The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 12:25:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Who would you rather?

Poll
Question: Which striker would you prefer in your match day squad?
Alex Nicholls - 29 (70.7%)
Emile Sinclair - 12 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you rather?  (Read 2079 times)
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: November 27, 2014, 17:53:31 pm »

Just a quick collaboration of thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 17:59:38 pm »

Neither.
Someone else.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 18:04:26 pm »

Not really sure of the point of this vote?
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
John

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 18:15:52 pm »

I'm with a previous poster, somebody better than both.
Report Spam   Logged

southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 18:20:50 pm »

If I HAD to choose, I'd say Nicholls. On his day Sinclair is the better player, but he has many more "headless chicken" days than good ones.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 18:22:27 pm »

If I HAD to choose, I'd say Nicholls. On his day Sinclair is the better player, but he has many more "headless chicken" days than good ones.

Sinclair on his day vs Nicholls on his day?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 18:29:03 pm »

Sinclair

He still has something to prove here. Nicholls got his goal after the horrible injury and long period out. He owes us nothing now. I hope he does well again at Exeter and gets himself a good deal in January.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 18:30:50 pm »

Nicholls - the player before his injury, he's not quite reached that point yet, maybe he still will with games under his belt.

or Sinclair the player that ripped us apart when he played for Macclesfield.  
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 18:40:59 pm »

Sinclair on his day vs Nicholls on his day?
Well let me answer that this way. On an off day, you may not notice AN is playing. When ES has an off day, you notice.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 19:45:12 pm »

On his day Sinclair is the better player

And which day IS Sinclair's day?

April 1st?

I have seen absolutely nothing from Emile Sinclair in a Cobblers shirt in 10 months that suggests he is even half the player we know Alex Nicholls can be. He's akin to Constantine in my book.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 19:47:06 pm by Razor » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 20:11:25 pm »

Alex Nicholls all day.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Just another moaner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 20:24:39 pm »

And which day IS Sinclair's day?

April 1st?

I have seen absolutely nothing from Emile Sinclair in a Cobblers shirt in 10 months that suggests he is even half the player we know Alex Nicholls can be. He's akin to Constantine in my book.
I'm not sticking up for Sinclair but he did have ONE good game against Torquay last season plus his last minute equaliser against shewsbury this season
Apart from that he is utter garbage
Think I put more effort going to a game than Sinclair does on the pitch
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 20:50:17 pm »

Slate his lack of goals or him failing to fulfil his potential but try watching him before slating his workrate
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 21:46:35 pm »

I would keep (or have) kept both.

Sinclair as recently as last week was my man of the match at Rochdale, running the Dale defence ragged and also tracking back throughout.

Thought Nicholls  had a really good game on Sat and we as a team played a lot better when he was on the field. Hope he does really well at Exeter

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 21:53:15 pm »

I'm not sticking up for Sinclair but he did have ONE good game against Torquay last season plus his last minute equaliser against shewsbury this season
Apart from that he is utter garbage

Did well at Rochdale according to those who went
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Air-Dan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 21:54:55 pm »

Completely disagree.

Sinclair reminds me of Gilligan. Very average league two player but has a terrific work-rate; I would much rather have him in my team than a player that looks disinterested (O'Toole).

Based on this season's performances alone I would (marginally) say that I'd rather have Sinclair playing for us - although that would no doubt change should Nicholls return to full fitness.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 07:09:00 am »

I suspect that this is a business decision rather than a football one.

Nicholls is approaching the end of his contract and, sentiment aside, It could be seen as a risk to consider offering him a new one.

On the other hand, Sinclair has another year to go and was brought in as an emergency relegation-avoidance measure - no one can blame Wilder for that and all his limitations aside, his performances against Torquay and Southend went a long way to keeping us up. Nobody is going to pay to take him off our hands, so we might as well keep him and work with him.

If I was to make a decision purely on potential effectiveness I'd probably go with Nicholls (and so would Wilder judging by recent team selections). However, an element of ruthlessness and pragmatism has to come into play when you have such a bloated squad.
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 07:43:10 am »

Mmm one player who has signed contract with another club on loan until his deal with NTFC runs out
or a player who has 18 months of his deal left and is still at the club.

I think I'll take our player regardless of anything else, however please don't let me stand in the way of wanting another boo boy.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 08:16:36 am »

I would have thought Sinclair would be prepared to be the stand-by striker and do a perfectly good job in that role at this level.
Nicholls would surely have more ambition and that seem likely to be limited here.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 10:01:35 am »

I would have thought Sinclair would be prepared to be the stand-by striker and do a perfectly good job in that role at this level.

Shocked What meds are some of you lot on?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: