The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 09:33:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Panic on the streets of MK?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panic on the streets of MK?  (Read 2616 times)
County Cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 10:17:18 am »

No way should we let MK share Sixfields.
One scenario could be Luton merging or moving in to the stadium!......discuss!
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 13:55:07 pm »

No way should we let MK share Sixfields.
One scenario could be Luton merging or moving in to the stadium!......discuss!
Grin That could never happen, Lu-on fans have an unhealthy obsession with MKdongs and blame them for stealing their fans in Bedford, Leighton buzzard and most north bedfordshire areas which seem to have succumbed to winkleman's free tickets over at the frannies new stadium
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 18:59:41 pm »

Franchise fans turning on Winkle. Love it !  Grin

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=422&start=10
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 14:36:20 pm »

Seen the away following they took to Notts? F*ckin laughable!
Report Spam   Logged
dave

View Profile
Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 14:42:11 pm »

No
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 19:17:30 pm »

No

Nor could the players  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 19:32:33 pm »

322 !  Pathetic indeed....the total crowd was not much better though at 5172.  Whats happened to Notts 8000/9000 crowds in League 2?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Realale

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 08:05:24 am »

Sums them up when some turncoat twat says 'I would still be watching Luton in the Blue Square if not for Winkleman'.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 10:20:35 am »

Say no to franchise football.

Let em die
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 18:20:46 pm »

I was dragged out Christmas Shopping at Centre MK today & I passed the MK Dons stall & they were selling all sorts of gear & at a fair rate.
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 19:04:13 pm »

Was told by a mkDons fan that things are not well over in Bletchley with 25 million bank loan, poor squad, gates plummeting, two million a year losses and future revenues from World cup venue now gone East.     They're worried that the bank could call in the debt which would mean the great white incomplete elephant of ground would be knocked down, as it stands on very valuble land, ripe for future developments. So worried are they that contingency plans are in place if this doomsday senario was to befall the Franchised club, and Northampton's Sixfields Stadium would be thier choice of temporary home, according to this concerned mkDons fan.
Not sure how bad things are over there, but 50k a year rent would come in handy. Evil

What terrible news  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 19:30:24 pm »

I would soil myself with laughter if this did turn out to be true.  I wouldn't like to see any team go out of business.  No matter who they are, non-league minnows, local rivals, anyone. Well, anyone but MK.  For me they represent everything that's wrong in the game today and, on a wider scale, everything wrong with society.  They are the epitome of the I-want-it-now-and-I-don't-want-to-work-for-it attitude, the belief that everyone is entitled to something they haven't earned.  They should never have been allowed to take Wimbledon's league place and for me that remains the most shameful thing the FA has ever done.

F*ck them.  If they do happen to go under (and sadly I don't think they will), I for one will be happy to dance on their grave.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 19:59:49 pm »

If a wrecking ball does get taken to Stadium:MKdongs I think I'm gonna go and watch  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 22:48:15 pm »

I think I would rather they didn't go out of business just started the inevitable decline down the leagues. After all a fan base built on freebies and a promotion season are not going to be sticking around for long. That is the beauty of history. When all the fans are new they will not all put up with the s*** that most hardcore (stupid) of us do. Look at Luton and Oxford both traditional clubs that did not lose alot of support in the conference. Then look at Diamonds, as soon as their upward spiral reversed their fans left and now they average 1k home fans (ish)
I would love to see the plastics in the same league as AFC next year would be better than them going out of business.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 08:14:22 am »

I think I would rather they didn't go out of business just started the inevitable decline down the leagues. After all a fan base built on freebies and a promotion season are not going to be sticking around for long. That is the beauty of history. When all the fans are new they will not all put up with the s*** that most hardcore (stupid) of us do. Look at Luton and Oxford both traditional clubs that did not lose alot of support in the conference. Then look at Diamonds, as soon as their upward spiral reversed their fans left and now they average 1k home fans (ish)
I would love to see the plastics in the same league as AFC next year would be better than them going out of business.

Agree, let them have a slow and painful death...................... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
DustCobb

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 08:16:06 am »

Yep i'm with those wishing for a slow and painful death.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 09:23:57 am »

I could have years of pleasure rather than just an "amazing day"
Got to be better
Report Spam   Logged
fatblokecobbler

We all follow the cobblers.................

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 20:24:20 pm »

Yeah slow and painful sounds good to me  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"She stripped to the beat but her clothes stay on."
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 20:33:08 pm »

I also agree slow and painful. With a drubbing from us as we briefly pass in the leagues
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 22:13:19 pm »

Attendances are well and truly on the slide.....

2008/9   28/12/08  Home v Southend  Att 10,432
2009/10  26/12/09  Home v Stockport  Att 9,661
2010/11  26/12/10  Home v Bournemouth  Att 7,638
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: