The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:32:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Craig King

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craig King  (Read 3010 times)
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 19:23:13 pm »

Somebody said we should probably judge King when he plays up front for a full game with someone, which is probably very fair.

Totally agree ! Give the lad a chance !
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 20:34:30 pm »

How many touches of the ball did he get yesterday? I'm guessing it was less than ten. Sammo was right when he said King works a lot, but it really struck me yesterday how little of that running has anything to do with the ball or produces anything - sure, he pressures the keeper and defenders, but he never gets there to produce anything (except for the one effort in the second half that brought a good save from their keeper).

Sorry, effort's not enough - we need some impact. And how come Barnet (bigger budget than us?!) had three recently acquired centre forwards on the pitch or the bench yesterday who've been sold for millions over the years. Sure, Gallen's looking his age, and there must be some hidden problem with McLeod, but Kabba looked like what he's always been - a borderline Championship player so bloody good at League Two level.

And we were left chasing the game, 3-1 down, with a young Leicester loanee on his own up front, except when we took the big risk of sending both centre backs forward for the rare corner. FFS.
EFFORT is surely the very least the public should expect?
It seems that Sammo's pot of gold from the chairman as a consequence of the cup run only stretches to a mediocre Leicester reserve who hardly impressed much at Hereford last year.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
TbananaG

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 19:19:32 pm »

Credit where it's due - I thought he did a really good job when he came on yesterday, some good touches and his movement was really effective in pulling the defenders around and making some space for Leon. He took up where Billy left off. Trouble is, Billy's better at doing that job and we still need a target man.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 19:40:22 pm »

I actually think King is better than Billy.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 20:27:34 pm »

He was enough of a nuisance to the oppo yhesterday to warrant a place, but let's be honest, he's no striker, and in a squad of players up to average league 2 standard, he would not get a look-in. Being keen and running fast doesn't get goals.
Report Spam   Logged
Chamois

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 22:46:31 pm »

A striker not wanted by a mediocre Championship club is hardly likely to set L2 alight. I'd rather see Courtney get an opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged

"Every Cobblers player is a potential hero, not the villain some portray him as" (to the sound of 'All Together Now').
guest47

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 22:55:34 pm »

A striker not wanted by a mediocre Championship club is hardly likely to set L2 alight. I'd rather see Courtney get an opportunity.

I would have preferred to see Courtney get on especially as his speed would have been a handful against a tiring defence.
But then if you take someone on loan aren't there agreements where you are obliged to play them?
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc_mad_army

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 18:26:54 pm »

craig king has extended his loan spell till mid january
http://www.football365.com/news/league_2/0,17032,8921,00.html
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 18:43:52 pm »

Thought he did well yesterday, put himself about and pressuring their defenders whenever they were on the ball. Shame he can't stick it in the net.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 19:28:02 pm »

He ran around a lot. But he isn't a striker, is he!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 20:23:40 pm »

Do you know what, I started this thread because I was so p***d off about it, but I think there are some reasons to be a bit more positve after Hillsborough and yesterday - some good touches and running with a purpose. Agreed, though, he's not a striker - it was a shame about that header - but maybe he could do a job just behind a front two.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 20:30:42 pm »

Personally, I think he was better than Jarvis yesterday. He seemed to have much more energy and presence. I agree about Herbert though - surely when you're playing against ten men and the game's getting stretched a forward with genuine pace is what you need.
Report Spam   Logged
Jamesyboy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 20:31:15 pm »

you say that but simon cox was pretty good when we got him for reading and set our league alight.. not saying king is going to do this though!
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 21:19:48 pm »

He ran around a lot. But he isn't a striker, is he!!!!!

More of a striker than Jarvis though !!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 21:28:11 pm »

you say that but simon cox was pretty good when we got him for reading and set our league alight.. not saying king is going to do this though!

Reading were in the Prem at the time and we were in league 1
Report Spam   Logged
Mad Dog

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 12:50:50 pm »

Has now extended his loan until the 8th of January next year.
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 15:13:39 pm »

I like King. His workrate is excellent and given a few more chances believe he will start scoring
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 15:24:17 pm »

Reading were in the Prem at the time and we were in league 1

To be honest I think he is more off a Lee Barnard rather than a Cox.

Not sure he ever scored for us....maybe one, but hard working and does bring others into play by constantly making himself available
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 18:16:48 pm »

To be honest I think he is more off a Lee Barnard rather than a Cox.

Not sure he ever scored for us....maybe one, but hard working and does bring others into play by constantly making himself available

Wasn't Barnard top scorer in league 1 last season until he lamped some chav?

Or are you talking solely about his time with us?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 18:18:51 pm by ArmchairCobbler81 » Report Spam   Logged
RussNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 22:48:48 pm »

Time will tell with King, think Jarvis is better though!
Report Spam   Logged

I moan because I care!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: