The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 06:39:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trust NTFC Board Member

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust NTFC Board Member  (Read 6690 times)
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 20:48:14 pm »

Where were you ?

I decided against it as I didn't see the point as i think I probably know as much as you do about the situation. You should know the questions to ask DC regarding the redevelopment by now, so start asking him.

You need to stop taking things so personally, your comments do the trust no favours.
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
guest48

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 20:50:36 pm »

Does Andy Clarke post on here?
The answer is I don't know
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 20:52:37 pm »

Come along to the next meeting and ask the man

Why is it necessary to come along to a meeting to simply ask for transparency. I'm not even trying to ruffle feathers. Just want the head of the Trust to report back to its members what's going on mate. I honestly can't see the issue in the head of the trust telling it's members his position on things.

Perhaps I've got it all wrong  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 20:58:11 pm »

I have removed all of the childish insults and silly swipes off of this thread. Let's try to keep one thread free of old rubbish.
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 21:02:51 pm »

Why is it necessary to come along to a meeting to simply ask for transparency. I'm not even trying to ruffle feathers. Just want the head of the Trust to report back to its members what's going on mate. I honestly can't see the issue in the head of the trust telling it's members his position on things.

Perhaps I've got it all wrong  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

You shouldn't need to ask, it's part of the trust mission statement

Our Mission Statement
NTFC Supporters Limited key strategies are;
•   To be open, democratic and inclusive in supporting the needs and ideas of supporters
•   To promote and strengthen the bonds between NTFC, supporters and the wider community.
•   To support the future of league football in Northampton.
Aims
1 To serve and represent supporter needs and interests.
2 To be democratic, open, inclusive and accountable to the membership.
3 To support and promote NTFC.
4 To be a guardian of professional football in Northampton
5 To contribute to and learn from the wider supporters’ movement.
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 21:09:36 pm »

Exactly. Actions speak louder than words.
If just one of the people who slagged the Trust off on here put their words into action they may be slightly happier with how it operated.

We offered these people the chance to have a grown up conversation in person and none of them took us up on that offer.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 21:13:32 pm »

I decided against it as I didn't see the point as i think I probably know as much as you do about the situation. You should know the questions to ask DC regarding the redevelopment by now, so start asking him.

You need to stop taking things so personally, your comments do the trust no favours.
You probably do know as much about the situation as I do but I'm not the supporters rep so I don't meet DC or ask him questions. I'm not taking anything personal, I only asked where you were after you stated "I've got loads of things to ask" .We gave you the opportunity to ask those questions but you chose not to take it, life goes on.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2014, 21:14:02 pm »

When I ran the coaches back in god knows when, we gave the club £1,000 towards the purchase of Warren Donald (I think from West Ham). That was a fair bit of money back then. Since that time and before the supporters have put a fortune into the coffers of the club and I'm not talking through buying match day tickets. We should have got something back, not just a token position on the board but a proper voting position, one where the elected representative could have a real say and let the supporters feelings be known. He could also then let us know what is really going on. Other than Cardoza, has anybody put more money into the club than the supporters as a collective?
Report Spam   Logged

New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2014, 21:14:53 pm »

If just one of the people who slagged the Trust off on here put their words into action they may be slightly happier with how it operated.

We offered these people the chance to have a grown up conversation in person and none of them took us up on that offer.
See you at the next meeting.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2014, 21:21:45 pm »

The Trust does some good work for the Club and also for the Supporters too ; we should remember that they are all volunteers so any comments made should bear this in mind. They are in it for the good of the Club and Supporters.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 21:26:09 pm »

Are the trust really appreciated by the club?

I can`t say ive heard any gratitude rolling downhill.
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 21:40:33 pm »

See you at the next meeting.  Wink
I genuinely hope we do Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 21:40:59 pm »

You cannot get angry at the apathy, it seems clear the one of the issues is the feeling of futility ,that no one is listening,  not the trusts fault per se but its a problem . I personally would feel more inclined to engage with the trust if it was dealing with that issue by even giving it some lip service  , but it isn't .

I know the kind of replies ill get and fair enough. Meanwhile , inertia creeps.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 21:49:14 pm »

You probably do know as much about the situation as I do but I'm not the supporters rep so I don't meet DC or ask him questions. I'm not taking anything personal, I only asked where you were after you stated "I've got loads of things to ask" .We gave you the opportunity to ask those questions but you chose not to take it, life goes on.

Roger... I have a huge amount of respect for you and all of those on the Trust board. But do I see what you and they do as representing me and other supporters??? Well.. Not really. I see the money that raised as another gift to DC. Another drop into the chasm with very little use to the supporters.

If you come on here and want to fight the corner of the Trust I agree you should be able to without fear of insult. Hence the reason I am adamant that I will delete posts that are vitriolic. But you must be able to see that neither I nor anybody else should have to turn up at a time ordained by you, at a venue set by you and a time suggested by you,  just to get an insight into what the Trust does for us. It's in your charter. Surely I shouldn't have to pay for that transparency and come and ask for it as well??

I'm not being obtuse or rude. I simply want the Trust to play by its own rules.

Either address it on here, or own the Trusts own website.

I just want to know the Trusts thoughts and the conversations Andy has had around:

The redevelopment
The lack of scoreboard
Ticket prices
Food prices

Now I'm assuming the supporters rep has fed back to the trust board on these issues at some point at the very least. Naturally that should then filter through to its membership. Can it be put on the Trust website or here in keeping with the Trusts charter please....
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 21:59:04 pm »

Roger... I have a huge amount of respect for you and all of those on the Trust board. But do I see what you and they do as representing me and other supporters??? Well.. Not really. I see the money that raised as another gift to DC. Another drop into the chasm with very little use to the supporters.

If you come on here and want to fight the corner of the Trust I agree you should be able to without fear of insult. Hence the reason I am adamant that I will delete posts that are vitriolic. But you must be able to see that neither I nor anybody else should have to turn up at a time ordained by you, at a venue set by you and a time suggested by you,  just to get an insight into what the Trust does for us. It's in your charter. Surely I shouldn't have to pay for that transparency and come and ask for it as well??

I'm not being obtuse or rude. I simply want the Trust to play by its own rules.

Either address it on here, or own the Trusts own website.

I just want to know the Trusts thoughts and the conversations Andy has had around:

The redevelopment
The lack of scoreboard
Ticket prices
Food prices

Now I'm assuming the supporters rep has fed back to the trust board on these issues at some point at the very least. Naturally that should then filter through to its membership. Can it be put on the Trust website or here in keeping with the Trusts charter please....
Tel, we're aware the website needs working on.

The plan is to get the agenda and minute files on there which should help on those issues.

It's something we're working on which should hopefully help on that front.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 22:00:20 pm »

The plan is to get the agenda and minute files on there which should help on those issues.

Thanks a lot Fez..
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 22:06:09 pm »

Great work Fez, whilst at it do you want to have a look at this statement "To contribute to and learn from the wider supporters’ movement". Have a word with your mate?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2014, 22:07:40 pm »

Great work Fez, whilst at it do you want to have a look at this statement "To contribute to and learn from the wider supporters’ movement". Have a word with your mate?

Or Dad.  Grin Tongue Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2014, 11:44:33 am »

You cannot get angry at the apathy, it seems clear the one of the issues is the feeling of futility ,that no one is listening,  not the trusts fault per se but its a problem . I personally would feel more inclined to engage with the trust if it was dealing with that issue by even giving it some lip service  , but it isn't .

I know the kind of replies ill get and fair enough. Meanwhile , inertia creeps.

You maybe showing the wrong attitude Bill; believe it or not the Trust needs supporters like you. IMO they would also welcome those with futuristic views such as Iest  etc . They would have more opportunity to get their views heard and discussed/actioned than engaging in pointless arguments on here. It is a pity that the Forum Administrators are not currently involved at the moment. Active participation by any one of them would probably ensure greater interest in the Trust activities.

If you cant beat them join 'em.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:47:58 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

And put into question the impartiality of this board?
We receive enough of that already...   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: