The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:55:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hes selling yee ha

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hes selling yee ha  (Read 19969 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2015, 16:38:57 pm »

What the fook do Indians know about footy?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2015, 17:28:41 pm »

What did / does DC know about football?
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2015, 17:34:49 pm »

What did / does DC know about football?

Sure he was a West Ham fan.  He was born in the right area
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/search/results?sourcecategory=life%20events%20(bmds)&collection=births%20utf0026%20baptisms&datasetname=england%20utf0026%20wales%20births%201837-2006&lastname=cardoza&firstname=david&firstname_variants=true
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2015, 17:39:45 pm »

Lol, Genes Reunited now.........??!!  See, how difficult would it be for the Chronicle to carry out a proper investigation?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2015, 19:11:51 pm »

Genuine questions for all the Kojaks on here:

1. Exactly how stupid do you think DC is?
2. What exactly do you think he's been trying to achieve for the past twelve years? What do you believe to have been his ultimate end game?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2015, 19:21:06 pm »

Genuine questions for all the Kojaks on here:

1. Exactly how stupid do you think DC is?
2. What exactly do you think he's been trying to achieve for the past twelve years? What do you believe to have been his ultimate end game?

1. Pretty stupid!
2. I think he spotted the potential of the club AND development of the land all that time ago.....thats what he's been trying to acheive all that time isn't it? His ultimate end game would have been to make more money then he has spent, and to unlock the potential of that land, tie up a deal with the council and get the job done. All of which begs the question.....when, after 12 years and you being so close to your ultimate end game.....why sell up now?!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2015, 19:27:22 pm »

Was expecting an Alf Garnett sketch!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2015, 09:01:49 am »

Yeah, personally I'd be really happy if we we were relegated and finished 9th in the league below (the conference) after replacing a competent manager with a rank amateur and posting losses in the tens of millions....

There are owners who know little about football and there are owners who know nothing about football. I just hope we haven't leapt from the frying pan into the fire.
             My point to the letter, well said!
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2015, 13:22:50 pm »

At the end of all this, DC bought us when Franchise FC weren't down the road. Is it a coincidence that our crowds have past their peak since those days and hover at around 4-4.5K on a nice sunny day, guess we lost a few and reduced our catchment area.

I would think even ex R+D have no interest in us the way things are now.

I blame the FA and Football League...Well at least its a new party to blame...That was our chance, and those days with the potential extra fans are gone.
No need for a big new ground...just be a Darlington...no one within 50 seats of each other.

Can I have  Lamb Biriyani in my hospitality box please when its finished.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #229 on: June 29, 2015, 14:00:16 pm »

At the end of all this, DC bought us when Franchise FC weren't down the road. Is it a coincidence that our crowds have past their peak since those days and hover at around 4-4.5K on a nice sunny day, guess we lost a few and reduced our catchment area.

I blame the FA and Football League...Well at least its a new party to blame...That was our chance, and those days with the potential extra fans are gone.
No need for a big new ground...just be a Darlington...no one within 50 seats of each other.

Why is it the FA/FL's fault that DC and NTFC as a whole failed to react accordingly to a major competitor to our fan base landing on our doorstep?
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2015, 15:27:44 pm »

http://www.forbes.com/india-billionaires/

Anyone of these would be good.
Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #231 on: June 29, 2015, 16:03:49 pm »

Not having that, if man city and man united can thrive in the same city, and liverpool and everton can coexist in pretty much the same street then we shouldn't have any concerns about mk nicking potential fans. There are plenty of casual football fans in town who'd turn up more regularly if we had a bit of success or some big matches. We filled the ground when we needed to stay up against Oxford ffs.
Report Spam   Logged

Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2015, 16:35:47 pm »

Not having that, if man city and man united can thrive in the same city, and liverpool and everton can coexist in pretty much the same street then we shouldn't have any concerns about mk nicking potential fans. There are plenty of casual football fans in town who'd turn up more regularly if we had a bit of success or some big matches. We filled the ground when we needed to stay up against Oxford ffs.

Basic fact: New team higher status, pulls more punters...so simple, we lost it from FA..That was our growth and investment potential,
does that add up? All gone and firk franchic=se Fc make premier ship one day...that should have been us...It was there for the taking.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #233 on: June 29, 2015, 16:45:53 pm »

MK will get to the prem because they have the backing to do it.
When they do they will be better supported than Wimbledon ever were.
The FA cannot be blamed for NTFC not having the backing to be successful.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2015, 16:52:17 pm »

Why is it the FA/FL's fault that DC and NTFC as a whole failed to react accordingly to a major competitor to our fan base landing on our doorstep?

Because only a few cared...and knew the end result would be NTFC, reduced catchment area, so fewer fans. Better Football?
We have had 3 wembley gigs,
First 2 very good, last one...err very poor, all gone to Franchise Fc?

You guys choose..basic maths we lose they go Franchise fc.
 Dont want argue...just have open discussion here..Or do you have webbed toes?
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2015, 16:58:58 pm »

MK will get to the prem because they have the backing to do it.
When they do they will be better supported than Wimbledon ever were.
The FA cannot be blamed for NTFC not having the backing to be successful.

Too All:

My Major point is that it should have be  stopped at START.
Ok Mr poster enjoy your time at Franchise Fc in the Prem.

The FA can be blamed for allowing a one off change..one timer...fkk us

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2015, 17:17:01 pm »

On my own a good chance I won't go to MK for any game.
Very good chance I will take my children to the League cup game at MK though.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest1269

« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2015, 18:12:52 pm »

I can't stand MK and the football authorities were spineless in allowing it to go through - but you have to respect the long term MK plan - from outcasts playing in a hockey stadium in front of a couple of thousand to where they are now and of course still going forward.

.......but our fortune (or lack of it) is down to us, & any MK downside (which I still think is small) could have easily been countered with a plan even half as ambitious as theirs.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2015, 18:47:41 pm »

I can't stand MK and the football authorities were spineless in allowing it to go through - but you have to respect the long term MK plan - from outcasts playing in a hockey stadium in front of a couple of thousand to where they are now and of course still going forward.

.......but our fortune (or lack of it) is down to us, & any MK downside (which I still think is small) could have easily been countered with a plan even half as ambitious as theirs.

Agreed. Love them or loathe them, you can't deny MK operate as a structured business.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 29, 2015, 20:00:25 pm »

This is just guess work but the company involved with the development of St Edmonds Hospital are mainly of Indian origin, as mentioned by DC that the possible buyers were interested in developing around the town and not just Sixfields so could that be the link?

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/01261231

If it is them I wouldn't be getting the party poppers out just yet as I don't think they are the billionaires most are hoping for
Its already been mentioned mate.

Bloke down the pub told me 100 per cent, that it was the same consortium, that was previously overseeing the redevelopment of St Edmunds Hospital.
He had overdosed on the cider though...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: