The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:05:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

A bit of help please!?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A bit of help please!?  (Read 1054 times)
owlsonlineadmin

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: November 26, 2010, 08:51:56 am »

Hello there Cobbers fans.

I come in peace, I wondered if a few of you would answer some questions ahead of the FA cup game tomorrow?

It will go on our frontpage and this place will be linked in the piece too...

Soo...

1) What did you expect from Northampton Town this season?

2) How worried were you that you MIGHT have actually signed Francis Jeffers?

3) Which player out of your squad has been the player of the season so far?

4) Ian Sampson, right man for the job?

5) Giles Coke, what do you think of him?

6) If you could sign one player to make the difference in your side (realistically) who would it be and why?

7) If you could chuck one player out of your squad, who would it be and why?

Cool What do you know about Sheffield Wednesday?

9) Team news ahead of the game?

10) Prediction?

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

abington_cobbler

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 09:10:40 am »

1 ) What did you expect from
Northampton Town this season ?
I expected at least play offs but in reality with have a relegation dog fight on our hands
2 ) How worried were you that you
MIGHT have actually signed Francis
Jeffers?

Very worried at the time although with hindsight maybe he could have scored the goals our strikers haven't managed

3 ) Which player out of your squad has
been the player of the season so far ?

Michael Jacobs  is a good young prospect, Leon McKenzie is scoring and hasn't been sent off yet Grin

4 ) Ian Sampson , right man for the
job ?

I have backed Sammo in the past but even I think that the only way to move forward is to replace him

5 ) Giles Coke , what do you think of
him?

Never played his best for us and had injury problems.   The way he left is a disgrace for that reason he will I expect Cobblers fans to boo every touch.

6 ) If you could sign one player to
make the difference in your side
(realistically ) who would it be and
why? We have been linked to Crews's Zola, I don't think he will sign for us but would love him here.

7 ) If you could chuck one player out of
your squad, who would it be and
why?
Steve Guinan because he has clearly stated on interviews that he wants to leave but he has a good contract so others cant/wont match it

What do you know about Sheffield
Wednesday?

A team who were in the premier league  a few years ago who play at the historic Hillsborough stadium

9 ) Team news ahead of the game?

Johnson and McKenzie are doubts but we signed Ryan Jarvis on loan from Orient and he is available

10) Prediction?

Wednesday 3 Cobblers 1
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:14:02 am »

OK here we go
1. Pushing for the play offs , not bottom but 2
2. He couldn't be worse than some of the strikers we've got (but probably would have cost more !)
3. The best footballers (Thornton / Jacobs) do not play every week,so player of the season so far ,Dean Beckwith ??
4. Sammo has presided over some of the best performances in our recent history and also some of the worst , would love him to suceed but the jury is still out.
5.Lying 2 faced tw*t , good player when he wants to be but don't be suprised if his form fades away !
6.We need a big forward because we are lightweight up front , Bayo Akinfenwa ?
7.Alistair Slowe ,we wouldn't miss him ,he's never played.
8. Loads , I work with a load of Sheffield guys ,but most of them are Blades.
9.Leon Mckenzie will probably be rested , so the best we can hope for is 0-0
10. Who knows ? we could get a stuffing or we could win (We lose at Barnet and win at Liverpool)
Report Spam   Logged
Forest

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:23:39 am »

1) What did you expect from Northampton Town this season? In or around Play offs

2) How worried were you that you MIGHT have actually signed Francis Jeffers? Thought he would be a decent signing for our divison and would be better than we have at the moment!

3) Which player out of your squad has been the player of the season so far? Abdul Osman, Solid in the middle of the park

4) Ian Sampson, right man for the job? Yes.

5) Giles Coke, what do you think of him? Traitor, I for one will be booing him

6) If you could sign one player to make the difference in your side (realistically) who would it be and why? A Decent forward, Harold from Burton.

7) If you could chuck one player out of your squad, who would it be and why? Gunian, On a good wage, doesnt play, doesnt score and wont leave!

What do you know about Sheffield Wednesday? They are a well supported club on the slide and have money problems

9) Team news ahead of the game? New signing Jarvis to start, Leaon 50/50 part from that same team.

10) Prediction? 2-1 To cobblers!

Thanks

Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 10:29:42 am »

1) What did you expect from Northampton Town this season? Pushing for the play-offs at least but with the talent in the squad automatic promotion.

2) How worried were you that you MIGHT have actually signed Francis Jeffers? Didn't take it seriously at all considering the reduction in our budget.

3) Which player out of your squad has been the player of the season so far? Liam Davis but more recently Leon McKenzie who's scored goals despite carrying an injury.

4) Ian Sampson, right man for the job? The jury is still out but he's Cobblers through and through so I want him to succeed.

5) Giles Coke, what do you think of him? He was injury prone but you could tell he had that bit of class. Typical of today's footballer though. We looked after him whilst injured and he jumped ship as soon as a better offer came along. He'll do it to you so I'd sell him in January!

6) If you could sign one player to make the difference in your side (realistically) who would it be and why? Adebayo Akinfenwa

7) If you could chuck one player out of your squad, who would it be and why? Steve Guinan, His legs and heart have gone and the majority fans despise him. Angry

Cool What do you know about Sheffield Wednesday? Sleeping giant. I remember the two cup finals in 93 when you had players of the calibre of Waddle, Hirst, Nilsson and Woods.

9) Team news ahead of the game? McKenzie likely to be rested for our relegation scrap, Davis returns after suspension. Maybe a debut for Jarvis who signed on loan.

10) Prediction? 4-2 to the Owls
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 11:25:36 am »

Midtable.  We didn't really strengthen what was a poor squad last season.

Wasn't, thought he would be a good signing in Division 4.

Abdul Osman

I really want him to be, but I don't think he is.

A good player who we didn't see anywhere near the best of due to him being injured from Day 1.

6) If you could sign one player to make the difference in your side (realistically) who would it be and why?

He'd never come here, but a player in the Ben Davies mold.

Alistair Slowe - hasn't played, doesn't appear likely to.

8.  What do you know about Sheffield Wednesday?

Famous old Club that have fallen from grace, play at Hillsbrough, are nicknamed The Owls.

We've signed Jarvis on loan from Orient who is likely to make his Cobblers debut.

10) Prediction?

Be happy with a draw and bring you back to Sixfields
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 11:51:36 am »

Challenging around Play-Off's, Not a relegation Dog Fight

If he'd have come without costing too much, i'd have been happy

Abdul Osman, under rated but proving his worth this season

No, but i wish he was

one word, C**t

Le Fondra - Goals, Goals and Goals

Steve Guinan - The bloke is now taking the pi** by refusing to leave

Your fans are tight and you used to be good

Jarvis to make debut

10) Prediction?

1-2 to Cobblers
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 13:01:27 pm by Iest_ntfc » Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
supajama

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 12:33:41 pm »

1) What did you expect from Northampton Town this season? Play-Offs at least (now survival would do!)

2) How worried were you that you MIGHT have actually signed Francis Jeffers? Very

3) Which player out of your squad has been the player of the season so far? Abdul Osman (He silenced the Kop ya know!)

4) Ian Sampson, right man for the job? Fans want him to suceed but i feel next 5 league games will tell if he's up to it.

5) Giles Coke, what do you think of him? c***! (He will get serious stick tomorrow)

6) If you could sign one player to make the difference in your side (realistically) who would it be and why? Stevie Howard or Adebayo Akinfenwa (We have needed a targetman to replace Bayo since he left in the Summer)

7) If you could chuck one player out of your squad, who would it be and why? Steve Guinan (happy to see out his contract rather than go out on loan)

Cool What do you know about Sheffield Wednesday? Fallen giants. Spooky that we went to Anfield in September and are now off to Hillsborough a couple of Months later. Anfield was a very spiritual place and i feel Hillsborough, due to the sad events of that day, will be likewise.

9) Team news ahead of the game? Jarvis to make his debut upfront (Hopefully with McKenzie if we can patch him up!)

10) Prediction? Heart says another famous Cobblers away victory or a draw to bring you back to Sixfields. Head says 3-0 to The Owls.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 12:49:40 pm »

A patchy start followed by improvement and a late stab at the playoffs

Who?

No-one consistently wonderful - maybe Liam Davis until his silly red card a week ago.
Yes, but taking stick from fans unhappy with slow progress and lack of decent striker
Disingenuous to take the advice of his sly agent, did the dirty on us. In the end it is the player who is in control, not the agent.
Anyone who can score goals, but we are so far reluctant to pay the price needed
Steve Guinan - expensive and useless

What do you know about Sheffield Wednesday?
Past famous club that has spent more than it earns and is thus in deep trouble. An average League 1 side, no more.

The league being our priority I expect McKenzie with his dodgy knees to be left out. Only main change would be if Davis gets in ahead of Hall at left back
10) Prediction?
2-2
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:51:37 pm by SteveRiches » Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 17:14:07 pm »

Was hoping for promotion, even a Title Trophy & a Johnstone Paint Trophy day out at Wembley

Every player deserves a chance somewhere

Andy Holt has been rolling back the years enjoying his twilight years

Club Legend, nice guy but in a results based business he is toeing the line

Blew hot & cold

Parkin of Preston THE BEAST, He would fit in well, banging in the goals & scaring everyone in sight

Alistair Slowe........Who pays & his wages & why hasn't he played yet, ask the conspiracy theorists?

Two of my best mates are Wednesday fans so know a fair bit about them but obviously the tragedy lives long in the memory especially as we were playing Sheffield United that sad day

Never know till just before the match, weather might be an issue?

10) Prediction?

1-1
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 07:20:34 am »

You're not as good as The Blades.  Or Barnsley, Doncaster, Hull, Leeds and Huddersfield.  However, you might scrape a draw with Bradford.

Probably the best team in S6.

Monday, Tuesday, who the f*** are Wednesday? Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
irishman7_uk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 09:24:33 am »

Playoffs at worst, maybe even top 3

Would have been happy with this assuming it wasn't ridiculous wages but never believed it for a minute

Liam Davis and Abdul Osman have impressed.

No

Always thought he was  a player who will play better as he moves up the leagues / plays in better teams.  He needs to be in a team who will often be on top of there opponents.  Way he left was a bit naughty but the club have a lot to blame there as well.  Can see him playing in the championship next season.  With or without Wednesday.

A striker with a proven goal record at this level and not past it.

Alistair Slowe - pointless

Huge club, Good Manager, Financial woes.  Shouldnt be in League one and wont be for long.  When I was a kid me and my dad went and watched Wednesday Vs Man City in the prem whilst my mum went christmas shopping.  1-1 - bloody freezing it was and the one of the worst games I have ever seen but a decent ground.  Since then Man City have been down to League One so there is hope for The Owls yet! Obvously huge history there due to the Hillsborough Disaster.   

No Guinan or Hinton!  Jarvis to be in the squad for debut.  Maybe a start?  Davis back from suspension

10) Prediction?

3-1 sw
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: