The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 15:09:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Prior notice of kit vote

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prior notice of kit vote  (Read 2894 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2010, 08:10:11 am »

Pls don't try and tell people running NTFC 'the business' know what they are doing. Top down theyre amaturish at best.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2010, 08:41:20 am »

Steve,
You are only a mug if you buy it when you don't want to....
I don't buy Guiness because I hate it...if you don't like the new shirt....don't buy it.

As for Errea, they have provided the designs far earlier than last season and the club has decided to run a quicker vote in order to ensure the order is placed ahead of the Italian Christmas break deadline. Additionally, XXXL will be available so you'll be OK lol...

Are you not one of the advocates of spending money to get better players in?
Surely buying shirts with a decent profit margin available at normal RSP makes sense ?
If there's a consumer demand....then why not sell them at full price to enable the club to invest in playing staff etc?

By the way, do you honestly think that NTFC buys it shirts for £2? You often talk a lot of sense Steve but come on fella...what a load of dross you're talking there..... Shipping,packing,handling,import duty,vat, Errea margin...etc etc etc.

Guess you've had a tough day today eh Grin

Of course NTFC don't buy the shirts at £2, that's because there are so many snouts in the trough before the goods get to us - that's my whole point, be bold and scrub the current system and go direct to manufacturers via a controllable source that isn't out to fleece you. Then the profits really would go big-time to the club.
The point about replica kit as I always say is that no-one forces anyone to buy it, so there's no heavy moral point about prices, but I'd like the club to get maximum benefit of whatever the selling price may be - which, if you do it properly in-house could well be a lower price, a higher margin, more sales, and greater income.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2010, 09:30:46 am »

Of course NTFC don't buy the shirts at £2, that's because there are so many snouts in the trough before the goods get to us - that's my whole point, be bold and scrub the current system and go direct to manufacturers via a controllable source that isn't out to fleece you. Then the profits really would go big-time to the club.
The point about replica kit as I always say is that no-one forces anyone to buy it, so there's no heavy moral point about prices, but I'd like the club to get maximum benefit of whatever the selling price may be - which, if you do it properly in-house could well be a lower price, a higher margin, more sales, and greater income.

Yeah fair point Steve, but do we know facts about how much the club makes from shirt sales?
I certainly don't..
Report Spam   Logged
Exe

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2010, 10:46:07 am »

I'm grateful to the club for giving us prior notice of a kit change, it saves me buying this season's as I was planning to do today. May as well save my pennies now.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnFrainInThe93rd

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2010, 11:10:26 am »

Dont really see the problem, everyone knows we change every year, so this shouldnt affect you buying it, you're the one missing out on having our best shirt in years. 
Report Spam   Logged
tigger2002

great badge

View Profile
Apple User Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2010, 11:25:06 am »

i was ready to vote till i saw that the shirts will be MAROON, what happened to CLARET.
Report Spam   Logged
Exe

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2010, 11:35:00 am »

Dont really see the problem, everyone knows we change every year, so this shouldnt affect you buying it, you're the one missing out on having our best shirt in years. 

We haven't always changed every year though have we? As a consumer I'm taking the only form of protest I can; not parting with my cash. I won't buy next year's either if they're just going to change it again after a year. I shall content myself with my simple claret and white bar scarf that never goes out of date  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2010, 13:14:55 pm »

This is so infuriating for me. I really love both Kits 4 and 11 but know we cant have both in the same season. Its going to have to come down to which one I want to buy more but I get the feeling that if I vote 4 and a different away kit I'll lose out either way. Therefore I'm thinking 10 and 11 but will leave it a few days to make sure thats what I want.

On the downside, I'm p*ssed off its still Errea too. The away shirt I bought this year is XXXL and still doesn't fit me properly! I'm not that f*cking fat you Italian b*stards!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2010, 17:34:26 pm »

This is so infuriating for me. I really love both Kits 4 and 11 but know we cant have both in the same season. Its going to have to come down to which one I want to buy more but I get the feeling that if I vote 4 and a different away kit I'll lose out either way. Therefore I'm thinking 10 and 11 but will leave it a few days to make sure thats what I want.

On the downside, I'm p*ssed off its still Errea too. The away shirt I bought this year is XXXL and still doesn't fit me properly! I'm not that f*cking fat you Italian b*stards!  Wink

No, but you might have a massive head.  My XL looks daft, but the L one nearly ripped when I tried to take it off.  I wonder what size Slowe needs.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2010, 07:28:30 am »

i was ready to vote till i saw that the shirts will be MAROON, what happened to CLARET.

The colour will be identical to this year.
Errea's colour description is maroon.....we call it claret.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2010, 09:09:35 am »

Hopefully that's a quirk of on-line colours that look different from the real thing...I do remember a kit a few years ago that was closer to pink than claret, it was awful so they MUST get the depth of claret correct, it's THE important shade for most fans.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2010, 10:49:25 am »

The colour will be identical to this year.
Errea's colour description is maroon.....we call it claret.
If  you're in a french restuarant and instead of a nice bottle of claret you get maroon, you wou'dn't be happy.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2010, 12:59:03 pm »

If  you're in a french restuarant and instead of a nice bottle of claret you get maroon, you wou'dn't be happy.

Agreed mate... but we're not.
The Maroon claret for last year is next years claret maroon...lol... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2010, 18:13:35 pm »

If you like Kit 11 ladies and gents, you need to make sure you vote for a home kit with CLARET sleeves or the FA will reject it.

Kit 11 for me is just awesome and takes me back to Morley, Hill and McPherson.....

VOTE KIT 11
VOTE KIT 11
VOTE KIT 11...(Plus a home kit with claret sleeves lol!) Grin

The 86/87 kit had Claret Sleeves.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2010, 20:23:54 pm »

Can someone copy and paste the link? I cant find it on the website...
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2010, 20:25:31 pm »

Kit 11 (away) is definitely the best, the trouble is in linking it with a home kit! Good set of choices.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2010, 20:26:34 pm »

Wish we could have 11 as home kit.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2010, 22:44:17 pm »

I have to admit I don't like any of the choices, they are all variations on a theme, and the bogey shirt is a green herring. Who actually designs the kits, and why can't they resist putting in silly detail? Is there anyone who actually likes little flashes of random colours for no apparent reason?
That's reminded me, who the f**k was responsible for the goalie kit? Orange with stars and moons - some religious cult?
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2010, 15:45:44 pm »

I have to admit I don't like any of the choices, they are all variations on a theme, and the bogey shirt is a green herring. Who actually designs the kits, and why can't they resist putting in silly detail? Is there anyone who actually likes little flashes of random colours for no apparent reason?
That's reminded me, who the f**k was responsible for the goalie kit? Orange with stars and moons - some religious cult?

The club has designated a Mr S.Wonder to design the kits Alton. He was appointed last year after the club recieved criticism for the sky blue debacle...

Since his appointment, the sales of shirts have continued to decline hence his continuation on the project.

The more negative the feedback the better he feels as total failure is the objective and he is well on the way to achieving zero sales for 2010/11 season.

The random colour flash implementation team have agreed that with sooooo many plain kits to choose from this season (and last) that they should be disbanded with immediate effect as clearly the kits with such detail has democratically been out voted. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: