The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 06:32:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

"It's Freezing Thread"

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "It's Freezing Thread"  (Read 5479 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 04:46:22 am »

It's even starting to get cold over here. On the way to work this morning it was a paltry 12 degrees.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 14:39:56 pm »

Snowing in Teyn, well i say snowing, its official title is probably sleet.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 14:58:57 pm »

It has been coming down heavy in Abington for about an hour now
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 17:05:05 pm »

Snowing here in Bedfordshire to wet to settle on the ground but my van is getting a covering.

Wrigley, I wouldn't mind knowing what those weather websites are please as I like to look at that sort of thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 18:44:14 pm »

Heavy snow fell here in Warrington today at about 1 o'clock. It soon stopped though.

Not even enough to settle on the ground
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 09:01:39 am »

Wrigley, I wouldn't mind knowing what those weather websites are please as I like to look at that sort of thing.

To mis-quote the amazing film Good Morning Vietnam - "hey man, stop bothering me, you wanna know the weather? - You got a window? - then open it!"  Sorry only works in Sixfields area.

I can count the few flakes in Wootton Fields at 10am on my lawn if that helps?
Report Spam   Logged
LaindonCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 10:25:31 am »

Try these out Tyro. Some services are subscription only, but you can get a fair bit of info for free.

http://www.metcheck.com/
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/index.asp

Snowing well in Brentwood, Essex after a light dusting last night.
Report Spam   Logged

When Larry scored three against the PNE....
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 16:41:35 pm »

Some over weather sites I monitor for my transport compaines

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

Report Spam   Logged

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 22:07:59 pm »

It can bastard snow as much as it wants as my car broke down tonight - alternator, so there is no ferry to get and no long journey.  Perhaps I'll go sledging instead.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 21:10:36 pm »

We've had 9 hours of continual snow here in Bedfordshire & in my lifetime I've never seen it so deep & have just seen a Gritter lorry outside with a snow plough on the front of it clearing the roads.
Report Spam   Logged

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 12:57:24 pm »

A light dusting of snow yesterday in Bury St Edmunds, but that's pretty much gone now.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 16:55:57 pm »

Yesterday there was a snowplough on the South Circular!! Never seen that in 18 years of living here
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
DustCobb

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 09:44:46 am »

Stunned at the media to be honest. Sob stories of people stuck on holiday! Stuck on Holiday?! Try having a terminal illness, try being in a war zone.
Report Spam   Logged
Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 15:48:35 pm »

Stunned at the media to be honest. Sob stories of people stuck on holiday! Stuck on Holiday?! Try having a terminal illness, try being in a war zone.

And the people "stuck" at airports...it's snowing...what the hell did they think was going to happen?
Report Spam   Logged

Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 17:07:17 pm »

I live 3.8 miles from work & it's just taken me over an hour to get back home, roads a mess, people unable to drive & bloody silly people decideing at 5pm to go shopping  Lips Sealed

More snow due according to the local radio.
Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2010, 17:32:34 pm »

I'm just still struggling to comprehend as to how we get snowfall every year and we learn f*** all from one year to the next as to how to clear it and make it easier for people. But instead everyones too happy to sit back, moan and let the BBC do all these special reports on it Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 17:37:42 pm »

I'm just still struggling to comprehend as to how we get snowfall every year and we learn f*** all from one year to the next as to how to clear it and make it easier for people. But instead everyones too happy to sit back, moan and let the BBC do all these special reports on it Roll Eyes

They had some bloke from the department of transport on, saying about science or some other bolloxs. It's called look out of your window, this happens every year...
Report Spam   Logged

Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 18:01:15 pm »

Another useful weather site, if you go here any snow that is falling & is reported on Twitter it appears on the map.

http://uksnowmap.com/

Report Spam   Logged

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 18:04:10 pm »

Maybe the Beeb could give the Government advice on how their reporters cope with getting in and out of these places where people are trapped in the snow then we can all do what they do.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest47

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2010, 19:30:12 pm »

Germany update

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,668320,00.html
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print