The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:48:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

A Great Christmas Present...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Great Christmas Present...  (Read 2292 times)
stevecobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 15:23:01 pm »

And hes another christmas present, radio northampton are planning to play  recorded highlights of the liverpool v cobblers game over christmas. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 15:33:54 pm »

Rumours that they were going to release a cd of the Liverpool highlights for Children In Need?
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 18:07:23 pm »

Mark, sent you some of my memories in an email to you via the hotelenders address, hope you enjoy it, if not for a new book by all means use in a fanzine if short of articles, let us know what you thought once read please Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 08:46:50 am »

I'd imagine the Marquis is pretty pleased to see this one back..

After the way you looked after him last time for all the free advertising........  Cool Evil

What do you mean mate?  I don't remember upsetting Karl (did I Karl?) please let me know if I did because I have no idea...  Or is this a TFAMH wind up?
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 08:49:57 am »

Thanks Tyro, I'll have a read.  Any lost shoes haha.

Thanks everyone for the orders, I'll post them out today.

If anyone wants to order by post too, send a cheque to 46 Denmark Road, Northampton, NN1 5QS.

My first game, Crewe at home, won 2-1, promoted as champions, Trevor Morley scored a pen and Richard Hill made it 2-0.  Peter Bodak pulled one back for Crewe who had about ten fans there.  Crowd was about 9,000, date was 29th April 1987.  I stood in the family enclosure and paid £1.00 to get in.  I remember it well!
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:30 am »

Thanks Tyro, I'll have a read.  Any lost shoes haha.

Thanks everyone for the orders, I'll post them out today.

If anyone wants to order by post too, send a cheque to 46 Denmark Road, Northampton, NN1 5QS.

My first game, Crewe at home, won 2-1, promoted as champions, Trevor Morley scored a pen and Richard Hill made it 2-0.  Peter Bodak pulled one back for Crewe who had about ten fans there.  Crowd was about 9,000, date was 29th April 1987.  I stood in the family enclosure and paid £1.00 to get in.  I remember it well!

I remember the Chron headline very well the day after that game against Crewe. Trevor Morley said (on winning the penalty) "I may have dived a bit"  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 09:27:48 am »

Oh yeah, I remember that too Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
irishman7_uk

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 10:55:14 am »

Two ordered as Christmas presents - I will read oen of theres! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 11:17:11 am »

Northampton 0-2 Wigan, September 1993. Just over 6 months old, on the Hotel End, crying because of the noise apparently. Embarrassed As you'd expect I remember absolutely f*** all about the game

You're very lucky. There wasn't too much to remember about that game!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 15:02:52 pm »

Me...Wind up?  Grin

I'm sure you didn't upset Karl... In fact I don't know much that does...  Grin

I was vaguely alluding to the fact that you might wish to reward him in some small (or fcuking huge) way, for him allowing you to use his website as a vehicle to advertise your wares....

Tongue

Ah, I see.  I was worried that I had pissed Karl off.

I have used many Cobblers forums and the club's websites to promote fanzines, books etc and I'm sure others have for eBay items (Glen did with his towels too).  I am very grateful to Karl and all the other people who promote these things for me and I try to give back what I get (like contributors to the fanzine get a free issue if they come and see me when I'm selling).

By the way, I don't make much financially on the books or fanzines, with rising printing costs and time and effort, it is more done for the love of it than to make me rich by any means.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 15:25:10 pm »

By the way, I don't make much financially on the books or fanzines, with rising printing costs and time and effort, it is more done for the love of it than to make me rich by any means.  Smiley

I saw Mark driving around in a Bentley the other day.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 15:27:45 pm »

I saw Mark driving around in a Bentley the other day.

That makes sense,  I heard Sammo's new Jaguar was one Mark had no more use for.
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 16:05:55 pm »

It was dirty so I bought a new one Grin
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 19:49:58 pm »

First game - taken on back of Steve Riches scooter or bike. He offered as visiting our next door neighbour, so also first experience of clinging on for dear life pillion, down Birchfield Rd from Westone/Booth Lane. Stopped at Park Ave junction to go straight ahead. But he turns his head and says, "I always put my right foot out hoping the bus (choice of 2 or 21) will run it over and I'll get compensation". Scary to a youngster. The whole match-day experience remained and I've been hooked - damn you sometimes! Then my first night game, yes same scary ride but at night v Watford I think, who played in black shorts those days not red. Amongst first teams seen were: Barrow, Workington, Bradford PA, Newport County. Can anyone guess the year 'cos I've lent out my Frank Grande's book.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: