The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 22:49:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer signings/rumours/realistic targets 2015

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer signings/rumours/realistic targets 2015  (Read 150689 times)
Coblerzz

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2015, 10:57:56 am »

Look I only made a comment on Archer, he is going to Milwall so do not need a big discussion.

I do not agree with the Diamond and Cresswell issue, both have proven themselves to be top end of League two standard. Cresswell was at the top of the table with Bury / Rotherham / Southend / Fleetwood.

Diamond has also been top end of League two as was a main stay in Burtons team. However they did decide to replace him with Mousinho who is an improvement. However we are still after a center half so a lot depends on who we bring in.

I just hope our defensive record will improve with Taylor in the side, and some of the players having a full pre-season together.

I appreciate and accept we do not have the quickest center backs but to be honest it isnt like we concede a lot of goals purely down to a lack of pace we seem to gift teams goals at times.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:59:54 am by Coblerzz » Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2015, 11:07:53 am »

Diamond has also been top end of League two as was a main stay in Burtons team. However they did decide to replace him with Mousinho who is an improvement. However we are still after a center half so a lot depends on who we bring in.

Nice bit of tunnel-vision there.

Mousinho happened to play against us at CB because of multiple injuries at Burton, that hasn't been his position before or since.  In absolutely no way was he a replacement for Diamond.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:07 am »

Mousinho is a midfielder?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:20 am »

I just hope our defensive record will improve with Taylor in the side, and some of the players having a full pre-season together.

the same taylor who played this season when we were conceding goals, or are we signing a different one?!
Report Spam   Logged
Coblerzz

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2015, 11:27:45 am »

Mousinho is a midfielder?

On sky against Stevenage before end of season was center half, and they commented about how he has played the full season their.

He also played both games against us at Center Half.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:20 pm »

I have always thought he was a midfielder, he scores a few goals aswell
Report Spam   Logged

Ectonteynfan

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2015, 15:17:23 pm »

Didn't Ian sharps replace diamond
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2015, 15:34:54 pm »

I'm sure that half the f***wits on here and on twitter, told me that Nicholls would play for England in a few years, after he left? Strange how he's not even good enough for L1!
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2015, 16:28:45 pm »

DUKE played 31 games - conceding 33 games.

Over the course of a season that would equate to 49 goals.

ARCHER and JAHAL played 15 games - conceding 30 games.

Over the course of a season that would equate to 92 goals.

Im sorry but its not blatantly obvious what the issue was for the bulk of last season, there is little point in trying to debate it!

Diamond and Creswell combined lack pace...we do need a quicker defensive option but Wilder hinted at playing 3 at the back and with our two wing backs already in place we have the makings of an excellent defensive shape, both defensively and offensively.

Key signings in this order:

(1) Keeper.
(2) Another lump up front to compete with Richards. Take as intended by the use of term lump!
(3) An additional centre back, and one whom is left footed.

If it was up to me...which clearly it isn't ( Grin) I would proportion the budget in that order. In other words, we desperately need a really decent keeper (who will cost £££) whereas we could probably get away with a moderately paid young centre back who would compliment Creswell, Diamond or both. If money is an issue.

Wilder may be looking to get a top keeper in on a years loan, which would save cash..after all its him thats got to juggle the numbers. Im basing the above on permanent signings.

Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2015, 08:41:48 am »

would probably agree with the above

then add full back cover and a centre midfielder and its job done.

Report Spam   Logged
Coblerzz

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 28, 2015, 10:34:46 am »

Everyone is rightly so concerned about our defence. However we have to break it down.

Everyone is critical of the Cresswell and Diamond partnership however it hardly happened last year. Diamond only managed to start 18 games, and some of those where with Collins.

Left Back: Robertson / Newey / Horwood / Stevens / Collins. Having a mixed back 4 doesnt help anyone, but injuries to pretty much all of them kept each other out of the team.

Right Back : Tozer / Alfei / Maloney, same as above mixed back 4 does not help etc.

Goalkeepers: Jalal / Archer / Duke, same as above.

Also throughout the year we did not really have any sort of defensive midfielder in the lineup, until Taylor came into the squad.

I think fitness didnt help, as most of the new boys had not been playing at there teams previous Maloney / Taylor / Holmes etc, with a full pre season they will be much fitter.

We had to change our team a lot during the course of the season as we had injuries and to be honest some poor players. I dont want to blame put the blame on anyone, but now we seem to have a much more settled line up with Maloney being signed etc. We carried a lot of players last year that took up the budget, now that they are gone we can now bring in quality.

Report Spam   Logged
Coblerzz

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 28, 2015, 10:48:29 am »

Nice bit of tunnel-vision there.

Mousinho happened to play against us at CB because of multiple injuries at Burton, that hasn't been his position before or since.  In absolutely no way was he a replacement for Diamond.

The lack of knowledge of this league is somewhat scary.

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/england/burton-albion-fc/764/

On there click the i button on any of the games, it shows Mousinho played Center Back, along side Cansdell-Sheriff most of the season.

Please do your research before commenting, it only takes 1 minute.

Mousinho predominately has been a center midfielder, but this year utilized differently.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2015, 11:17:32 am »

My contention was with the fact that you claimed Diamond was replaced by Mousinho which is simply untrue.  They signed Mousinho as a midfielder and Hasselbaink (not even Rowett) since turned him into a regular centre-back.

Splitting hairs though - this is a deeply unimportant issue!

Report Spam   Logged
Coblerzz

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

My contention was with the fact that you claimed Diamond was replaced by Mousinho which is simply untrue.  They signed Mousinho as a midfielder and Hasselbaink (not even Rowett) since turned him into a regular centre-back.

Splitting hairs though - this is a deeply unimportant issue!

You are correct it is splitting hairs.

Its just that you have massively backtracked from your previous comment.

"Mousinho happened to play against us at CB because of multiple injuries at Burton, that hasn't been his position before or since."

Best to leave it there.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2015, 12:16:09 pm »

Everyone is rightly so concerned about our defence. However we have to break it down.

Everyone is critical of the Cresswell and Diamond partnership however it hardly happened last year. Diamond only managed to start 18 games, and some of those where with Collins.

Left Back: Robertson / Newey / Horwood / Stevens / Collins. Having a mixed back 4 doesnt help anyone, but injuries to pretty much all of them kept each other out of the team.

Right Back : Tozer / Alfei / Maloney, same as above mixed back 4 does not help etc.

Goalkeepers: Jalal / Archer / Duke, same as above.

Also throughout the year we did not really have any sort of defensive midfielder in the lineup, until Taylor came into the squad.

I think fitness didnt help, as most of the new boys had not been playing at there teams previous Maloney / Taylor / Holmes etc, with a full pre season they will be much fitter.

We had to change our team a lot during the course of the season as we had injuries and to be honest some poor players. I dont want to blame put the blame on anyone, but now we seem to have a much more settled line up with Maloney being signed etc. We carried a lot of players last year that took up the budget, now that they are gone we can now bring in quality.

the back 4 were settled towards the end of the season, and taylor played in front of them, and our form was terrible.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2015, 12:59:25 pm »

New signing to be announced at 3pm today.
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2015, 13:15:04 pm »

I hope it's Bayo.
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2015, 13:17:29 pm »

New signing to be announced at 3pm today.

Not a GK or FWD according to Jeremy Casey....
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2015, 13:24:17 pm »

left back
Report Spam   Logged
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2015, 13:28:44 pm »

left back