The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 09:06:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Would have been good to see you

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would have been good to see you  (Read 2464 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 04, 2015, 14:11:26 pm »

NTFC Supporters Ltd are running a Race Night this coming Friday at Earls Barton WMC , Queen St , Earls Barton. All the money raised will go straight to the Youth set up at NTFC, We will be starting at around 8.00 with free admission and a welcome for everyone, it's a good night out with drinks, including Real Ale at CIU prices.

NTFC Supporters are grateful for Ryan & Frost Solicitors (Wellingborough) agreeing to sponsor this event.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest48

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:52:04 am »

We could have done with a few more turning up BUT we still raised over £500 for the youth set up and it was good to see Craig Hinton and all the lads there.
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:35:18 pm »

Would it be outrageous to think that judging by your monkier that the geography of this event would be have very convenient for you allowing you to circumnavigate taxis, dring driving laws ect ect and maybe hazard a guess at the fact that you often frequent this establishment and maybe therefore would consider the steward or board members as friends.
As someone who has experience in event managment I personnally have always had a priority list when organising these things which go something like

1 the masses
2 my mates
3 me

I just wonder if you have a priority list of

1 me
2 my mates
3 the masses

Is the best way of going about it and maybe an event in the town itself would be advantageous, the phrase bringing Mohammed to the mountain springs to mind

Obviously , far be it for me to make suggestions and all that after my last telling off....
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 14:53:19 pm »

Credit to you for organising it but I'm not in the least bit interested in horse racing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 19:54:33 pm »

Would it be outrageous to think that judging by your monkier that the geography of this event would be have very convenient for you allowing you to circumnavigate taxis, dring driving laws ect ect and maybe hazard a guess at the fact that you often frequent this establishment and maybe therefore would consider the steward or board members as friends.
As someone who has experience in event managment I personnally have always had a priority list when organising these things which go something like

1 the masses
2 my mates
3 me

I just wonder if you have a priority list of

1 me
2 my mates
3 the masses

Is the best way of going about it and maybe an event in the town itself would be advantageous, the phrase bringing Mohammed to the mountain springs to mind

Obviously , far be it for me to make suggestions and all that after my last telling off....

So sorry Bill next time I organise something to help the Youth set up I'll be sure to run it by you first. Craig Hinton and all the youth team players were quite happy with the venue and attended the event but, in future I will make sure it's OK with you. For your info we have held Race Nights at Sixfields ,but they didn't make as much as they do in Earls Barton. You are so sharp, you worked out that I live in Earls Barton, no fly's on you ! For your further info I go in the WMC only when we have a Race Night , I do know one of the committee because he is the guy who does the Race Night. We hold them at the WMC because we get a free room , they sponsor a Race, the drinks are cheap and we get good support from the members of the club.
    I look forward to the next event that you organise for the benefit of the club, using your "experience in event management" and if you will allow it, I'll come along and try to pick up some tips. If you want, I'll introduce you to Craig, he'll be overjoyed that we've got a proper professional on the job. Meanwhile the monies raised table reads like this

Barton Cobbler (Couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery) £500 +
     Cordwainer Bill  (Vast experience in event management)    £0  Zilch, Nothing, Not a penny

Obviously, I must say how much I value your input, but I do think that Gibbo has got you well sussed.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 20:00:00 pm »

Experience in event management with such skills you may well end up getting the NTFC redevelopment gig!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 20:02:19 pm »

Maybe he did  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 20:10:37 pm »

See, I knew I would get told off. In your gambit you mentioned that you could have done with a few more people , I was just offering some advice.

Are you sure you are good at this trust stuff?
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 20:27:58 pm »

Experience in event management with such skills you may well end up getting the NTFC redevelopment gig!
Shame that both of the companies that he was involved with, have been dissolved. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Gibbo

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 21:16:22 pm »

Well one Barton...bollocks to the rest of them
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 21:23:28 pm »

Take no notice of the knockers Barton, the majority on here recognise and appreciate your efforts for the club.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 21:26:05 pm »

Well one Barton...bollocks to the rest of them

Well done Barton and well said Gibbo
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 21:38:37 pm »

Don't have a go at me, it was Barton that mentioned he would like to have seen more people there, I simple suggested a remedy to that problem.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 22:23:49 pm »

Bill, the Trust and Random acts of Kidney are putting on a charity Football Quiz in April (details on NTFC / Travel page). We were thinking of doing this at Monks Park club, is this OK ? Just to say that both Sean, who works for the Kidney charity, and myself live in Earls Barton, so it's not around the corner from our houses, neither of us are regulars in Monks Park WMC and neither of us know the committee or steward. 
  I await your expert input and will be guided by your judgement.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 22:45:18 pm »

Seems more logical to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:27 pm »

I'd've thought constructive criticism would be welcomed...
Everything can be improved upon. 
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
guest48

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 13:39:48 pm »

I'd've thought constructive criticism would be welcomed...
Everything can be improved upon. 
Sorry John , Bill has beaten you to be the wind up merchant on this thread   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 15:22:34 pm »

Sorry John , Bill has beaten you to be the wind up merchant on this thread   Wink

Same thing happened last time when he was disappointed with the turn out,he leaves a thinly veiled swipe at supporters with an implication that people don't care but fails to take onboard  what the the real issue is.
Wake up , smell the coffee and look in the mirror.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 15:55:19 pm »

Same thing happened last time when he was disappointed with the turn out,he leaves a thinly veiled swipe at supporters with an implication that people don't care but fails to take onboard  what the the real issue is.
Wake up , smell the coffee and look in the mirror.
"Gibbo" , you know what I mean  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 16:01:08 pm »

I just thought Bill had a point with his original reply, but I'm not gonna get further involved with all this sniping.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: