The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:50:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Trust. Are you still there??

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trust. Are you still there??  (Read 12970 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2015, 19:33:38 pm »

Makes it all the more stranger that now is the time Cardoza decided to run walk away!

Because he royally screwed up phase 1 and hasn't got the money to bring it to fruition?
He openly said he wanted a partner but they obviously wanted the whole pie.
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2015, 19:51:12 pm »

We;ve had open forums, and the last one someone did have the balls to stand up and question but he was fed a line by the Chairman and shouted down by the happy clappers.

I'd love to know what the bloke who had a pop at me for asking those questions and telling DC we should sing his name more often thinks now  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2015, 20:06:03 pm »

I'd love to know what the bloke who had a pop at me for asking those questions and telling DC we should sing his name more often thinks now  Grin Grin

Neverbright still thinks the same!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2015, 20:08:02 pm »

Neverbright still thinks the same!!

It was probably him
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2015, 21:14:55 pm »

It was probably him
TBF Everbrite is one of the biggest morons on this board so you're probably right  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2015, 22:23:21 pm »

Can anyone from the trust deny that at the trust open forum that I attended in the guildhall when I asked why the trust were not asking more searching questions of the board the reply was that they didn't want to rock the boat and upset DC.

Report Spam   Logged
MD

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2015, 22:54:55 pm »

Can anyone from the trust deny that at the trust open forum that I attended in the guildhall when I asked why the trust were not asking more searching questions of the board the reply was that they didn't want to rock the boat and upset DC.

Good post, and precisely why whilst i recognise that the trust is made up of well meaning volunteers, to me they appear more focussed on arranging car boots etc than the fundamental reason for their being... a 'stewardship' role that seeks to ensure proper governance of the club through having a voice on the board. It's their job to ask difficult questions and upset DC, even before all this mess with the stadium and takeover!!

As an aside, and reading on Facebook tonight that the trust have called for a board meeting of NTFC (which incidentally the timing of which coincides with this thread starting up again today), if Andy Clarke doesn't get the answers he has asked from the NTFC Board then I'd strongly recommend him to resign his position as a statutory director of NTFC, or as a minimum take legal advice as to whether he should do so in the specific circumstances. As a company director myself, if critical info was withheld from me (which may or may not be the case here) then I'd be questioning if I was able to fulfil my fiduciary legal duties in such circumstances (and resigning immediately if not). Arguably, the 'voice' of the Trust could be more impactful if such strong action were taken too imho.

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2015, 23:23:47 pm »

For a start it wasn't an Open Forum, it was a Trust board meeting and you have quoted things before that were said by other guests at that meeting NOT Trust board members.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2015, 06:30:51 am »

For a start it wasn't an Open Forum, it was a Trust board meeting and you have quoted things before that were said by other guests at that meeting NOT Trust board members.

Rog, we should be past "he said, she said" hairsplitting debates. MD has got it spot on: Andy Clarke should request an emergency board meeting and set a very short and strict deadline for it. If the request is declined, he should resign immediately to protect his personal position and issue a press release stating the reasons for so doing. This would have the effect of putting this right in the public eye and the media. 
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2015, 06:48:11 am »

Are people aware that ANYONE can join the trust? And therefore attempt to influence it by, you know, actually doing more than posting on an internet forum?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
MD

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2015, 07:25:41 am »

Are people aware that ANYONE can join the trust? And therefore attempt to influence it by, you know, actually doing more than posting on an internet forum?

Fully respect that, and admire the commitment that trust members voluntarily put in - personally I wouldn't have the time to do so. I went to 2 meetings years ago (in my younger days when I had more time!) to see if I wanted to get more involved but decided the 'cause' wasn't really for me - the talk was all about car boots and fundraising (all valid and good things to do) but no mention about anything going on at the club.

I don't want to knock the positive things the trust do, but personally I get the impression that their reason for being has been forgotten somewhere along the line. Feels like their questioning of the board is somewhat 'after the horse has bolted'!  That said, what the trust does offer though is a focal point for fans to rally behind if the proverbial hits the fan, so one day (I sincerely hope not soon) it might become much more relevant again.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2015, 07:33:40 am »

If the request for an NTFC board meeting is met with silence, I expect Andy Clarke to resign his position on the board and publicly declare a position of no confidence in the leadership of the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2015, 07:48:38 am »

I am aware anyone CAN join the trust and from memory at the guildhall meeting where forum members were invited to attend members or not (hence my term open forum) I was handed a slip where from memory a fifty pound fee would have been asked for to join(this may have been a lifetime membership from memory).
Fact is I was keen to pay but after hearing a trust MEMBER claim they didn't want to rock the boat and upset DC I decided the organisation wasn't worth two Bob.

In fairness they are good people with good intentions and can run a car boot sale but in my opinion lack the backbone to truly represent the ntfc fan base and as such are not fit for purpose and should be disbanded.
After all and correct me if I'm wrong on this but as I see it one of the trust members has become entangled and legally complicit in the redevelopments tangled web by signing legal documents when asked by the cardozas.
Now there may be no case to answer and no activity of an illegal nature may have taken place regards the redevelopment but if at a later date it transpires there are legal questions to answer naivety on the part of the trust rep regards the signing of legal documents will be no defence whatsoever.
So in a nutshell even if the trust are not willing to ask questions of the board would it not be prudent to see where they stand legally as a trust given that they are now complicit by having a member sign documents when asked to.
Can they tell the supporters exactly what has been signed and where it leaves the trust legally and whether only the trust rep signing the documents can be implemented in any future investigation IF irregularities are found(let's hope to god not) and that as a trust representative the trust itself may be implicated.
Not acting in the supporters best interests is one thing.
Holding car boots and quizzes another.
But I'd suggest finding out the trusts legal standing given their role in signing legal documents is their one major aim at the moment.
At a time when any answers are hard to come by I take it the football club trust WILL be able to reassure fans as to what has gone on from their end and allay any future concerns regards this going forward.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2015, 09:08:15 am »

I am aware anyone CAN join the trust and from memory at the guildhall meeting where forum members were invited to attend members or not (hence my term open forum) I was handed a slip where from memory a fifty pound fee would have been asked for to join(this may have been a lifetime membership from memory).
Fact is I was keen to pay but after hearing a trust MEMBER claim they didn't want to rock the boat and upset DC I decided the organisation wasn't worth two Bob.

In fairness they are good people with good intentions and can run a car boot sale but in my opinion lack the backbone to truly represent the ntfc fan base and as such are not fit for purpose and should be disbanded.
This makes so much sense, we could be heading into a period where we need the supporters to be united, so he suggests disbanding the ONLY supporters organisation we have !!!!
 We, the Trust board, have never claimed to have all the answers and have offered the chance of running the organisation to anyone who fancied doing it, but had no takers, so we have kept it ticking over.
  Shoey, you first of all claim it was a member of the Trust board saying "Don't rock the boat", I pointed out that there were guests at that meeting, so now you are saying it was a Trust member but, as I recall, there were 3 guest including yourself and the other 2 were not Trust members at that time, so your quote came from someone with no connection to the Trust, but it suits you to say otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2015, 09:37:29 am »

Now is not the time for finger pointing, it's time to unite as fans and try to resolve the current issues at the club we support to try and secure its long term future.

All I'd ask is that the trust get behind and organise this protest, if they can do this I think it will show they are here for all the right reasons. They have tried the nicely nicely approach which hasn't worked so it's time to try the direct approach.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2015, 10:01:52 am »

This makes so much sense, we could be heading into a period where we need the supporters to be united, so he suggests disbanding the ONLY supporters organisation we have !!!!
 We, the Trust board, have never claimed to have all the answers and have offered the chance of running the organisation to anyone who fancied doing it, but had no takers, so we have kept it ticking over.
  Shoey, you first of all claim it was a member of the Trust board saying "Don't rock the boat", I pointed out that there were guests at that meeting, so now you are saying it was a Trust member but, as I recall, there were 3 guest including yourself and the other 2 were not Trust members at that time, so your quote came from someone with no connection to the Trust, but it suits you to say otherwise.
Irrespective of who said what(it was a lady trust member FYI) the onus of the trust should be finding out what culpability they now have for signing these documents.
What were they?
Was it an individual or combined trust decision to sign them?
What legal implications could the trust be open to by signing off these documents?
If a director on behalf of the trust has signed legal documents are the trust fully implicated?
Can you answer these questions please roger?
When you can and its all cleared up maybe then start asking questions of the board.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2015, 10:12:14 am »

Fully agree with Iest. Now is not the time for fighting between ourselves or for point scoring. It could possibly be the most pivotal point in the clubs history and we need a united front.
Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 07, 2015, 10:54:58 am »

1-0 to AlistairSlowe.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #198 on: September 07, 2015, 11:13:52 am »

Roger.. Please resist the urge to get bogged down in this with individuals.

Get together and get on board with what's happening on here. You are the only organised group at this time. I pretty confident that we are all about to be the recipients of some rather bad news about our club. So I would also ask the Trust to use the full force of Supporters Direct to assist us in any effort we are undertaking to find out what's going on and what specific action WE can take. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:15:46 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2015, 11:29:23 am »

Roger.. Please resist the urge to get bogged down in this with individuals.

Get together and get on board with what's happening on here. You are the only organised group at this time. I pretty confident that we are all about to be the recipients of some rather bad news about our club. So I would also ask the Trust to use the full force of Supporters Direct to assist us in any effort we are undertaking to find out what's going on and what specific action WE can take. 

I agree 100%.

I've tried to form a splinter group out of pure frustration on 2 occasions and got no where. The same I fear will happen on this occasion IF the Trust do not decide to back a series of protests/demonstrations.

I've said it before and will say it again. A united front has to be the way forward for any action to work. I've been told on numerous occasions by lots of people on this website to write to DC himself, approach him myself, contact individuals at the council etc. Total waste of time. A mass approach is the only way forward, one which is properly organised and has the backing of the body that represents the fan base. It has to be a Trust backed thing.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: