The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 08:22:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sheffield Away (Part 1)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheffield Away (Part 1)  (Read 9172 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2010, 20:50:06 pm »

There are a couple of huge games coming up..Stockport and Morcambe are must wins..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2010, 20:50:37 pm »

good result considering...and yet I still feel disapointed, anybody else?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2010, 20:51:39 pm »

Yes, a decent result tonight.

Im sorry though but I am struggling to get excited. Thankfully results elsewhere have kept us out of the bottom 2. Bottom 2 ffs. Just hope that they can build on this. I guess this result has given Sammo another 5 games - easy ones than we have had - to get it right? That will take us to the half way point. And 3 days before the transfer window opens.

Next stop Hillsborough. Looking forward to that one, 15quid each on the train from Wboro (group saver). Leave at 9:20. Bring it on!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2010, 20:54:39 pm »

Yes, a decent result tonight.

Im sorry though but I am struggling to get excited. Thankfully results elsewhere have kept us out of the bottom 2. Bottom 2 ffs. Just hope that they can build on this. I guess this result has given Sammo another 5 games - easy ones than we have had - to get it right? That will take us to the half way point. And 3 days before the transfer window opens.

Next stop Hillsborough. Looking forward to that one, 15quid each on the train from Wboro (group saver). Leave at 9:20. Bring it on!

I know I got shot down for saying this on the other thread, but of the 5 games we've got in December we should be looking to win at least 3- they're all winnable imo. That would put us comfortably mid-table and ease the pressure a little on Sammo (for now).
Report Spam   Logged

NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2010, 20:55:28 pm »

Yes because King and Macca missed at least 5 chances. We maybe should have won 3 or 4-2. We do well against the top teams and struggle against the sh*t teams..

Really? Our three-game winning streak came against probably the worst three sides we've faced this season.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2010, 20:58:30 pm »

Really? Our three-game winning streak came against probably the worst three sides we've faced this season.
What about Barnet and Hereford?
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2010, 21:00:28 pm »

I know I got shot down for saying this on the other thread, but of the 5 games we've got in December we should be looking to win at least 3- they're all winnable imo. That would put us comfortably mid-table and ease the pressure a little on Sammo (for now).

Your never get shot down mate, your too resilient for that!

Yes, the 5 games are easier. But lets not forget that whilst we have taken decent points against 2 of the top 4 sides in the last week or so, we have also been tonked by 3 of the worst ones! And that as the 3rd worst team in the division (as the table shows at least), our forthcoming opponents may be considering that their fixture against us is indeed a winnable one!

Time will tell. But I thought at 1-0 - never mind 2-0 - Sammo was enjoying his wake this evening. I think it will delay the inevitable - hope Im wrong though. Very wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2010, 21:00:57 pm »

What about Barnet and Hereford?

To be fair I thought Hereford looked a good side, particularly in the second half. Bauza is a class act. Two of Leon's goals in the first half were down to out-of-the-blue individual errors and the scoreline at half time flattered us a little. The scoreline at full time was the least Hereford deserved. On another day we'd have given them a game perhaps, but it wasn't to be. Wasn't at the Barnet game so according to the new Hotel End rules I'm not allowed to comment. Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 21:03:03 pm by NTFC Nut » Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2010, 21:37:28 pm »

Nut= Cyber warrior..you must have 2 keyboards mate..I've never known anyone to type to many posts at once.

I'm off until Saturday...Peace...
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2010, 21:46:47 pm »

Pleased with a draw up there and even more so for the brilliant 138 that made the game.

Well done to Sammo, the players and especially our fans.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2010, 21:53:14 pm »

Cracking result tonight, would have taken that before kick off.  Well done Town.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2010, 22:00:17 pm »

Some Rotherham fan put £5,000 on them to beat us tonight at 4/5 on.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2119410340

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

TbananaG

« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2010, 22:05:21 pm »

That's a shame.
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:22 pm »

Did anybody see on the BBC website that instead of McKenzie, we have Benjamin up front? I thought we'd resigned Joe Benjamin for a minute  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2010, 12:48:19 pm »

Official club text also had Benjamin and not McKenzie playing
Report Spam   Logged
black_army

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2010, 14:57:55 pm »

good result considering...and yet I still feel disapointed, anybody else?

Not in the slightest.

Was an enjoyable game and good to see us look relatively comfortable against a high-flying side with a top quality striker being kept very quiet.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2010, 15:24:29 pm »

Joe Benjamin used to be number 18, didn't he? Think he's at Ebbsfleet now...
Report Spam   Logged

4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2010, 15:39:56 pm »

Joe Benjamin used to be number 18, didn't he? Think he's at Ebbsfleet now...

Borehamwood
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2010, 18:27:15 pm »

Not in the slightest.

Was an enjoyable game and good to see us look relatively comfortable against a high-flying side with a top quality striker being kept very quiet.

I thought the same. Le Fondre didn't get a sniff all game. The most pleasing thing for me was that when we were under the cosh in the second half, we defended really well as a team.

I was more than happy to take a point before hand and was fearing a real hammering when the second goal went in so well done to the lads for a great response  Smiley

One another note, i feel really sorry for the Rotherham fans having to go there every week. Its a terrible experience. That said, they were the quietest fans that I think I have ever seen.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
black_army

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2010, 14:11:55 pm »

I thought the same. Le Fondre didn't get a sniff all game. The most pleasing thing for me was that when we were under the cosh in the second half, we defended really well as a team.

I was more than happy to take a point before hand and was fearing a real hammering when the second goal went in so well done to the lads for a great response  Smiley

One another note, i feel really sorry for the Rotherham fans having to go there every week. Its a terrible experience. That said, they were the quietest fans that I think I have ever seen.

It's a woeful matchday experience isn't it!

Never been to a less atmospheric place and I do feel a little sorry for 'home' fans having to put up with that every other week.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: