The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 04:55:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

If you were in charge what would you do VOTE HERE

Poll
Question: Sack Wilder and Staff or not?
Sack Now Before Window - 44 (46.3%)
Give him another couple of months - 12 (12.6%)
Give him til the end of the season - 20 (21.1%)
Stick with him for the full 3 years - 19 (20%)
Total Voters: 87

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you were in charge what would you do VOTE HERE  (Read 5185 times)
Razor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 14:23:52 pm »

I'm really surprised there's been no Cardoza animosity at matches too. Is it about to start?

I highly doubt it.
Report Spam   Logged
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 14:31:02 pm »

I'm really surprised there's been no Cardoza animosity at matches too. Is it about to start?

There must be a few who fight strongly against the desire to shout Cardoza Out! at every match. That desire, however, is not as strong as their cowardice, as they then wouldn't be cosy and anonymous.
Report Spam   Logged

Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 14:33:50 pm »

It would take a serious smash around my bonce for eggchasing to become even remotely entertaining. And I'm pretty sure this is the case for the major majority of all right minded football fans, so can you please, shut up about that sorry excuse for a sport. Most people who are fed up, will save their money and watch Jeff Stelling and co, as opposed to giving money to a load of pompous twats to watch a ****e game.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
guest49

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 14:44:20 pm »

At some stage fans will have to find some balls (even the the females!) and stick with a chosen manager for the full term  because recent sackings demanded by fans has not worked!

That has to be a wind up, very good.  Grin

There is only one person (well maybe two if you count his dad) who get to make that call. If it wasn't apparent that the fans have little influence before the redevelopment, it is crystal clear now. Maybe he wishes that the fans were more vocal to make his task easier. If the Geordie fans couldn't get Pardew sacked, I doubt the Sixfields apathetical massive will oust CW.

My balls are firmly nailed to Mr Wilder for the long haul.  Tongue

There must be a few who fight strongly against the desire to shout Cardoza Out! at every match. That desire, however, is not as strong as their cowardice, as they then wouldn't be cosy and anonymous.

If you'd been to Sixfields recently you'd know that very little gets shouted about anything, although 'Cardoza Out' aren't the easiest two words to get into a chant. Maybe if you bring your banner we can squeeze it into the Liquidator, it's the best shot.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2014, 14:51:21 pm »

We can only hope and wish to be as heroic as you Cricketside. Give us mere mortals a break will you? Even if its just over the holiday period.  Wink  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2014, 14:59:31 pm »

There is only one person (well maybe two if you count his dad) who get to make that call.

I reckon it's one counting his dad
Report Spam   Logged
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2014, 15:30:51 pm »

We can only hope and wish to be as heroic as you Cricketside. Give us mere mortals a break will you? Even if its just over the holiday period.  Wink  Kiss

And here I was thinking that people were desperate to get rid of him, ralph.
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2014, 15:40:32 pm »

People might start a chant the next game he turns up. Hardly worth the effort when he's not there.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Westander

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2014, 16:00:41 pm »

Hate being in this position yet again but I think we have to stick with Wilder to the end of the season, having said that I wonder how many prospective managers CVs are on Cardozas desk already.
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2014, 16:05:06 pm »

No point getting another new face in just for the manager/chairman relationship to break down yet again, that has to be a real possibility as to why this cycle keeps reoccurring.

Wilders comments about behind the scenes are very believable so I doubt his relationship with Dozy will improve any so he has to move on. DC is sadly going nowhere until he's finished playing building houses.

It's not about managerial ability here. Only Calderwood seems strong enough to be able to keep his head or tell DC where to stick his.  
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2014, 16:07:48 pm »

And here I was thinking that people were desperate to get rid of him, ralph.

Obviously, like your good self, not desperate enough.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2014, 16:13:00 pm »

Judging by the big, bald gorilla Cardoza had at his side for the last home game he was present at it would suggest he is surprised too.
Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Windows User Nineth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2014, 16:25:15 pm »

I thought Wilder's Tranmere post match interview was awful. As a matter of interest is there anybody who voted to stick with him, but then heard the interview and has changed their mind?
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 16:54:14 pm »

I thought Wilder's Tranmere post match interview was awful. As a matter of interest is there anybody who voted to stick with him, but then heard the interview and has changed their mind?

Not a catalyst for a change of heart on my part but you're right, that interview was terrible.

Sounded like a Sunday League manager.  Walks a strange line between blaming bad luck (for 12 defeats in 15 games?) and bad players (nearly all signed and trained/managed by him).

Additionally he's already blamed 'behind the scenes' infrastructure at the club and hinted at problems in the medical set-up in previous press statements.

Not sure who's going to be blamed next.  Maybe the car-park attendants?

Report Spam   Logged
Moocher

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 17:16:26 pm »

Yes, I was unsure but after hearing that, felt he has to go. It was shockingly bad. Definitely not what players need to hear when low on confidence

Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 17:30:12 pm »

...so I went online and shelled out £104 for two tickets to Saints v Newcastle instead.

Bloody hell, is it as much as that?

I can get free tickets whenever I want but never bother.
Report Spam   Logged

John

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2014, 17:33:44 pm »

At some stage fans will have to find some balls (even the the females!) and stick with a chosen manager for the full term  because recent sackings demanded by fans has not worked!

I'd be in full agreement with you if we were languishing in midtable.

But we're not, so I'm not.
Report Spam   Logged

ntfc_wardrobe

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2014, 17:41:22 pm »

I'd be in full agreement with you if we were languishing in midtable.

But we're not, so I'm not.

So what would you do if we sacked Wilder and were in this position again this time next year, as we have been for 4/5 past seasons? Sack him as well?

Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2014, 17:45:07 pm »

So what would you do if we sacked Wilder and were in this position again this time next year, as we have been for 4/5 past seasons? Sack him as well?

Well yes, it's the same scenario?
Report Spam   Logged

ntfc_wardrobe

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2014, 17:52:51 pm »

Well yes, it's the same scenario?

Then when do you stop? At some point you must break the cycle and back a manager even when they get into situations such as these otherwise we will never progress as a club
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: