The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 04:54:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Plymouth.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plymouth.  (Read 10884 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2014, 20:50:37 pm »

I honestly don't buy the fact that he's anywhere near to losing the dressing room. I see the players a lot during the month. And chat to them somtimes. There is no sign that they are in anyway discontent with the club or the manager. Under previous managers you can see the tension.

No sign? - well I may not chat with the players but i saw 90 mins of general indifference - and interestingly also a similar attitude from most of the dropped and injured in the stands - maybe that's the problem that they can't actually be arsed to be discontented & just turn up and draw their wages.

After a performance like that I want the players to be discontented - it's called fire in the belly & a desire to do better - and it's probably the single biggest factor that gets sides promoted in this division
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2014, 21:01:02 pm »

No sign? - well I may not chat with the players but i saw 90 mins of general indifference - and interestingly also a similar attitude from most of the dropped and injured in the stands - maybe that's the problem that they can't actually be arsed to be discontented & just turn up and draw their wages.

After a performance like that I want the players to be discontented - it's called fire in the belly & a desire to do better - and it's probably the single biggest factor that gets sides promoted in this division

You seem confused. I'm addressing their thoughts about the club and the manager. Your addressing their thoughts about their own performance. I'd agree. They should be discontent with that.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2014, 21:02:47 pm »

Well don't piss around . Name those players in the stands  that showed they didn't care and let's assure they never play for us again
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2014, 21:04:39 pm »

Bloody spellcheck. ..... Ensure
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2014, 21:05:10 pm »

Don't confuse Cobblers supporters with a Cobblers player.

A Cobblers supporter would walk through a wall for his team.

A Cobblers player will visit the hole in the wall for his team.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2014, 21:13:23 pm »

You must be blind. We went with Richads up front. Banks off him 2 attacking wide men. Far too adventurous and as a result we was over run. It wasn't we was too negative we was too adventurous . Crazy.

I think the problem was that Banks was pretty poor (he missed out on a couple of tackles); together with a poor midfield contributed to us being over run. If the team had performed reasonably well it could easily have been a different result. The two wide men also had poor games leaving Tozer et al exposed.
As has been said on here constant change of personnel, playing of loan players not on their game has all contributed to our current demise. CW I feel is capable of pulling this around. All this defeatist talk in changing the manager does not help either.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2014, 22:06:05 pm »

To be honest as a team we were not up for it from the very first minute. I just wonder what we have been doing in the last two weeks.

To be kind maybe we over trained, but to me it yet another witless, clueless performance from far too many players not up for the fight.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2014, 05:44:50 am »

Well don't **** around . Name those players in the stands  that showed they didn't care and let's assure they never play for us again

I'll second cobblerwatch on this - I was sitting just in front of them in the T160s and the players were like a group of people trying (very successfully) to mime "the lights are on but nobody's in" while looking at their phones. They hardly spoke to each other, let alone the fans around them and what disappointed me most of all was that they left as a group after Murdoch's goal but before the end of injury time - not even a bored neutral would have done that. If you want to know the names, look at who didn't start and wasn't on the bench and you pretty much have your answer. Neither of the players subbed off at half-time joined the group.

I know the players are employees and not fans, but even I know that I have to show some enthusiasm for my employer in public on occasion.

The one exception was Newey (I think, but why isn't he back at Oxford if injured?) who was up and out of his seat at the Murdoch goal, but sat down again very quickly when he realised he was on his own.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2014, 06:15:07 am »

The players left in the stand didn't show enough passion? They must have melded in perfectly with the home support then.

I personally think you are looking for easy targets. David Cardoza is that disinterested he hasn't bothered talking to the support for months now. Isn't he a more valid target for your frustrations? Why don't you go and have a word with him in person on a match day?
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2014, 06:25:31 am »

It's merely an observation on the players' behaviour: it's not an indication of my frustration, And yes, they did blend in very well with the home support, except that those around me, other than the players, were cheering the team on at the end and, unlike the players, did stay until the end (well, except those that left at half-time!).

I have spoken with Mr Cardoza in the past and you are right that he is not communicating at all at the moment. You may have missed it, but I have been in regular contact with the club over the redevelopment, and with NBC about the borrowing/ lending, and have shared what little I have been able to discover on here and through PMs to those who expressed an interest. And yes, I have failed to find a way through the "legal reasons" wall of silence, just like others.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2014, 08:13:17 am »

I have noticed, Banana. And genuinely appreciate anyone putting pressure on the man. As I'm not being given the pm updates then I ,as with everyone else,  see less than no progress being made.
As a matter of interest why pm's not open messages? As with Drillers little campaign it seems all the written action has died a quick death.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2014, 08:39:32 am »

PMs because anything of any substance gets lost in the juvenile bickering on the redevelopment thread - I'll leave that space to the 2 or 3 individuals who seem to have hijacked that for their own purposes.

It's not so much that the action has died a quick death - it's more that the club is absolutely resolute that no statement will be made due to the legal advice they have received and that the club "won’t do anything that offers the slightest risk to a successful outcome" to the ongoing contractual dispute. NBC have described their "frustration" at the stalled development but are satisfied that the loan repayments are being made.

I genuinely believe that the Chron piece last week indicated no new news at all - just embarrassment that they were failing to shed any light on a significant local issue.

There have been lots of rumours about what is happening but I suspect that in this case there really are only one or two people who know the facts, and given that they seem to have an interest in both the club and the development company, I can see that the contractual dispute might be hard to discuss.

If I was frustrated at the lack of interest shown by the players in the West Stand on Saturday, it was because the players on the pitch didn't seem too interested either, and I was sitting facing a half-built shell in a silent arena with lots of empty seats around me - things are clearly at a very low ebb for the club all round and it would be nice if somebody somewhere showed they cared as much as some fans do.

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:15 am »

I should add that some of the supporters in the south end of the west are a truly special kind of pond life.

Chanting 'cheat' at the Plymouth player who was clearly injured at the end was pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:26 am »

PMs because anything of any substance gets lost in the juvenile bickering on the redevelopment thread - I'll leave that space to the 2 or 3 individuals who seem to have hijacked that for their own purposes.

It's not so much that the action has died a quick death - it's more that the club is absolutely resolute that no statement will be made due to the legal advice they have received and that the club "won’t do anything that offers the slightest risk to a successful outcome" to the ongoing contractual dispute. NBC have described their "frustration" at the stalled development but are satisfied that the loan repayments are being made.

I genuinely believe that the Chron piece last week indicated no new news at all - just embarrassment that they were failing to shed any light on a significant local issue.

There have been lots of rumours about what is happening but I suspect that in this case there really are only one or two people who know the facts, and given that they seem to have an interest in both the club and the development company, I can see that the contractual dispute might be hard to discuss.

If I was frustrated at the lack of interest shown by the players in the West Stand on Saturday, it was because the players on the pitch didn't seem too interested either, and I was sitting facing a half-built shell in a silent arena with lots of empty seats around me - things are clearly at a very low ebb for the club all round and it would be nice if somebody somewhere showed they cared as much as some fans do.

Over a decade with Cardoza running things his way.

Thanks for the reply and good luck with the campaign to get some answers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2014, 09:32:21 am »

You seem confused. I'm addressing their thoughts about the club and the manager. Your addressing their thoughts about their own performance. I'd agree. They should be discontent with that.

I'm frequently confused!

I take your point but I think the two aspects connect - we all have had crap teachers when we were at school - you know, the ones that could impose no discipline & didn't even know their own subjects very well - initial reaction (other than the class swot) is, this is great we can do what we want & we are not discontented at all - but come the passage of time with no prospect of passing exams (or relegation now closing in) that mood starts to change.
The best teachers (or managers) never let it happen in the first place, the next best spot it early and change - the worst ignore it.
Now clearly CW is not in the first catagory & I sincerely hope he is in the second but I have my doubts. 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2014, 10:56:44 am »

I should add that some of the supporters in the south end of the west are a truly special kind of pond life.

Chanting 'cheat' at the Plymouth player who was clearly injured at the end was pathetic.

I agree with you but they are our "Pond Life". Having been near some of our more disreputable supporters at away games I was damn glad that they were  "our" supporters.  As long as you don't mess with them you are as safe as houses.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2014, 11:22:10 am »

Unfortunately there were quite a few boo's coming from the central to north end of the West Stand as well so this behaviour wasn't exclusive to the 'pond life' in the south end.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
John

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2014, 14:48:46 pm »

The bloke rolled about like he'd been shot. They then called for the St Johns ambulance and the stretcher, only for the guy to miraculously recover and walk off the pitch. Meanwhile the momentum we'd been gaining and the pressure that had been increasing upon Plymouth had dissipated. Now maybe this guy was the exception to the rule but it's normally play acting at best, cheating at worse.
Report Spam   Logged

MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2014, 15:34:58 pm »

In fairness he had just dislocated his elbow which I'm imagining is quite painful  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2014, 15:43:01 pm »

Well as my nan used to say, "You'll hurt yourself if you're not careful"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: