The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:49:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trusty Ant

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trusty Ant  (Read 2543 times)
ArmchairCobbler81

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 22:52:01 pm »

For he's a jolly good fellow and all that but forgive me and my ignorance but have I missed something, what's he and his organisation done thats advanced our matchday enjoyment as supporters, and what's the trusts role at the moment other than handing over the contents of a lightweight piggy bank every now and then? Is it possible that there existance could be harming future investment by just being allowed in the boardroom? Could it be  time to get rid as its become a little pointless, secular and dosen't represent the vast majority of Cobblers fans. Before anyone one asks what ideas I have as an alternative here's a few, how about an old fashioned non polititical supporters club? And allow entrance to exclusive bar under west stand to matchday ticket holders not just a "vip" trust and season ticket holders. This once worthy cause has gone stale, do we need it anymore?

I think you'll find a number of links criticising the Trust. This link merely gives supporters the opportunity to show a little gratitude to a bloke who's put in a lot of time for a good cause.

Report Spam   Logged
RussNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 00:15:50 am »

Well done Ant, the man done good....hope to see him back on the terraces with us commoners!   Grin

Who's on the short list to replace him?
Report Spam   Logged

I moan because I care!
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 08:55:21 am »

Sbeds you are entitled to your opinion but for goodness sake there is a time and a place.  This thread is paying respect to Ant not the Trust collectively.

Ant has done a great deal for supporters, the Trust and Club and he has largely done so behind the scenes and with a great deal of humility. 

Well done Ant, it's been my pleasure ... enjoy your 'freedom'  Wink

Report Spam   Logged
telboy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 13:06:46 pm »

he as got a point though a bit like some slating guinan and some not etc . It is the hotel end forum after all . be a bit weird if everyone agreed all of a sudden lol .
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 19:39:05 pm »

Well done to Ant on being in the position of a sometimes thankless role. Agreed that nobody can take away the time and dedication that he has put into this role.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 22:14:56 pm »

Yep, fair play to Ant and well done for keeping going for 5 years.

Anyone know who his replacement is? This subject wasn't covered at all at the AGM, which i thought was strange bearing in mind one the whole points of the AGM is to elect it's officials....
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 11:21:31 am »

Hi Power, the AGM appoints board members.  The Supporters Rep and other positions are elected at the first board meeting after the AGM.

I'm afraid I don't know at this stage who is intending to stand for the position.  The amount of voluntary work involved means it's not actually as an appealing position as some might think.

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 12:21:18 pm »

Good work Ant, enjoy being a 'proper fan' again!  Grin

With regards to his replacement, it will be fascinating to see who puts himself/herself forward for the role. I cant help but think that the position has become something of a 'poisoned chalice' and an ideal candidate will not be sourced. Ideally it needs to be someone with a good level of business acumen and experience in running a business in order to maximise the money that it can earn for the club. Of course though, that is only my opinion but I think commercially speaking it has collectively struggled for years now but Im not quite sure how this can change. Rob did a fantastic job with it when it was born but I see Rob/type of person as more of a war leader in the Churchill mode! Of course, it doesn't need that type of approach at the moment but the person who fills Ant's shoes will ultimately see the Trust fail completely or revitalise it. The bit that puts me off is having to watch the game in the comfy seats all suited and booted....football's my release and I need that every Saturday. This I fear is the part of the role that will put off most 'fans' from stepping forward and offering their services. A role model is hard to find and unless that person considers themselves to be a suitable role model then they shouldn't go for it.
Report Spam   Logged
supajama

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 12:33:28 pm »

Good work Ant, enjoy being a 'proper fan' again!  Grin

With regards to his replacement, it will be fascinating to see who puts himself/herself forward for the role. I cant help but think that the position has become something of a 'poisoned chalice' and an ideal candidate will not be sourced. Ideally it needs to be someone with a good level of business acumen and experience in running a business in order to maximise the money that it can earn for the club. Of course though, that is only my opinion but I think commercially speaking it has collectively struggled for years now but Im not quite sure how this can change. Rob did a fantastic job with it when it was born but I see Rob/type of person as more of a war leader in the Churchill mode! Of course, it doesn't need that type of approach at the moment but the person who fills Ant's shoes will ultimately see the Trust fail completely or revitalise it. The bit that puts me off is having to watch the game in the comfy seats all suited and booted....football's my release and I need that every Saturday. This I fear is the part of the role that will put off most 'fans' from stepping forward and offering their services. A role model is hard to find and unless that person considers themselves to be a suitable role model then they shouldn't go for it.

Mad Michelle or Jeema it is then.....  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 12:45:57 pm »

On my football manager a certain Antony Collett has just taken control of the club..
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 22:17:05 pm »

I didn't contribute to this thread as I don't know Ant personally and had no idea of what he had done in his position with the trust.

Having spoken to somebody today who filled me in on some of the things he has achieved with the Trust I would like to now thank him and wish him the best of luck in civvies.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 06:43:15 am »

I didn't contribute to this thread as I don't know Ant personally and had no idea of what he had done in his position with the trust.

Having spoken to somebody today who filled me in on some of the things he has achieved with the Trust I would like to now thank him and wish him the best of luck in civvies.

Any chance that same person could fill you in on some of the things DC has achieved  Grin (auntie exits left and down into air-raid shelter...)
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 09:29:53 am »

Any chance that same person could fill you in on some of the things DC has achieved  Grin (auntie exits left and down into air-raid shelter...)

If it wasnt for DC the Cobblers would be playing on the Racecource by now i tell ya (he could still acheive this)
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 09:53:48 am »

Grin That person is a man of few words but not that few.  Wink (By the way, I didn't say you could come back up yet  Grin)
Report Spam   Logged
Trust Ant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 21:00:04 pm »

Hi,

Would just like to thank everyone for their kind words on here, I am not sure I can personally claim some of the things you have attributed to me on here, but I have put forward the views of the Trust Board, members and Supporters generally, some of which the Club have taken up.

I still believe strongly in the Supporters Trust movement and what it stands for, which I see mainly in representing the supporters and being open and accountable.

I wish I had been able to spend more time on here answering queries about NTFC / Trust.

I will try to personally message all that have posted on here, and will reply back regarding Sbeds comments.

For those that have been critical, I respect your opinions, indeed do I think the Trust could be doing more, yes I do. To do that though, we need new and fresh faces, to carry ideas forward. We have never been a closed shop, we have always left our steering group meetings open for anyone to come along if they wish to take part.

So put yourselves forward, your help will be appreciated.

All the best, and please come up to me if I do not know you and introduce yourselves to me, even those that are critical, I am sure we would have like minded views.

Thanks again to all.

Ant.

Report Spam   Logged
Trust Ant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 17:57:52 pm »

For he's a jolly good fellow and all that but forgive me and my ignorance but have I missed something, what's he and his organisation done thats advanced our matchday enjoyment as supporters, and what's the trusts role at the moment other than handing over the contents of a lightweight piggy bank every now and then? Is it possible that there existance could be harming future investment by just being allowed in the boardroom? Could it be  time to get rid as its become a little pointless, secular and dosen't represent the vast majority of Cobblers fans. Before anyone one asks what ideas I have as an alternative here's a few, how about an old fashioned non polititical supporters club? And allow entrance to exclusive bar under west stand to matchday ticket holders not just a "vip" trust and season ticket holders. This once worthy cause has gone stale, do we need it anymore?

We have not done enough to improve Supporters matchday experience. Funnily enough I have suggested that we need to turn our attentions to this now.

We have however made representations about cheaper season tickets, which has happened in the North Stand, cheaper cup tickets for the less attractive fixtures, free season ticket holders draw, we have raised monies for NTFC, youth football, football in the community and Multi disabled football. Since we started running the car boots we have raised over £40,000 for these causes.

I can categorically tell you that having the Trust on the board does not, and is not preventing any investor putting money into NTFC. Even if we wanted to veto what investors come into NTFC we are powerless to stop this. Show me a Jack Walker and I will carry him into the Boardroom.

Supporters Clubs are for running raffles and organising social events, is that what you want? Personally I think our Trust needs to be less like a Supporters Club.

I have recently discussed with NTFC making the bar open to all supporters, the whole issue of the bars is now under review and I think you will see changes in the next 12 months, to improve facilities for home supporters and hopefully create something for away supporters too. The Trust are happy to fund improvements for Supporters for facilities.

So let us know what you want improving your matchday experience off the pitch, and we will look at it.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to elaborate on these points.

All the best

Ant
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 18:43:24 pm »

Ant- I'll make a sensible and positive suggestion that will not only help the club, but will help the Trust to gain more credibility with the fans.

What I suggest is, the Trust embarks on a major fund raising exercise. By major, I mean something that is really going to make a difference. Perhaps a completely new public address system or even the enhancement of one of the stands.Once a decision  is made regarding the aim of the fundraising, I suggest that a small investsment is set aside to create a 'barometer' that displays the ultimate total needed and the monthly progression being attained. With a visual display of this kind, I truly believe that fans and members of the public will be more inclined to donate towards a realistic goal.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 20:05:59 pm »

Firstly let me thank you for your reply Ant, to what now reads like quite an aggressive post by me which I can assure was written out of frustration at the 'groundhog day' senario that is Sixfields and nothing personal against you and other trust members. Its just that in 15 years not one single improvement has been made and the casual supporter has been totally ingnored .
As regards to what I want to see change to improve my day out at Sixfields but most critically important is that of the father that may turn up with his son or group of friends who decide a one off trip to see the Cobblers are able to get a hot/cold drink or a beer in a 'club house' area making them feel part of the club and wanting to return. Basically get into line with every other small club in the land!  even if that means using joined sections of second hand portacabins tidied up and used by ALL visitors to sixfields and be accesable to fans at H/T, F/T it would soon pay for itself, The fact we struggle to attract 4000 fans in a town of over 200,000 tells me we need to do much better.

Regards David.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: