The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:04:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2015.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2015.  (Read 2350 times)
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« on: November 27, 2014, 10:52:19 am »

Technically speaking, in January all of the following have contracts ending at Sixfields.  Am I missing anybody from the list? Are any of the loan players publicly confirmed as being 'with a view to a permanent transfer'?

Midfield in particular will potentially be facing a total overhaul!

Archer (GK)
Newey (DEF)
Banks (MID)
Murdoch (MID)
Byrom (MID)
Nicholls (FWD)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:59:31 am »

I would expect some on your list will stay, Murdoch, Archer and Banks. Nicholls will go as will Newey. Not sure about Byrom.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:05:28 am »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Newey stay.

A lot of who stays will depend on who else from the squad can be moved on I suspect.
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 11:10:54 am »

Hornby may go out on loan? It feels a long time ago since we were talking out who was going to pay a million for him.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 17:37:39 pm »

This season is a story of chronic short termism.

As I've said before, if CW wasn't satisfied with Duke, Ravenhill and Carter then why didn't he sign permanent alternatives in the summer rather than bringing in short term loanees to replace them? Personally, I'm glad that Carter has supplanted Bryom in the starting 11 - his experience and passing ability were missed and if you put him alongside decent DM then he's more than good enough to hold his own at this level.

I'm particularly sorry to see Nicholls go, particularly as he seems to have featured a lot more than Sinclair in recent weeks. However, we have to remember that Sinclair was brought in as an emergency relegation-avoidance measure - I'm sure that if Wilder had had more time he might have been a bit circumspect there.

Clearly, we're in a time of transition, but Wilder really needs to decide on a proper, settled squad of 22 and stop messing about in the loan market.
Long term I think this is what we need:

New permanent keeper

Collins Langmead Diamond Horwood/Newey

Hackett  Carter/Hornby   Murdoch   Mohammed

D'ath/Banks
                                                       Richards

Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 18:16:53 pm »

I expect us to sign Archer permanently at the end of the season. Hes obviously never going to play for Tottenham and I believe he has only ever been loaned out to league 2 teams so unlikely to get a club higher up. Hes no Lee Nicholls, but he has improved as the season has gone on I think.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 19:55:29 pm »

I think it could be a busy window.

Wilder is currently managing from the Claudo Ranieri school of tinkering.

Pending injuries, I anticipate departures could be:
Duke, Langmead, Nicholls, Ravenhill and Toney.

Incomings could be:
Archer, and we could see Newey, Murdoch or Byrom here permanently.

Plus a striker could be in the mix if we lose both Nicholls and Toney.

The squad is currently huge, so a net reduction is something I would support .
Report Spam   Logged
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 20:00:31 pm »

The squad is currently huge, so a net reduction is something I would support .

Blimey!
Report Spam   Logged

lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 20:12:51 pm »

From this topic I gather you would have all been happy with Wilder playing 16 yr olds in the first team rather than covering injuries with loan players?
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
j20cobbler

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 21:32:58 pm »

From this topic I gather you would have all been happy with Wilder playing 16 yr olds in the first team rather than covering injuries with loan players?
Recent results would suggest we may have been better considering that option. He's chopped and changed far too much, even with injuries.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 21:55:07 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 22:04:35 pm »

Wilder is currently managing from the Claudo Ranieri school of tinkering

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 20:17:34 pm »

According to Wilder - come the Plymouth game we will have the likes of Diamond, Cresswell, Horwood, d'Ath, Hornby available.

Clearly we will have a number of unhappy centre-backs not in the side.  Given Cresswell and Diamond are on three year deals - I can see Langmead being the one who loses out.

I have got a feeling that Wilder may end up using Collins as a right back or holding midfielder.  Let's face it he is a better option than Ravenhill.
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 20:21:01 pm »

This season is a story of chronic short termism.

Didn't we sign four players on three-year deals and get a fifth (Ivan) on another three-year one?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
guest1269

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 14:27:48 pm »

I have got a feeling that Wilder may end up using Collins as a right back or holding midfielder.  Let's face it he is a better option than Ravenhill.

Agreed - I really liked Ricky when he first came - some bite and intelligence in that position but one year on he seems to have lost a yard and also the ability to pass - still the tendancy to get booked (or worse) but I'm afraid without the other two we need to look at better options.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 15:58:12 pm »

Didn't we sign four players on three-year deals and get a fifth (Ivan) on another three-year one?

Yes, we did, and at the time it certainly looked like some welcome forward planning.

Unfortunately, of those four players, one is long-term crocked despite the sterling efforts of our renowned sports scientist (Diamond), one is constantly dropped for inferior loanees (Hackett), and one has been told to f*** off after twenty games in which he has arguably been played out of position (O'Toole). Of the four, only (the admittedly excellent) Rico has been a guaranteed starter.

Wilder appears to have lost the courage of his convictions. He did his business early and appeared to have a well-balanced, settled side in pre-season. Early results vindicated this settled, balanced approach and we went into that game with Wycombe knowing that a win could put us into the promotion places.

Then we suffer a few injuries and Wilder suddenly decides that Duke, Ravenhill, Carter, O'Toole, Hackett, Mohammed etc are no longer good enough and we suddenly need a huge influx of emergency loanees to cover the supposedly yawning chasms in our midfield. The effect of a revolving door influx like this is felt not purely in football terms: it also has serious implications for the psychological stability and confidence in the dressing room.

That's what I mean by chronic short termism and I'm f***ing sick of it.   

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 16:05:29 pm »

dont worry we will be fine when get the much needed development as what happens on a saturday wont matter   we will make millions flogging prawn sandwiches apparently
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 21:14:58 pm »

Diamond is apparently likely to be fit for the next game.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 22:12:33 pm »

Agreed - I really liked Ricky when he first came - some bite and intelligence in that position but one year on he seems to have lost a yard and also the ability to pass - still the tendancy to get booked (or worse) but I'm afraid without the other two we need to look at better options.

I think his inability to pass was pointed out from the start. His tendency to get booked was always a given, it not hard to be an overly aggressive player, jut ask Demontagnac.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 22:18:43 pm »

Diamond is apparently likely to be fit for the next game.

Answer that one Bungle Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: