The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 05:31:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale Away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale Away  (Read 9126 times)
guest47

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2014, 20:19:31 pm »

Waddock got sacked in the summer as our new owners put in a condition that Appleton became head coach, our old owner lenagan said that he wanted to keep Waddock

Lenagan is still joint owner
Report Spam   Logged
Oxford1

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2014, 20:58:53 pm »

Lenagan is still joint owner

He's not the one who calls the shots now
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2014, 21:04:50 pm »

Great strike and unless archer was superman there was no chance with their first. Yes, the 2nd was poor marking but the flicked header just used the pace of the delivery to guide past archer, you could argue that he could have done better but he may have been unsighted by his own defence. We are desperately trying to find a scapegoat but archer isn't one of them. He actually produced some good saves in the game which I'm sure people must sleep through??!

Seems to me much more like you are desperately trying to find a reason NOT to make Archer the scapegoat.

If, as you claim, he came and caught most of the balls crossed into the box last night with some authority then that is the biggest turnaround that has taken place in my entire lifetime watching football. He has done quite literally nothing of the sort (or anything to suggest he even might) in the previous dozen or so games he has played. The last of which was only four days earlier.

There's a reason why such an overwhelming majority want him out. He's a f@cking lightweight and we have a much, much better keeper wasting away on the bench.

You are right, I could argue that he should have done better on the second. But he didn't do better and I can't be arsed to argue about it. If you can't see it yourself it's your own (and Wilder's) blind-spot. It's f@cking obvious.
Report Spam   Logged
fwalden

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2014, 22:08:38 pm »

Seems to me much more like you are desperately trying to find a reason NOT to make Archer the scapegoat.

If, as you claim, he came and caught most of the balls crossed into the box last night with some authority then that is the biggest turnaround that has taken place in my entire lifetime watching football. He has done quite literally nothing of the sort (or anything to suggest he even might) in the previous dozen or so games he has played. The last of which was only four days earlier.

There's a reason why such an overwhelming majority want him out. He's a f@cking lightweight and we have a much, much better keeper wasting away on the bench.

You are right, I could argue that he should have done better on the second. But he didn't do better and I can't be arsed to argue about it. If you can't see it yourself it's your own (and Wilder's) blind-spot. It's f@cking obvious.

I'm not really interested in making him or not making him a scapegoat. I just call it on the games I've seen this week and his last two games I felt he has done ok, particularly last night. If we're being really picky and trying to compare, then you could say that duke didn't get off his line quick enough in his one on one for the first orient goal. Look, I love duke but for now he isn't the number one. Archer got off his line quickly on some quick attacks and made some crucial blocks, he also claimed at least 4 crosses in the box from dead ball situations last night and took them cleanly. It did take some pressure off the defence and I feel sorry for him that he didn't get the clean sheet he deserved. I genuinely don't know what the fuss is all about. He's not the one at fault?!
Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
fwalden

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2014, 22:13:31 pm »

It is very good of you to reply to Phil(indirectly IMO) but he is clearly on a knee jerker hike and may have lost sight of the actual situation which you so ably describe above. Not totally sure your analysis of last night would suit some on here with an axe to grind. Keep it up though!

I'll try Everbrite, cheers. All I can say is that I actually enjoy watching wilders team - win, lose or draw. The despair and sheer despondency I felt for gj and the sh1t football served up by Aidy didn't even warrant an analysis as it was simply horrendous. I feel this squad, with a bit of luck, confidence and a run of results can do something. Rico, Hackett, Toney and k-mo, when on form, can be really exciting to watch, particularly with wilders approach.
Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2014, 22:20:23 pm »

Whenever I have seen Archer, he hasn't done anything that gives me concern.  The problem is the merry-go-round of centre defenders in front of him...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2014, 22:42:08 pm »

............... If you can't see it yourself it's your own (and Wilder's) blind-spot. It's f@cking obvious.

Seems that the Chron see's it different too in making Archer MOM last night Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
fwalden

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2014, 23:04:50 pm »

Seems that the Chron see's it different too in making Archer MOM last night Grin

Haha, pleased about that. After the abuse I thought I was going mad!
Report Spam   Logged

Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2014, 23:25:12 pm »

I thought second half he did well and actually came out and collected crosses but he is an accident waiting to happen.

In the first half he had little to do but almost gifted two goals, flapping horrendously at one cross and spilling one free kick straight at him. In the second half again he flapped at one cross and completely misjudged another which hit the woodwork.

I just think he does not have a presence on the pitch, and from what I have seen does not warrant the no 1 position
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2014, 23:40:19 pm »

Neither does Duke in preference to him.. Are we looking for a better number 1 and Archer is probably the best of what we have got?

It's amazing how much better a player gets when he isn't playing...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
j20cobbler

« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2014, 00:02:14 am »

Whenever I have seen Archer, he hasn't done anything that gives me concern.  The problem is the merry-go-round of centre defenders in front of him...
You are absolutely right.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2014, 08:11:55 am »

Waddock got sacked in the summer as our new owners put in a condition that Appleton became head coach, our old owner lenagan said that he wanted to keep Waddock

So what was Waddock's record as manager from when he took over to when he got sacked?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2014, 09:05:06 am »

Are you serious Deepcut? The times I have seen him he is just like Dunn looks OK for 85 mins then will drop the ball, fumble a cross, he just doesn't inspire confidence, he isn't a scapegoat he just isn't very good.

Duke is a better Keeper and he is OURs
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2014, 09:30:46 am »

I'll try Everbrite, cheers. All I can say is that I actually enjoy watching wilders team - win, lose or draw. The despair and sheer despondency I felt for gj and the sh1t football served up by Aidy didn't even warrant an analysis as it was simply horrendous. I feel this squad, with a bit of luck, confidence and a run of results can do something. Rico, Hackett, Toney and k-mo, when on form, can be really exciting to watch, particularly with wilders approach.
My thoughts entirely.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2014, 10:14:39 am »

Are you serious Deepcut? The times I have seen him he is just like Dunn looks OK for 85 mins then will drop the ball, fumble a cross, he just doesn't inspire confidence, he isn't a scapegoat he just isn't very good.

Duke is a better Keeper and he is OURs

You have not seen him enough then and Dunn also played pretty well last Friday. Deepcut made a reasonable call on Archer and as far as I can see was not joking Roll Eyes Why don't you get a life old chap and cheer up.

Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2014, 10:28:31 am »

Haha, pleased about that. After the abuse I thought I was going mad!

You have your opinion and as it seems reasonably well balanced; probably more representative of groundswell support too. Just don't get too involved with the moaners/groaners on here who I suspect only go to the occasional match. No need to justify your views with the "Phils and Montys" of this forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2014, 10:31:29 am »

You have not seen him enough then and Dunn also played pretty well last Friday. Deepcut made a reasonable call on Archer and as far as I can see was not joking Roll Eyes Why don't you get a life old chap and cheer up.

Your right I haven't seen him lately but we are still conceding lots of goals and from the match high/lowlights he still looks dodgy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2014, 10:55:34 am »

Your right I haven't seen him lately but we are still conceding lots of goals and from the match high/lowlights he still looks dodgy.

hope this helps:

Player ratings

JORDAN ARCHER

His statistics don’t make good reading but the goalkeeper is improving with every game, and alleviating pressure at regular intervals by taking every ball into the box CHRON STAR MAN ...7
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »

I've seen him play in most of the games (15 of 21 I've watched us this season) and my point remains....he doesn't communicate with the defence and as such, silly goals are conceded time and time again.

This is particularly evident at set pieces and I believe that is where the biggest defensive issue remains.

In terms of who is the better keeper...if both Duke and Archer had to remain totally silent then Archer for me would win hands down. I do think he's rather decent, however because he is so quiet and has very little 'aura' about him (the least I have ever seen from a Cobblers keeper by far in that respect) in addition to the point that 'he's not even ours' then I would pick Duke every time. I can confidently say that we would not have conceded anywhere near 27 goals in the 13 games that Archer has been picked for if Duke (and anybody but Alfei at right back) had been selected instead.

Indeed..for the two games Archer missed and Duke was selected instead...we conceded two goals. Both against league 1 opposition.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2014, 12:33:34 pm »

Archer makes me nervous quite frequently Duke not as much on that basis I'd like Duke back in goal for a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: