The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:55:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

ricky holmes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ricky holmes  (Read 3037 times)
southseakid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: March 30, 2015, 06:51:11 am »

anybody want to give me a progress report on our x player and what position he is playing for you  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

John

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:15:52 am »

He's fucking brilliant and he's fucking everywhere. He's probably one of the best players we've had in the last decade, almost a one man team.

You need to ask yourself this, If you've got 11 better players the him, how the fuck are you 14th?
Report Spam   Logged

ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 07:17:06 am »

He's f***ing brilliant! If u have any more please send them our way.. PS what planet must your manager be on..? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 07:24:35 am »

He is proving jolly good at kicking the old pig's bladder. Any more of your reject chappies we can have?
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 07:31:00 am »

If we didn't have Holmes we would be lucky to be as high as 14th. Always had a soft spot for Pompey but it's more like pure love after you gave us Holmes. Pure quality.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 07:39:57 am »

anybody want to give me a progress report on our x player and what position he is playing for you  Huh?

Honestly, none of the comments above are a wind-up. I think that most NTFC fans can't believe there is a better player in L2. He plays as one of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, but with lots of freedom to roam, including on Saturday one memorable track back to right back, winning the ball, turning their forward and then bringing it forward 60 yards. Despite a late start, likely to be our player of the season by a mile and we are simply a different team without him. Amazing to think he was unwanted at a club lower in L2 than we are - thank you so, so much. I can't imagine how anyone could play with more energy and commitment than he does.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 07:49:00 am »

A couple of posts from recent game threads:
From the Bury match:
Pompey must have had a different player called Ricky Holmes.
He tackles, heads the ball, challenges and covers for the full backs when they get caught out of position.  All that is in addition to being hacked down at every chance by the opposition, who take it in turns so as not to get cautioned, because he is recognised as the major threat.  He runs at and takes on the opposition at every opportunity and also scores goals.  He wins penalties and free kicks by going down at the slightest touch if required.  His run from our 18 yard box to a dead end in their right back area and win the foul to release our pressure was excellent.

From the Luton match:
Ricky "the most technically gifted & skilful player we've had since Martin Smith" Holmes
That tracking back, before going on yet another dazzling run, in the second half was something else...
He shouldn't be playing in league 2 but thank fook he is (for now!)
Holmes tracking back to win the ball from their player who was in on goal, who had a good head start on Holmes and then turned with the ball and made up 50 yds the other way was a great and defining memory of the game. For that alone Holmes should be player of the year.  Every match I come away thinking what a plank Awford is for letting him go
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 07:55:27 am »

Honestly, none of the comments above are a wind-up. I think that most NTFC fans can't believe there is a better player in L2. He plays as one of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, but with lots of freedom to roam, including on Saturday one memorable track back to right back, winning the ball, turning their forward and then bringing it forward 60 yards. Despite a late start, likely to be our player of the season by a mile and we are simply a different team without him. Amazing to think he was unwanted at a club lower in L2 than we are - thank you so, so much. I can't imagine how anyone could play with more energy and commitment than he does.

You missed the part where, at the end of the 60 Yard run with the ball, he switched play a lovely 40 Yard, floated pass from one wing to the other. . . . . easily the best player I've seen this season in League 2. . . . I can't thank Pompey enough for sending him our way.
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 08:31:13 am »

I've been sending Awford emails for weeks about how Jed Wallace isn't up to the job either
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 08:42:28 am »

What can Awford have been thinking?

The last couple of times we saw Ricky playing for you against us had me and my mate green with envy. Imagine our joy when we heard you had loaned him to us? I presumed it was a kick up the arse loan for him thinking we'd have him for a month at most before he went back to you with a new lease of life. But... YOU LET US HAVE HIM!!! He was obviously either very unhappy and felt unwanted under Awford or he just loves the fresh start at Northampton and how the fans appreciate him so much here. Either way we just plain love the bloke.

Thank you Pompey.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 08:58:01 am »

To be fair he came in at the same time as a couple of others who have also influenced our progress.
Its not just his own ability though, which at times is breathtaking, he has also provided the glue for the whole team to perform better and he has recently commented on what a good dressing room atmosphere we now have.
If we can keep him and half a dozen others fit we will definitely get promotion next season.
( and thats coming from a cynical old Cobbler who is well used to false dawns)
Much obliged Pompey  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 09:32:51 am »

All 3 that came in January transformed our season, and until about a fornight ago I'd have said he was actually the last best of the (very good) trio. But after Luton... I honestly can't think of a game where one player stood out so much compared to everyone else.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:36 am »

What they said! Grin

Seriously: Commitment, work rate, reads the game so well, and (for this level) technically superb with a football at his feet. I know all players go off the boil at times, but since you gifted him to us he has been on fire, and an absolute joy to watch. Thank you Wink
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:03 am »

What a player...what a stand out performance....Ricky looks like steaming up the M O T M league table and rightly becoming PLAYER of the YEAR,  despite only being here for half the season.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
TbananaG

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:49 am »

Another thing I'd add: I can't remember when I last saw or heard someone who was just so damn delighted to be a professional footballer....and hugely complimentary about his team mates in his interview on Saturday too so seems like a real team man.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2533

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:42 pm »

He's fucking brilliant and he's fucking everywhere. He's probably one of the best players we've had in the last decade, almost a one man team.

You need to ask yourself this, If you've got 11 better players the him, how the fuck are you 14th?
Too much swearing I think choo choo xx
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 12:32:01 pm »

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=583915

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=583607

and the piece de resistance:  Grin

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=583518
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Stumpy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 12:52:58 pm »

you worzels aint got a clue. you wait until the noveltes worn off then youll see the real holmes. the moosh is a has been and a twot and was usefull for us at first but we soon saw what hes realy like
Anyway you always were and still are a second rate outfit with second rate palyers so cobblers to you lot
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 13:01:23 pm »

Oh dear - we start with a sensible request for a heads up on performance and finish with that.

Stumpy my friend - we have few illusions on our place in the football world but we can recognise class when we see it - fully understand form can come and go but looking at body language, not just performance and we are all optimistic.

Rather than the bile, better to concentrate your energies on getting that legend of a manager in to lead 2015/16 promotion campaign. 
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 13:34:48 pm »

Johnson will get them promoted guaranteed. Love it i really do. I hope he does go there as at least I will have some small consolation of seeing del boy back at Sixfields next season if we don't go up.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: