The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:50:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wycombe warning

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wycombe warning  (Read 3884 times)
Boggy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: April 20, 2015, 08:04:47 am »

So you have the pleasure of playing Wycombe at home on the last day of the season? Be warned. If you haven't noticed already, they are a bunch of talentless diving cheats, almost as bad as Stevenage. Their main ploy is for their players to feign injury every few minutes to con the ref into giving a foul, or just to break up play. Their players will fall to the ground clutching their heads, thighs, ankles or any other part of the anatomy that springs to mind, with alarming regularity. The defenders are the worst culprits, always trying to make out that they have been fouled or injured when they cannot win the ball or are about to be outpaced. If you have any influence at your club, make sure your management team are aware of this (they must be already, such is Wycombe's reputation) and draw it to their attention. Make sure they warn the ref in advance too. It's just amazing how gullible they are and how easily they can be fooled.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:19:46 am »

Tell us something we don't know
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:20:27 am »

Who are you, where are you from, why are you revealing this information and what benefit will you hope to gain from providing it you little tinker you?  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 10:42:32 am »

What Bri said.

Their fans are a load of whinging ponces too.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 11:45:37 am »

I reckon it's David flitcroft or Phil brown. At least we cannot get the ref from the game at their place he has retired after an injury at Oxford!
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 11:51:54 am »

Hopefully not the inept ref from the Stevenage game either.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:55:25 pm »

You'd have to have a little bit of sympathy for them if we keep them down, "talentless diving cheats" or not, after last season and being up in the auto spots pretty much all the way this time out. But not much, obviously. It's a nice close awayday and personally speaking I'd much rather go there than Bury.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 21:14:55 pm by Monty » Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 14:46:16 pm »

I too would rather bury go up this season in the auto spaces, mostly because they have chucked a lot of money at it this season and imagine they would do the same next. I see wycombe falling back next season to mid table if they don't go up. Plus I seriously dislike ainsworth!
Report Spam   Logged
Aloadofcobblers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 15:30:01 pm »

I will admit I am not completely impartial being a Wycombe supporter, but will try and bring a little balance to the thread. At times our football is not pretty, but after nearly dropping out of the league last season, this season has been a shock for everybody, not least the wycombe fans.

As has been well documented we have the smallest squad in all four divisions, without the luxury of a reserve or youth team to call on. At least 7 times this season we have not been able to name a full bench, and as the season has progressed the small squad is finally starting to hit us, with players starting games if we completely honest who are not 100% fit.

If any opposition supporter were to look back on the stats for the last two games, you will see we have made 2 substitutions before half time. Now is this tactical genius of Graham Taylor, or maybe where these players genuinely hurt, I will let you decide.

I will admit we are guilty of slowing the play down, but feigning injury no worse than any other team.

While I would like to think we can still go up, in reality I believe Bury will, and Southend via the play offs, the players give 100% week in week out, but when you are not 100% fit, this is not enough, in a league where in reality there is not a huge gap between the best and worst.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 16:17:41 pm »

I've only seen Wycombe once this season and have to be honest, their antics were terrible.

If it works though...
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 16:29:58 pm »

They were the same last season too but we can't be dragged into playing their type of game.

Shame because from what I remember they used to be a reasonable 'footballing' side.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 16:54:46 pm »

Graham Taylor?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 18:21:11 pm »

Fair post from the Wycombe fan...though seemingly getting more than their fair share of Fergie time another dupping trait!
Report Spam   Logged
WycombeExile

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 20:51:41 pm »

My Fellow Wycombe fan has some facts wrong. Its 18, yes 18 games without filling the bench this season. sometimes only 4 available.
Our form attracted the Vultures and we lost two players in January. Cowan-Hall to Millwall and Scowen to Barnsley. We had no option to sell as we needed the money to see out the season. We are that skint! More than you can ever imagine.
 Ainsworth has somehow moulded a team and a pressing game that has suited us this season. Its actually remarkable that we have been been able to compete. We have no youth team, no reserves, and no future of them on the horizon in the future. We have 14 players available at the moment for Saturday as we speak thanks to Injuries and a suspension. Two of those 14 are kids who have never played in the football league before. It was always a gamble to go into a season with such a small squad and injuries are finally catching us up. But its been a season above all other seasons in recent years to marvel at what we have achieved and if we pull of promotion then it will be deserved cos that's where we have finished. Finally its out of out own hands, well lets see what tomorrow brings with Bury v Southend, but at least we will have 2nd go in the play offs. On our day we will beat anybody in this division, we have taken 4 points off Shrewsbury, Luton, Bury, Southend. Only Burton have got he better of us. We have only lost twice away from home. We are not spoilers or cheats, anymore than any other side in this division, but for some reason its portrayed that way.
I well remember your troubles in the early 90's and thought a club like yours would understand our predicament, and maybe realise that we must be achieving miracles with what we have on offer instead of giving out such unjustified stick. We are not a bad bunch at all.   
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 21:23:39 pm »

What Bri said.

Their fans are a load of whinging ponces too.

You have a good memory. I vaguely recall that Wycombe tubby tyke giving us grief after our 3-1 win a few years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 21:48:27 pm »

My Fellow Wycombe fan has some facts wrong. Its 18, yes 18 games without filling the bench this season. sometimes only 4 available.
Our form attracted the Vultures and we lost two players in January. Cowan-Hall to Millwall and Scowen to Barnsley. We had no option to sell as we needed the money to see out the season. We are that skint! More than you can ever imagine.
 Ainsworth has somehow moulded a team and a pressing game that has suited us this season. Its actually remarkable that we have been been able to compete. We have no youth team, no reserves, and no future of them on the horizon in the future. We have 14 players available at the moment for Saturday as we speak thanks to Injuries and a suspension. Two of those 14 are kids who have never played in the football league before. It was always a **** to go into a season with such a small squad and injuries are finally catching us up. But its been a season above all other seasons in recent years to marvel at what we have achieved and if we pull of promotion then it will be deserved cos that's where we have finished. Finally its out of out own hands, well lets see what tomorrow brings with Bury v Southend, but at least we will have 2nd go in the play offs. On our day we will beat anybody in this division, we have taken 4 points off Shrewsbury, Luton, Bury, Southend. Only Burton have got he better of us. We have only lost twice away from home. We are not spoilers or cheats, anymore than any other side in this division, but for some reason its portrayed that way.
I well remember your troubles in the early 90's and thought a club like yours would understand our predicament, and maybe realise that we must be achieving miracles with what we have on offer instead of giving out such unjustified stick. We are not a bad bunch at all.   

You spent a lot of time writing all that out... No one cares! Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 08:24:34 am »

Going on recent memory over the last few meetings between us I can safely say you are worse than most of the other teams for antics, feigning injury, players giving grief to fans etc.

If we had to 'appreciate' other teams because of what we went through in the 90s there wouldn't be many lower league teams left to dislike and where's the fun in that?

Wycombe has the best away stand in league 2 and for that I want them to stay down for us to use again next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 09:10:21 am »

Wycombe has the best away stand in league 2 and for that I want them to stay down for us to use again next season.

You must be having a laugh - 4 toilets and one food stall for 2,000 people does not a good day make!

Good beer tent though.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:53 am »

Good beer tent though.

Bit of a village atmosphere in the bier tent...  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 12:40:57 pm »

You must be having a laugh - 4 toilets and one food stall for 2,000 people does not a good day make!

Good beer tent though.

Ok i'll rephrase, Its one of my favourite away days of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: