The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:12:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

PLAYOFFS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYOFFS  (Read 20919 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2015, 20:00:40 pm »

The more local games the better, I agree, but I have no particular axe to grind with Coventry
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2015, 20:21:28 pm »

Posh still much closer in points to play offs than drop
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2015, 20:37:59 pm »

Well they've just sacked Fergie
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2015, 20:58:17 pm »

Well they've just sacked Fergie

Not just Fergie. Looks like the whole management team
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2015, 21:06:07 pm »

Can't see Rico seeing out the season without an injury, I think that's when we will drop points unfortunately.

Unless Toney really takes advantage of the extra playing time without JJ
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2015, 21:05:15 pm »

Down to 11th tonight.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2015, 17:31:05 pm »

Annoyingly, with the exception of Stevenage, who drew, all our play-off rivals won today.

Still a win against Pompey, when Stevenage and Plymouth + Bury and Luton play each other, would see us really gaining ground on our rivals. If we can beat Shrewsbury away then anything is possible.

COYC! 
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2015, 17:34:53 pm »

Plymouth lost Bungle not all bad!

Anyone, forget playoffs. We are homing in on the top3!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2015, 18:52:37 pm »

Plymouth lost Bungle not all bad!

Anyone, forget playoffs. We are homing in on the top3!  Grin

I love you drilling, no really I do  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2015, 19:25:28 pm »

I love you drilling, no really I do  Kiss

Shoot from the hip son shoot from the hip.

There's no planning with my posts, no ego. I say it how I see it. At the time. Positive or negative. And tonight I'm bloody positive. I've had a few fosters now so I'm thinking a title bid!! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2015, 13:53:17 pm »

March will be a decisive month as it so often is IMO. 6 games in the month with 2 Tuesday games may test the squad depth.

Pompey is a big game for both sides, whoever wins has a realistic chance of carrying momentum towards the play offs.

Bury & Plymouth away are potential 6 pointers.

Luton will be tough and then you've got the potential banana skins of 2 struggling sides in Carlisle and Tranmere.

If we can win 4 of the 6 I think we will be well on course.

Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2015, 23:09:52 pm »

Agreed, 4 of those 6 are at home as well. Well on course for 70 points if everyone can stay fit. John-Joe is back soon also, but Hackett has scored 2 in 2. Also, Diamond is now back and fit, so only new injury is Tozer. Huge game Tuesday, top two form teams in the league.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2015, 07:33:14 am »

To be honest I would like us to have a great run, get close to the POs but just miss out. Next season with a settled squad and the new loan system favours us I think. OK you must grab the opportunity if its there, but potentially another seaso with this squad could be one to savour.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
John

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2015, 07:44:09 am »

To be honest I would like us to have a great run, get close to the POs but just miss out. Next season with a settled squad and the new loan system favours us I think. OK you must grab the opportunity if its there, but potentially another season with this squad could be one to savour.

Nice thought, never works out like that. Young players like D'Ath must be being scouted and they will be ambitious and want to display their talents on a bigger stage. We become a League 1 club and maybe that ambition will be sated but remain in this division and who knows what the future may hold. Wilder could get an offer from a bigger club, Cardoza could say enough is enough and pack his bags, who knows. If the chance is there (and it is) we MUST take it NOW!
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2015, 07:55:10 am »

To be honest I would like us to have a great run, get close to the POs but just miss out. Next season with a settled squad and the new loan system favours us I think. OK you must grab the opportunity if its there, but potentially another seaso with this squad could be one to savour.

Couldn't disagree more  Smiley whilst I agree that it's good to see our squad shaping up for next season, the power of form & momentum can never be underestimated.

I'm a big believer that had we beaten Mansfield back in 2004, we'd have gone on to win in Cardiff and got in to the Championship within 2 seasons. As it was we had to start again.

The other thing is, that DC will inevitably take the opportunity to cash in on D'Ath and/or Toney at some point in the next 12-18 months, and who's to say we will get someone better to replace them?
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:52 am »

Nice thought, never works out like that. Young players like D'Ath must be being scouted and they will be ambitious and want to display their talents on a bigger stage. We become a League 1 club and maybe that ambition will be sated but remain in this division and who knows what the future may hold. Wilder could get an offer from a bigger club, Cardoza could say enough is enough and pack his bags, who knows. If the chance is there (and it is) we MUST take it NOW!

Quite right take it when you can.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2015, 08:10:47 am »

I couldn't agree more. I think the youngsters will be away at the first sniff of playing at a higher level if we don't go up this season and you can't blame them.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2015, 08:20:04 am »

If we make it into the play offs we will be in a scenario like Bradford were, on a great run and in great confidence, and we know what happened there Sad
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2015, 08:37:07 am »

I couldn't agree more. I think the youngsters will be away at the first sniff of playing at a higher level if we don't go up this season and you can't blame them.

You say that, but Lawson looked like a kid in a sweetshop at Xmas at the end of the game on Saturday - it really did look as though it meant a lot to him and he was really keen to celebrate with the fans. There may still be some room for loyalty, especially though if we were a division higher next year. Added to that, other of the key new recruits are not "youngsters": Moloney, Holmes, Byrom, Taylor, Cresswell....know what it's like to be a lower leagues pro and when they are on to a good thing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2015, 09:17:03 am »

This time last year York had played a game more and had 43 points....... very doable
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: