19:43:56 pm »

It'd be interesting to see the stats for win/draw/loss ratio with Gilligan in the side, especially with him in the centre. For someone that never tackles he made time for a badly timed lunge today
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2010, 19:45:23 pm »

It's bizarre decision after bizarre decision.The persistence in Gilligan,the loan signings,the ridiculous substitutions, the playing players out of position etc etc.You can only defend juvenile mistakes on managerial inexperience for so long.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2010, 19:53:14 pm »

Not surprisng when you're talking about a club with the thickest chairman,the thickest manager and the thickest players that we've had in our history.

You've missed another element and if you need any clues, read through this thread and pay particular attention to the posts of ntfc NUT, I'm not sure "thickest" covers it, the guy is dellusional.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2010, 21:33:57 pm »

It was utter f***ing s***e.

No discipline, no backbone, Davis made 2 f***ing cock ups prior to deciding to slam Kabba into the turf in the box.

After we went down to 10 men it was shambolic. If we're losing 2-1 at half time and you put on Rodgers for McKenzie as the answer I'd love to know what the f***ing question is. Oh and how the f*** did Gilligan stay on the pitch for the entire match over Osman?

Crap, crap, crap.

Tuesday had better be vastly improved...

And as an aside - I hope that c*** of a steward gets a criminal record for his attack on the Cobblers fan just before half time. The fans were being a bit rowdy but that reaction is a f***ing disgrace.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2010, 23:01:16 pm »

It was utter f***ing sh*te.

No discipline, no backbone, Davis made 2 f***ing cock ups prior to deciding to slam Kabba into the turf in the box.

After we went down to 10 men it was shambolic. If we're losing 2-1 at half time and you put on Rodgers for McKenzie as the answer I'd love to know what the f***ing question is. Oh and how the f*** did Gilligan stay on the pitch for the entire match over Osman?

Crap, crap, crap.

Tuesday had better be vastly improved...

And as an aside - I hope that c*** of a steward gets a criminal record for his attack on the Cobblers fan just before half time. The fans were being a bit rowdy but that reaction is a f***ing disgrace.

What happened?  I saw a lad frogmarched outside by a senior steward and copper?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2010, 23:18:42 pm »

Embarrassing. Thats all.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2010, 10:37:51 am »

What happened?  I saw a lad frogmarched outside by a senior steward and copper?

Usual stuff going on between the two sets of fans. The stewards, as is usual at away games giving the eyeballs at our lot. All of a sudden it kicks off, not entirely sure what started it and the next thing I know one of their stewards is giving one of our fans some pretty hefty digs to the stomach.
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2010, 11:24:21 am »

A steward got twatted, they initially marched off the wrong lad (the black lad), before getting the right one eventually.
Report Spam   Logged
theeditorwss

« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2010, 14:32:10 pm »

Here are some thoughts on yesterday I wrote, at midnight, for the 72. Would appreciate you all taking a few moments to read and comment etc.

Thanks!

Edit - forgot link, so look like an idiot. Nothing new there...

http://theseventytwo.com/football-league/league-2/2010/11/21/one-mans-pain-as-barnet-leather-the-cobblers/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 15:53:48 pm by theeditorwss » Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2010, 15:46:58 pm »

Here are some thoughts on yesterday I wrote, at midnight, for the 72. Would appreciate you all taking a few moments to read and comment etc.

Thanks!

I thought it was O.T.T
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: