The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:07:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

A meeting with the Chairman

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A meeting with the Chairman  (Read 8629 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2014, 15:26:05 pm »

Pretty sure loan players have helped get us into the messes in the first place  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2014, 15:59:50 pm »

My point is that it works both ways though?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
Heyford

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2014, 16:31:45 pm »

Don't forget Diamond and Ravenhill were crucial loan players last season aswell.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2014, 17:02:49 pm »

A few assumptions there. How do we know what DC is like to work for? We've all worked for people, who on first impression seemed reasonable and easy to work with, only to find out later they're anything but.

Apparently we have an above average budget for division two, the poorest division in the professional league, so nothing exceptional. When DC talked of "going on a journey" did he always plan to do it on an average budget?

Maybe he is a dream boss and has just been incredibly unlucky, but the evidence suggests good managers arrive then seem to lose their way.

One things for sure and the development proves this, his intentions for the club are not always as he makes out.

Accuse me of making assumptions, which I acknowledge, then finish with a big  one yourself until proven, either way...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2014, 17:13:43 pm »

DC gives them a train but no chair.

DC is responsible for all of it.  He thinks more players will get us success without the other stuff. He has been proven badly wrong.

DC gives our managers plenty of resources but then stands back from it too much in my opinion. We need someone, whether it's DC or a Director of Football, to scrutinise every penny of our budget we spend. Perhaps if we had a tighter budget and tried to spend it more wisely we'd think twice about signing players such as O'Toole and Sinclair who both came with warnings from their previous clubs. With the exception of Boothroyd's play off season (which we didn't deserve), our most successful season was Sammo's in 09/10 which was also conveniently when we had the lowest budget.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2014, 17:36:08 pm »

The fact there are so many of them points the finger back to DC as the one common denominator. Even the current one can be said to be under performing too

Pretty sure loan players have helped get us into the messes in the first place

So again something somewhere is wrong at the club - I will give u a clue .........  Look how the development is being handled. Look at the catering, ticketing, programmes sold out, the state of the ground, the ball boys, club shop, sound system, players old gym, his office, the ticket cabins etc etc.

tough job Bill, tough job because if they don't see it know, not sure if they ever will, unless it is proven that DC has run off with the money (which I am not sure he has) and even then some will say.. lets wait and see, he might come back

Bill, it really makes me wonder what has to happen for fans to actually see what has happened to our club

What I cant quite make out is where and how you became disillusioned with the Club you supposedly adore - like sweeping rainwater from pathways so that we can all get to the game. But you really do go harping on & on about this and that - that it makes one wonder if you have a score to settle with the Club. Its a bit repetitive.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2014, 17:38:40 pm »

DC gives our managers plenty of resources but then stands back from it too much in my opinion. We need someone, whether it's DC or a Director of Football, to scrutinise every penny of our budget we spend. Perhaps if we had a tighter budget and tried to spend it more wisely we'd think twice about signing players such as O'Toole and Sinclair who both came with warnings from their previous clubs. With the exception of Boothroyd's play off season (which we didn't deserve), our most successful season was Sammo's in 09/10 which was also conveniently when we had the lowest budget.

We only has 8 players on loan throughout that season. We've already had nine this season!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2014, 17:54:40 pm »

We only has 8 players on loan throughout that season. We've already had nine this season!!!!

Plenty of injuries though - including loanee Watson who went back injured.
Report Spam   Logged

cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2014, 18:14:09 pm »

Plenty of injuries though - including loanee Watson who went back injured.

Watson who happened to be the only decent centre midfielder we've had this season....
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2014, 18:54:39 pm »

Watson who happened to be the only decent centre midfielder we've had this season....

Yes he was good - not bad for a loanee Wink
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2014, 20:44:15 pm »

evers, not really the club as such but DC when another season which starting worse than the one before (i am talking off the pitch). Certain new procedures where put in place to further undermine the good people that worked there on matchdays, whilst others not so deserving seem to gain more power.  Again nothing / little was being done in the right area, no structure, no information, no thanks etc etc just empty words. An example, 8 security people in reception, drinking tea, shaking hands with the players and 'celebrities', in the warm watching TV, get paid quite well to do nothing, whilst volunteers outside could not even get a coat from the club (and these are loyal people there year after year) whilst they and others had no security support at all despite having cash.
Other supporters had tried to help but as many know it is very difficult when DC seem unwilling to involve genuine fans. I have been asked many times to get involved with the Trust but as you can tell I am not very good at in-house politics so would be more trouble than I am worth.
I can no longer go on and ignore what is happening to MY club, I have to wait until DC has gone.

Sorry if I bore you but just do what I do with the majority of your posts, just skip straight over them as you seem so clueless as to what makes a successful one and seem happy with life at Sixfields no matter how bad it gets

Again take a look a Burton, see what they achieve on half the number of fans. Sausage & chips and heinz ketchup v our crappy £5 burger and ten year catering contract. DC does not give a crap about NTFC or its fans.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2014, 20:59:15 pm »

evers, not really the club as such but DC when another season which starting worse than the one before (i am talking off the pitch). Certain new procedures where put in place to further undermine the good people that worked there on matchdays, whilst others not so deserving seem to gain more power.  Again nothing / little was being done in the right area, no structure, no information, no thanks etc etc just empty words. An example, 8 security people in reception, drinking tea, shaking hands with the players and 'celebrities', in the warm watching TV, get paid quite well to do nothing, whilst volunteers outside could not even get a coat from the club (and these are loyal people there year after year) whilst they and others had no security support at all despite having cash.
Other supporters had tried to help but as many know it is very difficult when DC seem unwilling to involve genuine fans. I have been asked many times to get involved with the Trust but as you can tell I am not very good at in-house politics so would be more trouble than I am worth.
I can no longer go on and ignore what is happening to MY club, I have to wait until DC has gone.

Sorry if I bore you but just do what I do with the majority of your posts, just skip straight over them as you seem so clueless as to what makes a successful one and seem happy with life at Sixfields no matter how bad it gets

Again take a look a Burton, see what they achieve on half the number of fans. Sausage & chips and heinz ketchup v our crappy £5 burger and ten year catering contract. DC does not give a crap about NTFC or its fans.

Random - I know some people see me as a defender of DC (I'm not) or even him himself (definitely not) but what you have written here is from the heart - it isn't the wishful thinking of the development moaneris, ratherfrom a representative of someone who wants a real football club - irrespective to some extent of success on the field. I wholeheartedly agree with what you say -there are aspects of the club and the way it is run that are a true shambles and you are right, people on and off the payroll are taken advantage of in a massive way.

What you have written here resonates far more than a thousand "we were promised 10,000 seats" moans because you are talking about the heart and soul of a club.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2014, 21:19:21 pm »

I appreciate your concern but there are some points in your article which make me feel at odds with and I quote CW "heartfelt" comments. I get the impression that there is some sour grapes along the way. We all support the Cobbs in our own way but put it this way " if your courting a woman, but criticize her parents and then mock her for not being the person you want" - you will soon get frustrated and angry for no purpose and achieve nothing. Anyway no offence and carry on "as you were".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 21:38:58 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2014, 21:32:16 pm »

I appreciate your concern but there are some points in your article which make me feel at odds with and I quote Drilling "heartfelt" comments. I get the impression that there is some sour grapes along the way. We all support the Cobbs in our own way but put it this way " if your courting a woman, but criticize her parents and then mock her for not being the person you want" - you will soon get frustrated and angry for no purpose and achieve nothing. Anyway no offence and carry on "as you were".
Comedy Gold.
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2014, 21:37:10 pm »

I appreciate your concern but there are some points in your article which make me feel at odds with and I quote Drilling "heartfelt" comments. I get the impression that there is some sour grapes along the way. We all support the Cobbs in our own way but put it this way " if your courting a woman, but criticize her parents and then mock her for not being the person you want" - you will soon get frustrated and angry for no purpose and achieve nothing. Anyway no offence and carry on "as you were".

Evers, I don't think he is bona fide either mate.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2014, 21:41:15 pm »

Evers, I don't think he is bona fide either mate.

He is Billy - he sweeps the rainwater from the pavements. You pi$$ on the Club etc.
Report Spam   Logged

CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2014, 21:48:59 pm »

He is Billy - he sweeps the rainwater from the pavements. You pi$$ on the Club etc.

Oh ok sorry, can you let me know when I am bona fide please?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2014, 21:55:56 pm »

Oh ok sorry, can you let me know when I am bona fide please?

No probs - go to all the away games , plus full apology on here to your distractors , including the Club, its facilities, The Chairman. Also an apology to Marvo for the PI made by you. That should do it Roll Eyes

ps don't let Bona Fide get to you! You'll be having sleepless nights.

Report Spam   Logged

CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2014, 22:00:40 pm »

No probs - go to all the away games , plus full apology on here to your distractors , including the Club, its facilities, The Chairman. Also an apology to Marvo for the PI made by you. That should do it Roll Eyes

ps don't let Bona Fide get to you! You'll be having sleepless nights.

Yep, no problem. I didn't relise you was top girl.

#pr!ck
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2014, 22:03:38 pm »

Yep, no problem. I didn't relise you was top girl.

#pr!ck

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: