The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 09:20:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

This really confused me...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This really confused me...  (Read 3755 times)
DustCobb

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 31, 2010, 17:01:47 pm »

My mrs was doing the Sixfields carboot yesterday....wandered down to 'help out' and thought surely they will have the club shop open, give me a chance to buy some merchandise...nope closed. No idea if there was a reason for this? Strikes me as ludicrous though, the amount of passing trade and interest you'd get...also fans like me who work pretty much the times when the shop is usually open would have a chance to buy stuff! A really minor gripe, but surely not hard to staff the shop for 3 hours or so once a month on a Sunday morning?!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 17:14:09 pm »

Thought the same today. Popped down to the club on the off chance that the shop would be open but no, of course it wasn't..

Despite the fact that there were loads of people at the stadium and youth games being played on the pitch...

Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 17:36:39 pm »

Hold on aa second.  When the club announced that they were going to sell replica Prem shirts, wasn't one of the main arguments that they could sell them when the shop opened for the car boot sales?   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 18:08:50 pm »

Hold on aa second.  When the club announced that they were going to sell replica Prem shirts, wasn't one of the main arguments that they could sell them when the shop opened for the car boot sales?   Roll Eyes

It does seem a shame, as I wanted to pop in and have a look as well  - for reasons similar to that have been mentioned, this was the first time I was near sixfields since end of season.

I did not spend any money at the car boot as nothing tempted me, I know if the club shop was open my temptation to open my wallet would have been overwhelming.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
irishman7_uk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 19:46:00 pm »

When it comes to things like this the club is a joke.  I remember late last year / early this year when the 10k race was on and there was 100s and 100s of people at the ground as this was the starting and finishing point.  I sent Cardoza an email following this listing a number of things I was surprised at - one of which was the club shop been closed.  Cardoza did come back to me which was good I thought and the marketing manager replied to all I had to say.  The reason for the club shop been closed was too do with the staff who work there having worked there allocated hours.  Doubt that very much.  If the club needs money like they say they do then surely someone could hold the fort.  Same with the car boots.  Should always be open st events which attract high numbers of people as the fans will spend money in there - especially after seeing a lot of the crap that is sold on the car boot at sixfields! 

I went the car boot a couple of months ago and the club shop was closed.  Couldnt  believe it.  Absolute joke.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 19:49:46 pm »

I suspected it might be a staffing issue....but f*** me, i'll man the bastard shop for a few hours once a month as i am sure would lots of other people, it isn't hard and its only a couple of hours. Get Gareth Wilsher to do it, TCexMP, couple of the youth team, theres lots of fooking options.
Report Spam   Logged
irishman7_uk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 21:11:08 pm »

I suspected it might be a staffing issue....but f*** me, i'll man the bastard shop for a few hours once a month as i am sure would lots of other people, it isn't hard and its only a couple of hours. Get Gareth Wilsher to do it, TCexMP, couple of the youth team, theres lots of fooking options.

Totally agree
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 21:11:53 pm »

Exactly.

Let a couple of the Apprentices do it, or even ask the Trust if they have a couple of volunteers, I'm sure somebody would do it.

If it's to do with allocated hours why don't they shut early on Tuesdays say and open Saturday mornings when the vast majority of the clubs target market are actually able to visit the shop!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 04:39:34 am »

I would make it a 24/7 shop..We're a huge club with shirts selling fast..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 14:33:10 pm »

I think this is the kind of thing most people were getting at in the 'sinking ship' posts,
the club should be making the most of these opportunities.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 15:18:59 pm »

It was the same at last years 'closed season' car boot sales. Although they were selling old shirts in the (closed) bar last year. It really is a missed opportunity at making money for the club. I would man the shop for a small shop voucher if that helps!
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04:10 am »

It is a double sided coin, the club wants to be a 24 hour business at times but doesn't have the resourses to do it.  They want to make money but have to cut costs to save money.  This is a one way ticket to shooting yourself in the foot at times.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 09:13:52 am »

I still don't get why they don't close early one week day and open Saturday mornings?

Surely they'd get some more custom when most consumers are not stuck at work?
Report Spam   Logged
dodger

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 18:57:20 pm »

A bit of a gamble to open the shop, with enough money needing to be taken when the weather is fine to conteract those days when it is bad.

As to the trust managing the shop on such days it is out of the question. The small band of Trust Board members that are prepared to turn up at 7.30 on a Sunday morning are fully stretched.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 21:17:14 pm »

Is irishman7_uk really a newbie?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
DustCobb

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 10:49:03 am »

To get someone to staff the Club Shop from 9-12 one Sunday a month should not be hard. No Excuses.

(Before someone pipes up about the Trust being fully stretched etc etc etc, it is directed at the club and not the gods that are the trust)
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:33 am »

Perhaps DC and Manwork could work in the shop together on Saturdays mornings. That would draw in the crowds.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 18:26:45 pm »

I'd pay to see that, may aswell go all out, get them in the boxing ring for charity.
Report Spam   Logged
irishman7_uk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 19:42:07 pm »

Is irishman7_uk really a newbie?

Yeah. Why do you ask?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: