The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 14:31:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

WOT MIDFIELD!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOT MIDFIELD!  (Read 1189 times)
County Cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 14, 2014, 05:16:43 am »

For 3 years now I have endured the Cobblers totally unable to dominate a game from midfield. We seem to invite teams onto us with two banks of 4.
When we play two wide players who are totally unable to provide protection to the full backs it then leaves only 2 central midfielders to influence possession against the oppositions midfield.

Hackett is now past his sell by date! A one trick pony without his previous pace, who chips more crosses in rather than with pace thus only providing influence in 1 in 5 games!
Carter athletically can not cover the ground when playing with two wingers.

At Carlisle I suggest the midfield formation we finally settled on in the last 30 minutes.

Duke

Tozer.  Diamond. Cresswell. Horwood

D'ath. Murdoch. Hornby. Byrom

Richards. Toney

We have to start dominating midfield and winning games with two up front.

Personally I would release ALL the remaining loan players!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:31:04 am »

Yep - the midfield is the engine. The current crop can't win a ball or instil fear into the oppo.(rememberGuttridge at his best?) their distribution is awful too. The engine is not firing even on 2 of its 4 pistons.
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:39:22 am »

Yep - the midfield is the engine. The current crop can't win a ball or instil fear into the oppo.(rememberGuttridge at his best?) their distribution is awful too. The engine is not firing even on 2 of its 4 pistons.

I felt we was mearly an inconvenience to their Bobby Reid. I don't understand what he has done with Ravenhill you know what you get with him if you don't like it , don't sign him. Would surly have let that little squirt know he was in a game yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:54:16 am »

I wonder how Ryan Watson is doing. He is still listed as part of our squad and for the few games he played before getting injured was easily our best midfielder.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 10:54:36 am »

The type of player I think we lack, is the small tricky midfielder that can with a sudden burst of speed, pass two or three defenders, creating chances.
Every other League Two team seems to have one.
de Silva (?) was the last example of this I can remember us having.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 11:46:25 am »

The other issue is we do not have the ability to play 5-3-2 - which would be a formation which could get a bit more domination in the middle.

Horwood would be good at the left wing back role.   But at right wing back - who could we play.  Alfei has had the brief good moment attacking, but is not up to it defensively.   Tozer is too defensive - which means playing Hackett or d'Ath.   To quote his manager "Chris does not have a defensive bone in his body.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 11:55:40 am »

The other issue is we do not have the ability to play 5-3-2 - which would be a formation which could get a bit more domination in the middle.

Horwood would be good at the left wing back role.   But at right wing back - who could we play.  Alfei has had the brief good moment attacking, but is not up to it defensively.   Tozer is too defensive - which means playing Hackett or d'Ath.   To quote his manager "Chris does not have a defensive bone in his body.

He doesn't have an attacking bone in his body either. He's been shi* for a season and a half now, and never should have been given a contract in the Summer.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 11:58:19 am »

He doesn't have an attacking bone in his body either. He's been shi* for a season and a half now, and never should have been given a contract in the Summer.

His fall from one of the top wingers in League Two is spectacular. Maybe he needs to grow his hair and ditch the skinhead as he has been crap since then!   Maybe it is a confidence thing - have injuries taken their toll - is is heart condition worse than the club are letting on?

If we are going to play 4-4-2 - d'Ath has to be the first choice right winger.
Report Spam   Logged
Coblerzz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 12:01:50 pm »

Yeah I think D'ath has to start. Think he's one of the few players with flair in our squad.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 14:32:34 pm »

CW please ditch the two wingers and let's have FOUR proper midfielders who can cover the back four AND support the attack and contribute goals.

Hackett, thanks for the memories but goodbye!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 15:04:20 pm »

CW please ditch the two wingers and let's have FOUR proper midfielders who can cover the back four AND support the attack and contribute goals.

Hackett, thanks for the memories but goodbye!

This. I'll be stunned if he isn't one that Wilder tries to shift.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 15:20:29 pm »

I don't agree, a front 4 of Hackett and Mohamed wide and D'ath behind Richards should score plenty of goals. If we had Hornby alongside Murdock and new right backs, that is a decent starting XI which should be at the right end of the table

........................DUKE.........................

NEW RB......DIAMOND....COLLINS....HORWOOD

.................HORNBY..MURDOCK....................

HACKETT...............D'ATH.............MOHAMED

........................RICHARDS.........................

Subs From
SNEDKER
LANGMEAD
CRESSWELL
MOYO
ROBERTSON
ANOTHER STRIKER
ANOTHER CENTRE MIDFIELDER

Yesterday was poor, but I have seen us play worse than that and win.

Players to go for me would be:
Alfi
Banks
Archer
Tozer
Carter
Ravenhill
Sinclair
and Toney will be sold in January

That should free up plenty of money for a decent right back and some squad strengthening elsewhere

Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 15:59:10 pm »

I don't agree, a front 4 of Hackett and Mohamed wide and D'ath behind Richards should score plenty of goals. If we had Hornby alongside Murdock and new right backs, that is a decent starting XI which should be at the right end of the table

........................DUKE.........................

NEW RB......DIAMOND....COLLINS....HORWOOD

.................HORNBY..MURDOCK....................

HACKETT...............D'ATH.............MOHAMED

........................RICHARDS.........................

Good post. I'd say that we need a new keeper and possibly another central midfielder (Hornby will take a while to re-establish himself). Other than that though, I'd say you've got it spot on.

Hackett is still a very decent player at this level - he proved that earlier in the season. However he and Mohammed both need to be freed up from too much defensive responsbility and that's why we need two decent high energy holding midfielders and two decent full backs.

Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 19:08:48 pm »

Good post. I'd say that we need a new keeper and possibly another central midfielder (Hornby will take a while to re-establish himself). Other than that though, I'd say you've got it spot on.

Hackett is still a very decent player at this level - he proved that earlier in the season. However he and Mohammed both need to be freed up from too much defensive responsbility and that's why we need two decent high energy holding midfielders and two decent full backs.

Thanks Bungle best laugh I've had in months 'Hackett freed up from too much defensive responsability'........if Tozer was standing two feet away from Hackett in the bar after a game Chris would not recognize him!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: