The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:38:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wimbledon (h) Official thread

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon (h) Official thread  (Read 3272 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: November 01, 2014, 17:40:23 pm »

Doesn't seem to be an actual thread for the game, so here goes;
Hope Mohammed and Nicholls does well and we keep Bayo out of the game.
I predict a 2-0 win...but I won't be there. C'mon Cobbs!
How was Bayo btw?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest49

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 17:55:39 pm »

#beastmode off
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 18:02:14 pm »

Very much like he was in his final 4 or 5 months here
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 18:02:48 pm »

ps - Never Right - you can mention him as much as you like tonight. Tell us all how we miss him  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 18:07:37 pm »

10 Hylton(Oxford Utd)

8  Cullen(Luton)

8  Richards(Northampton)

8  Tubbs(Wimbledon)

7  Akinfenwa(Wimbledon)
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 18:17:29 pm »

& Richards hasn't played in a month

Back in training next week though
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 18:20:56 pm »

ps - Never Right - you can mention him as much as you like tonight. Tell us all how we miss him  Smiley

Thank you very much - great gesture Wink Thought that Bayo was well marshalled by both Cresswell and Robertson. However Bayo was their most effective forward in an ineffective forward line. He did have pretty poor service but he was their only player who might have scored. Would I resign him - not on todays performance. Don't rule him out though.  As an aside thought that Cresswell played well again (whom Razor dislikes) as did Robertson. Newey good without being too fancy; played sensibly and generally passed well. Archer had another good game and deserves his place. His critics may well have to change their tune soon. Tozer also played well with some neat foot work too; no prize for you AD for your cynical comment on Tozer. Alls well that ends well.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 18:23:05 pm »

O'Toole probably had his best game I've seen him in. Hopefully he might start to click now, he must have something about him. Look at his hair.

And while I'm at it, neon boots? You're league two footballers.
Report Spam   Logged

TbananaG

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 18:23:23 pm »

Wimbledon looked like a team that had spent all its money on strikers and forgotten that you need other players too. Doesn't really matter who you have up front if you don't get them any service. Bayo was....Bayo, not sure Tubbs had a touch all game.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 18:24:02 pm »

& Richards hasn't played in a month

Isn't that an important part of the story? Think about it. It's not too difficult.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 19:10:05 pm »

As an aside thought that Cresswell played well again (whom Razor dislikes) as did Robertson.

What's your fascination Nevers?

I said I'd chose Langmead over Cresswell if it came down to a choice between the two. I've seen Cresswell play 4 or 5 times and he certainly didn't fill me with any confidence whereas Langmead is/was the club captain and an assumed automatic choice.

It's all irrelevant because he's here for 3 years so I hope he's ultimately successful for us, time will tell...
Report Spam   Logged
YoungCobbler

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 19:16:09 pm »

The guy sat in A75 in the North Stand is an absolute cuxt, from guy in C77! Talked shxt all game and didn't get behind the team once, your moaning about Archer is embarrassing!! Wxnker
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 19:37:52 pm »

The guy sat in A75 in the North Stand is an absolute cuxt, from guy in C77! Talked shxt all game and didn't get behind the team once, your moaning about Archer is embarrassing!! Wxnker

I was wondering where Chris Wilder sat.
Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 19:43:21 pm »

Though Wimbledon really suffered from the lump it to Bayo tactic, they had no plan B. Barely remember Tubbs touching the ball.

Two new guys looked solid and made good decisions. Tozer did well. Two centrebacks did excellant against the "best" strike parters in the league, Robertson had his best game I've seen at CB. I don't think D'Ath has stopped running from his first match her, always give everything and played well. First goal was great play. Toney did well considering he is playing up on his own, still learning the trade at this age and I think he will pick up some goals if/when Richards comes back.

Overall Wimbledon aren't great, if there two strikers get going then they will score but they relied on Bayo so much (sound familiar).

Where is Hackett by the way? Didnt realise he was injured?
Report Spam   Logged
philntfc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 19:54:36 pm »

Though Wimbledon really suffered from the lump it to Bayo tactic, they had no plan B.
Sounds strangely familiar!
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 19:55:34 pm »

Think Hackett loaned Carter his bad back for a week and now has it back. Grin
Disagree about Toney , he just looked very tired and off the pace for most of the time. We looked so much better with K mo as the target man and Sinclair and Nicholls adding genuine pace.
If everybody was fit Toney would struggle to make the team on that performance.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 20:15:54 pm »

Not that I'm one to moan but that performance IMO was poor! Just as well they were worse than us! Why do we persist in lumping it to Toney, who actually did ok today but why are we playing him as a target man? Still, 3 points gratefully accepted..
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 20:17:34 pm »

Think Hackett loaned Carter his bad back for a week and now has it back. Grin
Disagree about Toney , he just looked very tired and off the pace for most of the time. We looked so much better with K mo as the target man and Sinclair and Nicholls adding genuine pace.
If everybody was fit Toney would struggle to make the team on that performance.

Thought that Toney did ok 1st half - seem to tire second half.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 20:28:33 pm »

I love playing Wimbledon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator