The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:30:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wilder's replacement.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilder's replacement.....  (Read 4437 times)
garibaldi

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2014, 12:25:55 pm »

One thing to throw into hat is as part of Wilder's contract a sensible chairman might include a clause that if the side drops below a certain level then the contract can be terminated say at a reduced pay out level.

"And also, if you do really well, you can't have a pay rise but you must stay here until we say so or get a massive 'transfer fee'."

That should cover it.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

But to be fair you did think CW would win the league with this group of players, so you couldn't have thought it was that bad an appointment.

You cant get out of that one Drillers!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 16:47:37 pm »

Why would he want to?? His optimism might not have been rewarded, but it wasn't necessarily misplaced. Everything indicated a competitive season. At least he put his opinion up for scrutiny.

I often take the p!ss of Marvo for his unrequited love for Johnson. But we all thought we'd landed a decent manager when he turned up. There's too many on here enjoying sniping at those that have the balls to pin their colours to the mast.
Report Spam   Logged
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 17:01:07 pm »

A little snipe at evers, eh? Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 17:22:29 pm »

A little snipe at evers, eh? Grin

Oh the irony  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 17:22:50 pm »

Why would he want to?? His optimism might not have been rewarded, but it wasn't necessarily misplaced. Everything indicated a competitive season. At least he put his opinion up for scrutiny.

I often take the p!ss of Marvo for his unrequited love for Johnson. But we all thought we'd landed a decent manager when he turned up. There's too many on here enjoying sniping at those that have the balls to pin their colours to the mast.

Cardoza out!
All feel free to have a snipe when I'm proved wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2014, 17:30:42 pm »

Cardoza out!
+1
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2014, 17:36:49 pm »

Now look what you have done - you have unleashed all the snipers now Grin
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 17:37:53 pm »

He brought together a great group of players, I maintain that. But then he decided to start replacing them with sub standard loanees...whilst now he's trying to bring the better but previously injured players into the starting eleven too quickly. Team selections are all over the place!

On paper...we have a squad including JJ OToole, Hackett, K MO, Richards, Toney, Creswell, Carter, Diamond, Collins, Horewood, Langers, Hornby etc... And we are 19th. Bloody 19th. No one predicted this would happen. No body!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 17:42:59 pm »

He brought together a great group of players, I maintain that. But then he decided to start replacing them with sub standard loanees...whilst now he's trying to bring the better but previously injured players into the starting eleven too quickly. Team selections are all over the place!

On paper...we have a squad including JJ OToole, Hackett, K MO, Richards, Toney, Creswell, Carter, Diamond, Collins, Horewood, Langers, Hornby etc... And we are 19th. Bloody 19th. No one predicted this would happen. No body!

You slippery old devil!
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 17:44:54 pm »

So how and with whom do we replace Wilder with in two weeks time?
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 17:51:44 pm »

Wilder wont walk and DC wont fire him so we all may as well get used to the prospect of another relegation battle.
It wouldn't be the Cobblers otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 18:01:10 pm »

So how and with whom do we replace Wilder with in two weeks time?

If we can somehow stay clear of the bottom 2 we've got to stick it out with him, we've got little choice.

I don't think that's likely though. I just cannot see it. Our form is absolutely shocking. So I will turn the question around and ask yourself...in a fortnights time, if we are 22nd/23rd do we keep faith?

I honestly can't answer your question! I cannot believe that we are even discussing this, it's rediculous isn't it!
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2014, 18:40:14 pm »

Cardoza out!

All the managers that come in with the exception of CC end up with the same look on their face after just a few months. The sort of look you get when you have a shit boss or are unhappy in your surroundings.

Maybe he makes promises to managers, talks big, then fails to deliver on his promises. Just as he does with supporters?

Any other suggestions why managers appear disaffected and lose the plot? Too many good managers have been through now to be just co-incidence.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2014, 18:51:22 pm »

All the managers that come in with the exception of CC end up with the same look on their face after just a few months. The sort of look you get when you have a shit boss or are unhappy in your surroundings.

Maybe he makes promises to managers, talks big, then fails to deliver on his promises. Just as he does with supporters?

Any other suggestions why managers appear disaffected and lose the plot? Too many good managers have been through now to be just co-incidence.

Wilder himself is the first manager to come out and question things going on at the club which are outside of his control. Whether he was promised the earth and now a year later has realised that DC hasn't delivered or whether it was just trying to deflect some of the blame I don't know!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9610120/wilder-calls-for-cardoza-talks
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2014, 18:58:22 pm »

All the managers that come in with the exception of CC end up with the same look on their face after just a few months. The sort of look you get when you have a s*** boss or are unhappy in your surroundings.

Is the look similar to the "bollocks, I've really f***ed up this job" look?
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 19:01:58 pm »

There's too many on here enjoying sniping at those that have the balls to pin their colours to the mast.

Indeed there are - I suspect they live in a virtual world where they can pronounce judgement without mirrors!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 19:03:37 pm »

Wow! We really do have a very good squad... on paper at least. As for CW, you don't become a crap manager over night. His record suggests he's solid enough at this level - but never outstanding. I look at his stats, and then I look at the players at our disposal, and it should be baffling how we are on such a slide. Then I look at the team selection, tactics, chopping and changing, and it really does look like CW is losing the plot.
But, like I said, you don't become a bad manager overnight. We just need to get a result from somewhere (anywhere), hopefully give ourselves something to build on. I certainly don't think he has lost the dressing room. If we can string together a few results over Xmas, I honestly believe we will still finish in the top ten... although this may be based on my eternal jolliness (Go on Evers/Cricket Kiss)
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2014, 19:12:08 pm »

If we can somehow stay clear of the bottom 2 we've got to stick it out with him, we've got little choice.

I don't think that's likely though. I just cannot see it. Our form is absolutely shocking. So I will turn the question around and ask yourself...in a fortnights time, if we are 22nd/23rd do we keep faith?

I honestly can't answer your question! I cannot believe that we are even discussing this, it's rediculous isn't it!

You keep saying he won't last longer than another two weeks Shane! That's why we are discussing it?  Grin Have you been on the sauce? And I don't mean brown.
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2014, 19:14:53 pm »

All the managers that come in with the exception of CC end up with the same look on their face after just a few months. The sort of look you get when you have a **** boss or are unhappy in your surroundings.

Is the look similar to the "bollocks, I've really ****ed up this job" look?

Could be? That's a lot of managers though who all previously had experienced some success. Probability suggests it's not just bad luck, so what's the common factor that's causing it?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: