The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:20:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wilder's replacement.....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilder's replacement.....  (Read 4438 times)
razorntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 20, 2014, 17:01:50 pm »

Well seeing as a huge amount of posters either seem to think the gaffer should be sacked or he should walk....

Who do people see as a realistic replacement...

I do not want him to walk nor be chopped, a different level but look at West Ham. Stuck with big Sam and are going great....Id be interested in people's thoughts!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

phil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 17:05:26 pm »

he did the job last year, but you have to say he has lost the plot now, get rid a.s.a.p. anyone with a bit of fight is what we need now
Report Spam   Logged
razorntfc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 17:09:16 pm »

I guess, but who this is my question...I have plenty of fight but would be crap in charge!!!!do we let Wilder go on a spending spree in January. Things dont go well, sack him then a new mananger will want his own personnel, and will be left with a inherited squad he doesn't fancy
Report Spam   Logged
phil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 17:12:28 pm »

I guess, but who this is my question...I have plenty of fight but would be crap in charge!!!!do we let Wilder go on a spending spree in January. Things dont go well, sack him then a new mananger will want his own personnel, and will be left with a inherited squad he doesn't fancy
[/q

Would you keep most of c.w shyte
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 17:30:07 pm »

Who do people see as a realistic replacement...

Michael Appleton.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
John

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 17:36:49 pm »

I don't know but what does it matter?

We employed Stuart Gray but then sacked him. He has since taken Sheffield Wednesday to the Championship and has won more than he's lost.
We then employed and sacked Sammo. He's not done much since but was/is Northampton through and through and I don't think we'd be in this mess under him.
Then we employed and sacked Gary Johnson, he's since taken Yeovil to the Championship, though they're back in league 1 now, just about to take on Manchester United in the FA Cup.
Then we employed and sacked Aidy Boothroyd. He's now manager of the England under 19 side.
Then we employed and ...... Chris Wilder. He's never been sacked in his career so at least that would be a first. His record is still better than all the above EXCEPT Sammo.

The point is, a strong case could be made for appointing ALL those managers at the time they were given the job, a couple of them were stand out candidates. Where did it get us?

There is no one out there you can point out and say he will sort it out. Knowing our luck a year from now and we'll be doing it all again.

I don't know the answer. If we had any sense we'd probably be getting our Saints season ticket now, be nice to see your side win every week.
Report Spam   Logged

garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 20:16:23 pm »

I think he should not be sacked, but we should vote on here for which 2 posters should be put in charge for the next game. If we win, they get another go. If not, we re-draw and carry on as before. If, after a couple of games of people knowing the right team, the right line up and the right tactics being in charge, we don't improve, we re-instate Wilder.

Count me out of the draw, by the way.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 20:53:28 pm »

I wasn't around the Cobblers in the early mid 80's but in guessing the apathy has reached pre Banks levels. Perhaps some of the older posters will confirm this?

Ref Wilder. I wouldn't have employed him in the first place. Yet we did, we paid compensation to get him and gave him a stupidly long contract. Another great decision by DC. So 12 months later we are pretty much back to where we were...4 points above the bottom 2 and in 19th place. Yet people are still unbelievably content to keep him in the job unless we drop into the relegation zone.

I'm giving him two more matches. If we don't win one of them that's it for me. Bring someone in for the transfer window and we go again.

Either way. He's not a good manager and the sack will come sooner rather than later. He's totally lost the plot.

As for the next mug who takes the job. I've past caring to be honest. Might as well give it to Sammo...
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 21:10:17 pm »

Do you think they'll pay him the rest of his 3.5 year contract?
I don't think our league status is as high on the agenda as you know what. Especially with so long left to go this season. Far too early to be stumping up £200k plus. Would Knill do any better, or are they paying him off too?
I reckon he needs time and would be rather farcical to bullet someone so quickly after paying to get him and giving him such a long contract. It may depend if DC goes on holiday over Xmas.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 21:22:39 pm »

I wasn't around the Cobblers in the early mid 80's but in guessing the apathy has reached pre Banks levels. Perhaps some of the older posters will confirm this?

Ref Wilder. I wouldn't have employed him in the first place. Yet we did, we paid compensation to get him and gave him a stupidly long contract. Another great decision by DC. So 12 months later we are pretty much back to where we were...4 points above the bottom 2 and in 19th place. Yet people are still unbelievably content to keep him in the job unless we drop into the relegation zone.

I'm giving him two more matches. If we don't win one of them that's it for me. Bring someone in for the transfer window and we go again.

Might as well give it to Sammo. That shows your complete lack of judgement. A great servant to our club but one who has no aptitude for management whatsoever.   clueless

Either way. He's not a good manager and the sack will come sooner rather than later. He's totally lost the plot.

As for the next mug who takes the job. I've past caring to be honest. Might as well give it to Sammo...
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 21:29:32 pm »

Pedj...you kind of missed my point. Which is does it really matter who the boss is?

It's all down to luck. We may need the bounce that a new manager brings, a point I made the other day.

The club is so badly run it's hard to come up with a name!
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 21:30:37 pm »

CW is not the problem, we all know who is...
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 21:33:30 pm »

I spoke with our old friend Mr Calderwood the other day. He's a very nice man.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 21:37:03 pm »

I spoke with our old friend Mr Calderwood the other day. He's a very nice man.

But again he was a piss poor manager. He took us up with old has Beene. We wpas always destined pro come back down agin whilst he used us to further his career. Secondly he is not a nice man. I met him on several occasions and he was aloof and uncaring. A crap manager who has been found out.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 21:40:46 pm »

As much as I slated him at the time, he's far better than Wilder. Far better. Indeed, he was the guy I wanted us to employ 12 months ago, once it was apparent that Andy King wasn't being considered.

Still. People will still say Wilder needs more time. We all see a very different game which is what makes football the best game in the world!
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 22:01:02 pm »

But again he was a **** poor manager. He took us up with old has Beene. We wpas always destined pro come back down agin whilst he used us to further his career. Secondly he is not a nice man. I met him on several occasions and he was aloof and uncaring. A crap manager who has been found out.

A crap manager? Interesting.. Seeing as he is the only manager in the last god knows how many years we have not sacked and has gone on to manage at a higher level..
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 22:11:48 pm »

But again he was a **** poor manager. He took us up with old has Beene. We wpas always destined pro come back down agin whilst he used us to further his career. Secondly he is not a nice man. I met him on several occasions and he was aloof and uncaring. A crap manager who has been found out.

Bit harsh Pedj -his sides were always organised tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 22:18:21 pm »

CW is not the problem, we all know who is...

........who is the problem. CW is the Manager - most on here thought he was a good choice made by DC. At the moment he is making hard work of this season. When you say the royal "We" - who are they Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 22:25:48 pm »

Calderwood (48% win record btw) is probably the exception to our normal rule, namely he is the only manager who had his best spell with us and went downhill afterwards. Normally its the other way round...they come here with a decent record and a good reputation then proceed to blow them!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
ArtichokeCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 22:31:30 pm »

Very unfair I think.    As I recall, there was great disappointment when he left us.   

As for him being nice or not, all I can say is that I met him on a number of occasions and always found him to be the perfect gentleman - approachable, intelligent and down to earth.    I cannot relate to your "aloof and uncaring" comment at all. 
Report Spam   Logged

That money was there for our club
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: