The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 23:03:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Morecambe

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morecambe  (Read 8296 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2015, 19:12:11 pm »

Horwood is quality defending and attacking
Moloney is quality defending and attacking
Taylor is miles better than ravenhill

But yep all about opinions

Yeah can't disagree with any of these opinions  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2015, 19:48:21 pm »

In fact Morecambe might count themselves a tad unlucky that they didnt come away with a point.

Thought the better side won and deserved to win too. We had enough chances to have put the game beyond Morecombe's reach in the first 30 mins. Good second half, although Taylor not quite so effective as he was against Stanley, but the way he retains the ball prior to finding a colleague is still impressive. Diamond was ok not in Cresswells class. Tozer when he came on was if anything more effective(imo). Thought that Horwood's defending was a bit erratic and Moloney after the first 20mins had a quieter spell. Same could be said for Byrom and perhaps Collins. Duke was impressive through out and looked a good goal keeper. Richards for me was MOM led the line well against an old bruiser like Hughes. D'ath and Holmes both very good. As for Morecombe thought their midfield and defence were good but forwards by and large were ineffective. Redpath Redshaw apart from one or two spells was for me disappointing - notice how slow he was to get back and help out his defence or even to make himself available for a pass. Another thing too; Morecombe played the long/punt upfield more times than Anita Eckberg ever did and that to two small forwards!
Seems to me that several players looked very tired at the end; Moloney, Holmes, Richards, perhaps Collins and certainly Horwood all looked a bit "running low" on energy! Think that CW may have to rest a few players for Tuesday and give Toney , Hackett etc a run out. That's my opinion but the experts on here may disagree.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 19:54:11 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest47

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2015, 19:56:55 pm »

I agree that Tozer seemed to add more energy than Diamond I'm also surprised that they rejected the 'Tozer bomb' throw ins but were happy to play long crosses from corner kicks. i can't see the difference myself.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2015, 20:17:38 pm »

Watched it a few times and think that Duke could have done better with his save for their goal and made more of an effort for the header!
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2015, 20:27:19 pm »

Watched it a few times and think that Duke could have done better with his save for their goal and made more of an effort for the header!

Harsh - but Mod's decision is final Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2015, 21:27:47 pm »

Maybe he could have done, although it was very much a 'comedy' goal to concede. He definitely redeemed himself with the double save.
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2015, 22:01:48 pm »

Yeah can't disagree with any of these opinions  Grin
I thought Horwood lost his man more than once, and I'd agree that Taylor is a taller version of Ravenhill except I dont think his engine is as good.
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2015, 22:05:23 pm »

I agree that Tozer seemed to add more energy than Diamond I'm also surprised that they rejected the 'Tozer bomb' throw ins but were happy to play long crosses from corner kicks. i can't see the difference myself.
Yes, Tozer is an athlete. Diamond maybe the better defender at this level but's no surprise to me that he is injury prone and Ben is not.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2015, 08:18:48 am »

Out of interest, is Diamond's hamstring on Saturday the first new injury we've suffered since Craig Smith left the club?
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2015, 10:20:04 am »

Out of interest, is Diamond's hamstring on Saturday the first new injury we've suffered since Craig Smith left the club?

No, not really. It's a recurrence of the injury he was out with before.
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2015, 11:55:38 am »

The new found fighting spirit in the team really pleased me on Saturday. Morecombe had us under pressure looking for the equaliser and the team as a whole dug in, tracking back and getting in important blocks and tackles. And when that failed Duke was there to keep them out too.
If we can repeat all that coupled with the flare and creativity we are showing going forward we should hopefully be too much for Hartlepool tonight. It's great to be going up there in that frame of mind rather than hoping we may scrape a point.

Come on the Teyn.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2015, 12:03:43 pm »

The new found fighting spirit in the team really pleased me on Saturday. Morecombe had us under pressure looking for the equaliser and the team as a whole dug in, tracking back and getting in important blocks and tackles..

This also massively impressed me. I remember when we hammered Hartlepool at our place, we then went into the next game against Accrington and we were atrocious at defending. Wingers in particular did not look interested in defending - just wanted to attack all game. So after beating Accrington this time around playing free flowing attacking football, I was worried for the Morecambe game. But we won playing a different style of football.

Bring on tonight. When was the last time we scored 10 against a side in the same season?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2015, 12:09:11 pm »

We were talking about the style of victory on the way home from the match and how we are winning in different ways each week which hopefully means we have the tenacity to keep this run going.

Exeter, soaked up some early pressure and then picked them off killing the rest of the game once leading,
Dagenham, dominated the entire game but stayed patient and positive,
Newport, started like an express train and had them on the back foot for most of the game,
Accrington, complete control until the sending off and then a composed calculated counter attacking display,
Morecambe, early dominance coupled with some resolute defending and battling,

Massive change from any of the last few years, not just a plan A it seems like we have B, C and D too
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2015, 12:35:52 pm »

Bring on tonight. When was the last time we scored 10 against a side in the same season?  Tongue
We scored 12 against Southend in 86/87. Took 4 matches, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2015, 12:37:26 pm »

This also massively impressed me. I remember when we hammered Hartlepool at our place, we then went into the next game against Accrington and we were atrocious at defending. Wingers in particular did not look interested in defending - just wanted to attack all game. So after beating Accrington this time around playing free flowing attacking football, I was worried for the Morecambe game. But we won playing a different style of football.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2015, 12:40:23 pm »

We were talking about the style of victory on the way home from the match and how we are winning in different ways each week which hopefully means we have the tenacity to keep this run going.

Exeter, soaked up some early pressure and then picked them off killing the rest of the game once leading,
Dagenham, dominated the entire game but stayed patient and positive,
Newport, started like an express train and had them on the back foot for most of the game,
Accrington, complete control until the sending off and then a composed calculated counter attacking display,
Morecambe, early dominance coupled with some resolute defending and battling,

Massive change from any of the last few years, not just a plan A it seems like we have B, C and D too

Great post and exactly what has been pleasing me. Those around me agreed the early goal worked in our favour on Saturday as it opened up what could have been a battle with a team parking the bus.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2015, 12:46:16 pm »

Is "Cryptosporidium" back , all this posetivity makes me think there is somthing in the water  Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2015, 12:52:59 pm »

Is "Cryptosporidium" back , all this posetivity makes me think there is somthing in the water  Shocked Shocked

You'll feel the full blown effects come Saturday at five O'clock, and I'm not talking about the beer.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2015, 13:07:27 pm »

Im out friday night for my mates birthday and then I have 6 mates from work who want to drink all day.

I will be a shadow of my former self, Hopefully a very smug shadow though Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: