The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:33:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Adam Smith

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam Smith  (Read 8926 times)
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2015, 17:02:48 pm »

Won't be attending a single game whilst this bloke is being paid by the club.

Embarrassing.

Don't you believe in giving people a second chance, players have been taken back by clubs for a lot worse !!

By the way Sc***horpe have signed Tom Hopper - one of the others who was sacked for the same incident.
Report Spam   Logged
STEVIEG

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2015, 18:07:23 pm »

For goodness sake, get over it.

He didnt break the law and was punished and humiliated anyway.

Hes our goalkeeper and i will be supportive of him from the first game. I think most normal fans will do the same.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2015, 18:10:24 pm »

For goodness sake, get over it.

He didnt break the law and was punished and humiliated anyway.

Hes our goalkeeper and i will be supportive of him from the first game. I think most normal fans will do the same.

This!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
boblarkin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2015, 20:20:57 pm »

Adam Smith is the founder of the science (?) of economics.

With all that is going on (or not going on) at Sixfields I reckon he would be more use at Sixfields than a young keeper with a past.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2015, 21:06:06 pm »

so this goalie has made a mistake. so what  we have all done that. As I have said before.'He who has never made a mistake, has never made anything'.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 21:27:41 pm »

Embarrassing.

Fair play - your moral compass and sticking with your principles - I would draw the line at Lee Hughes but for this one I think not unreasonable.
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 21:37:25 pm »

Embarrassing.

I respect your opinion but what you seem to forget is you're talking about your football team. There has been far worst things in life and at our club. If you don't want to watch then I say it's your loss. Our club once employed a guy who was disciplined for sticking a banana up an apprentices @rse so I'm surprised you ever attend games. 
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2015, 07:25:49 am »

so this goalie has made a mistake.

Oh no, its Chris Dunn/Nathan Abbey all over again!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2015, 10:51:00 am »

I respect your opinion but what you seem to forget is you're talking about your football team. There has been far worst things in life and at our club. If you don't want to watch then I say it's your loss. Our club once employed a guy who was disciplined for sticking a banana up an apprentices @rse so I'm surprised you ever attend games. 

Exactly.  However wrong / indecent you think of his actions - he has not been prosecuted.   NTFC have in the first employed players with convictions for drink driving, had someone convicted of assault after signing etc etc.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2015, 10:59:08 am »

Embarrassing.

Why did you attend games when Lee Collins was playing then? Are you saying being involved in a sex video is worse than being convicted for assault and given a suspended jail sentance? Pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2015, 11:29:20 am »

This!!
Do you mean you wholeheartedly agree with the above statement?  Cheesy
+1!
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:59 am »

So Adam Smith gets his instant second chance despite his part in a sordid if legal incident that has ultimately cost Nigel Pearson his job. It's political correctness gone mad: how are young people supposed to learn anything if they are constantly protected from the consequences of their actions and others take the hit for them?!
Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2015, 08:14:15 am »

So Adam Smith gets his instant second chance despite his part in a sordid if legal incident that has ultimately cost Nigel Pearson his job. It's political correctness gone mad: how are young people supposed to learn anything if they are constantly protected from the consequences of their actions and others take the hit for them?!

Pearson lost his job because he didn't want to sack his son and this caused a break-down in the relationship with the board.
So since you agree that they shouldn't be given another chance you are actually agreeing that Pearson should of been sacked?

Or do you just post this first thing that pops into your mind after reading one sentence on the BBC?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2015, 08:16:03 am »

who gives a flying f***

pearson has been involved in a number of ridiculous and embarrassing incidents for the club and i think the owners have had enough.

Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2015, 08:37:56 am »

pearson has been involved in a number of ridiculous and embarrassing incidents for the club and i think the owners have had enough.

That's true, and the fact that he kept his job despite those incidents suggests that, for football reasons, the board really didn't want to sack him. Also true that the incident that proved the final straw was not something that he did himself and if that hadn't happened it's likely he'd still be employed. Anyway, given that what could have been a discussion has turned instantly into a slanging match, again, I'm off.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2015, 09:01:48 am »

"Political correctness gone mad"

From what I've read on this Adam Smith he strikes me as an honestly repentant young lad that regrets his actions and is thankful for a second chance. He's just a kid and he deserves a second chance in my opinion.

I'm sure he'll grasp it with both hands so to speak.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2015, 09:28:05 am »

Whilst I totally agree about being responsible for your actions, I'm not sure he has been protected from consequences and I don't understand the point on either political correctness or others taking the hit for him - his actions were publically exposed and he was sacked from a top flight club - he (as Relap mentioned) sounds genuinely apologetic and is rebuilding his career at the lowest professional level, most likely as number 2 choice keeper.

I say give the guy a break and move on.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2015, 10:03:12 am »

He's lost his place at a premiership club. Took what I'd imagine us a significant wage cut and faced the ignominy of having to own up in public that he was a total c*ck and apologised profusely.

Not good enough for you though. So what do you suggest happens to him? What would expect of him now? A lifetime of unemployment? Public flogging? What?

The more I read of your comments, the more I worry that you are in imminent danger of being crushed by that huge halo hovering above you head.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2015, 10:24:44 am »

He's lost his place at a premiership club. Took what I'd imagine us a significant wage cut and faced the ignominy of having to own up in public that he was a total c*ck and apologised profusely.

Not good enough for you though. So what do you suggest happens to him? What would expect of him now? A lifetime of unemployment? Public flogging? What?

The more I read of your comments, the more I worry that you are in imminent danger of being crushed by that huge halo hovering above you head.

"The more I read of your comments, the more I worry that you are in imminent danger of being crushed by that huge halo hovering above you head"
Good one! Grin

A sort of Joan of Arc figure then!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2015, 11:35:57 am »

I think in industries like sport, music and films the public are more willing to give them a second, third and fourth chance because we hope they can give us something back. We all hope Adam Smith is a keeper that can help us get promoted with match winning saves. If it was politician, city banker or a bus driver we would not want them getting a second chance.
Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: