The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:40:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trust NTFC Board Member

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust NTFC Board Member  (Read 6594 times)
MCHammer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2014, 13:01:15 pm »

To me the Trust now are simply a "charity" style supporters fund raising organisation.  Not a complete criticism and maybe that's what their role now should be.

Anyone who gives their time voluntarily for a cause knows it's mostly a thankless task and has to have a skin thick enough to accept that.  Much like the Chron they are in a tough spot in that they have to tread a fine line with the club.

I've just accepted that the time has long since passed when they had any relevance in putting any level of pressure on the club or strongly representing the supporters viewpoint. 

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2014, 13:08:57 pm »

If the members of this board got together, I am sure correspondence to the club on behalf of this boards members would probably have more of an effect than the Trust, who by being on the NTFC board reduce their practical use in contentious issues?  Would anyone be prepared to do something like that?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2014, 14:18:35 pm »

If the members of this board got together, I am sure correspondence to the club on behalf of this boards members would probably have more of an effect than the Trust, who by being on the NTFC board reduce their practical use in contentious issues?  Would anyone be prepared to do something like that?

'fort this had been done by two members on here?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 14:25:03 pm »

And put into question the impartiality of this board?
We receive enough of that already...   Roll Eyes

Don't quite follow your argument there and in any case we all have one thing in common in that we all support the Cobblers. At least some sort of representation on the Trust would be beneficial but I can see where you are coming from. Faint hearted support is not always reliable and wont win over those who doubt the Trusts involvement with the Club.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 14:41:11 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2014, 19:09:55 pm »

To me the Trust now are simply a "charity" style supporters fund raising organisation.  Not a complete criticism and maybe that's what their role now should be.

Anyone who gives their time voluntarily for a cause knows it's mostly a thankless task and has to have a skin thick enough to accept that.  Much like the Chron they are in a tough spot in that they have to tread a fine line with the club.

I've just accepted that the time has long since passed when they had any relevance in putting any level of pressure on the club or strongly representing the supporters viewpoint. 

Good summary.
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2014, 19:28:07 pm »

Well, most of my posts since joining have revolved around my concern about the development, I've had a debate about facilities and a little bit about team selection and tactics. So for someone from the trust to come on and say he has read my posts and he thinks they are in his words b0llocks kind of suggests to me that it a bit of a clicky old boys club uninterested in anything that may unset the apple cart and more interested in self proclaimed importance.

It's just amusing, that is all.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 19:46:36 pm »

Fez, are the Trust really looking to improve the Website, really ? Just how long does it take ? I suggested to yourself in January 2014 that instead of just handing money over to the club, the Trust should use some funds to create a modern website. I would imagine a very large percentage of supporters use the  Internet to find news/information on the club.
 The Trusts website is utter rubbish, it offers nothing in way of the supporters or trust interacting with each other. Don't hand the next lot of fund raising over to Big Dave, use it all to fund and run a decent website and stop feeding us with the same crap that it is going to be done. Don't be like the Chairman , tell us when it will be done, don't keep us waiting with false promises.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2014, 20:03:30 pm »

Out of interest I just went onto the NTFC SL website as directed from the Offy site so hopefully I have visited the correct site?
Surprised that the latest AGM minutes are dated 2010?
That Ant Collett is still listed as the elected NTFC Director?
The 20 Nov AGM/Open forum is advertised as an event but without minutes or a round up of topics discussed at the Open Forum?

We know that the site needs updating but it wouldn't take long to at least publish up to date and archived versions of each of these even if the Forum notes were only reproduced from those posted on here by attendees?

If discussions at NTFC Board meetings are unable to be reported back to the supporters the Trust represents, does that not nullify the reason for the Trust as the supporters representative on the NTFC Board?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest48

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2014, 20:34:55 pm »

Well, most of my posts since joining have revolved around my concern about the development, I've had a debate about facilities and a little bit about team selection and tactics. So for someone from the trust to come on and say he has read my posts and he thinks they are in his words b0llocks kind of suggests to me that it a bit of a clicky old boys club uninterested in anything that may unset the apple cart and more interested in self proclaimed importance.

It's just amusing, that is all.

Bill you were talking about something that you knew nothing about, someone asked how many people turned up for a meeting that we were asked to arrange at a place and time that it was asked for it to be arranged. We did everything that we were asked to do , it was not our idea for the meeting , venue or time but we did as requested. My reply was 100% factual that there was a "lack of keyboard warriors" .You then take it on yourself to start laying into me telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing and how I could better spend my time, well sorry if I offended you but if you can't take it don't give it out.
   If the Trust is a "Cliquey old boys club uninterested in anything that may upset the applecart" then why would we arrange a meeting for fans to meet the supporters rep and put their questions to him? I think arranging that meeting proves your statement is 100% incorrect . I would also be extremely grateful if you could point out where myself or any other Trust board member has "proclaimed self importance"
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2014, 20:53:43 pm »

Bill you were talking about something that you knew nothing about, someone asked how many people turned up for a meeting that we were asked to arrange at a place and time that it was asked for it to be arranged. We did everything that we were asked to do , it was not our idea for the meeting , venue or time but we did as requested. My reply was 100% factual that there was a "lack of keyboard warriors" .You then take it on yourself to start laying into me telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing and how I could better spend my time, well sorry if I offended you but if you can't take it don't give it out.
   If the Trust is a "Cliquey old boys club uninterested in anything that may upset the applecart" then why would we arrange a meeting for fans to meet the supporters rep and put their questions to him? I think arranging that meeting proves your statement is 100% incorrect . I would also be extremely grateful if you could point out where myself or any other Trust board member has "proclaimed self importance"

What dont i know much about? websites? I simply made a suggestion , but that was not what your reposite was about you made it clear you found my opinions regarding my genuine concern about the club b0llocks. If you aren't up for suggestions pal then I'm not sure what you're there for.? Like I said , it has helped me and some colleagues get through a wintery Monday and it certainly didn't offend so please don't be sorry.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2014, 21:05:02 pm »

Good summary.

It might be a good summary but the Trust needs members who will join and express their views. You do realize that without these members it is difficult for the Trust to move forward to express the views which are well detailed on this forum. The word apathy has been mentioned a few times but it seems to me that those who are quite happy to criticize the Trust reside in a state of apathy themselves. This does not apply to Deepcut whose revelations regarding the Trust Web site are quite damning - clearly the Trust needs to act on his findings.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2014, 21:17:47 pm »

What dont i know much about? websites?You knew nothing about how many people did or did not turn up for the meeting and that's what the discussion was about
 I simply made a suggestion , but that was not what your reposite was about you made it clear you found my opinions regarding my genuine concern about the club b0llocks.
If you aren't up for suggestions pal then I'm not sure what you're there for.?I think your ONLY suggestions were for how I spend my time which ,with all due respect is nothing in the slightest to do with you
 Like I said , it has helped me and some colleagues get through a wintery Monday and it certainly didn't offend so please don't be sorry.Could you post this in English?

Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2014, 21:26:46 pm »

Sorry , if you are happy with the turn out and the amount of trustees you have then I must have misinterpreted your post. But I knew no people that post on here arrived or "keyboard warriors" as you refer to them attended because you said so.

If you want my opinion which you obviously don't then if you honestly want that trust to grow in number and opinion then I find the approach you take too conciltary and slightly offensive.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2014, 21:49:39 pm »

Sorry , if you are happy with the turn out and the amount of trustees you have then I must have misinterpreted your post. But I knew no people that post on here arrived or "keyboard warriors" as you refer to them attended because you said so.

If you want my opinion which you obviously don't then if you honestly want that trust to grow in number and opinion then I find the approach you take too conciltary and slightly offensive.

Bill , No offence but do try and use the grammar/spell check which is normally automatic. I use it a lot. By the way I don't think in any way that Barton's message was remotely (slightly) offensive.
Report Spam   Logged

CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2014, 21:52:27 pm »

Bill , No offence but do try and use the grammar/spell check which is normally automatic. I use it a lot. By the way I don't think in any way that Barton's message was remotely (slightly) offensive.

Well you would know. Am I bona fide yet btw?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2014, 22:08:01 pm »

I find the approach you take too conciltary and slightly offensive.
Can I suggest that you have a look in the dictionary to see what "Conciliatory" means. Clue , it means the opposite of "slightly offensive"
So have you changed your mind because when you posted at 21.53 tonight ,when I said I was sorry if I offended you, you said "it certainly didn't offend so don't be sorry". So did I offend you or not??
But I will be "conciliatory" why not meet up before the Bury game and have a discussion face to face.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2014, 22:37:25 pm »

Another thread descending into petty squabbling  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2014, 07:44:31 am »

Blimey, are the Trust a front for the NAT?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Gibbo

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2014, 08:36:24 am »

Another thread descending into petty squabbling  Roll Eyes

Ban Bill he's just a troll.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 09:28:12 am »

Ban Bill he's just a troll.

If they're banning trolls I'm afraid they'd have to get rid of about 30% of the board members Gibbo.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: