The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:36:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Trust. Are you still there??

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trust. Are you still there??  (Read 12972 times)
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2015, 11:43:28 am »

I agree 100%.

I've tried to form a splinter group out of pure frustration on 2 occasions and got no where. The same I fear will happen on this occasion IF the Trust do not decide to back a series of protests/demonstrations.

I've said it before and will say it again. A united front has to be the way forward for any action to work. I've been told on numerous occasions by lots of people on this website to write to DC himself, approach him myself, contact individuals at the council etc. Total waste of time. A mass approach is the only way forward, one which is properly organised and has the backing of the body that represents the fan base. It has to be a Trust backed thing.

Completely agree. I would add, I fully understand the Trust is ultimately a democratic organisation so even if 99% of posters on here are deemed to be in favour of protest we/they can't necessarily extrapolate that and make the same assumption of our entire fanbase (or Trust membership, more importantly).

Are the Trust able to orchestrate a poll/referendum of some sort across their various platforms regarding this which might give them the green light they need to go ahead with full support for protest and generally taking a more explicit position of opposition against the current situation of the club?

At least then we can dispel the idea that it's only a handful of fanatics who are unsatisfied/concerned.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2015, 11:58:22 am »

I agree 100%.

I've tried to form a splinter group out of pure frustration on 2 occasions and got no where. The same I fear will happen on this occasion IF the Trust do not decide to back a series of protests/demonstrations.

I've said it before and will say it again. A united front has to be the way forward for any action to work. I've been told on numerous occasions by lots of people on this website to write to DC himself, approach him myself, contact individuals at the council etc. Total waste of time. A mass approach is the only way forward, one which is properly organised and has the backing of the body that represents the fan base. It has to be a Trust backed thing.

Id be very happy to pay £50 to join a splinter group if it had people such as yourself running it drilling.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2015, 13:41:37 pm »

Thanks Shoemaker, that said a splinter group is not the way forward and in my opinion will make matters worse!

I've just had a chat with Ant literally a few minutes ago. What we agreed upon is that any form of action needs to have significant backing across the support for it to work and be effective.

I made the point that 90% of people form their opinions on what they read in the papers, listen to on the radio etc. In our current plight, the papers are not interested (Herald and Post aside). The BBC will not mention it at all. The council have not kicked up (don't forget that the loan had cross party support so therefore ALL COUNCILLORS of ALL PARTIES will come out of this badly if anything dodgy has occurred). Whilst the Trust have stayed mainly silent on the matter.

Which is why the vast majority of our fan base continue to let time pass without wanting to involve themselves in any protest etc.

I said to Ant that whilst Im prepared to let my business sponsor any leaflets/collateral etc that may be needed (we already do the Trusts website so what I say is not all talk no action nonsense) Im not prepared to push ahead until I know that it is going to be properly backed. I said to him that its fine getting 2-3000 leaflets printed, Im happy to help distribute them myself...HOWEVER, Im not going to stand on outside one of the turnstiles handing leaflets out to people who will abuse me due to being perceived as a trouble maker. Im convinced that DC still has the majority support, but as I say thats because no 'TRUSTED BODY' (i.e., media, Council, Supporters Trust) is kicking up. As soon as that changes then the masses views will change. And very quickly.

All this hashtag we want answers stuff (I've tweeted a few) is great but not when theres only about 40-50 of us doing it! And Im waiting on hearing another statement this week from DC who will probably say something along the lines of "we are very close, 2-3 weeks away I reckon" and again that will shut everybody up!

So basically a few of us are asking the Trust to play hard ball, knowing that that particular tactic is probably not what the vast majority of its members are demanding. I also have the upmost respect for what they do, the time they put into things etc etc. If somebody asked me to be their representative director I would turn it down in an instance!  Grin So fair play to Andy Clarke for putting his head on the chopping board. DC has made that job almost impossible, we can only *hope he clears off very soon and the club is rebuilt through new reputable owners who are a lot more open.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 13:43:52 pm by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2015, 18:08:47 pm »

All this hashtag we want answers stuff (I've tweeted a few) is great but not when theres only about 40-50 of us doing it! And Im waiting on hearing another statement this week from DC who will probably say something along the lines of "we are very close, 2-3 weeks away I reckon" and again that will shut everybody up!

As if by magic............!! Doesn't seem to be shutting everyone up though..........thankfully!!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2015, 19:05:09 pm »

Did the Trust issue a statement today?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2015, 19:34:31 pm »

Did the Trust issue a statement today?

Being worded and will be issued tonight apparently......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2015, 19:53:11 pm »

Hopefully it will answer the questions I posted on here earlier regards the trust director signing legal papers when asked to do so and what implications that has for trust in general.
Report Spam   Logged
MD

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2015, 19:59:40 pm »

Key thing id like answered in the statement is simply, did the trust get the answers to their questions satisfactorily? (Not expecting the answers to necessarily be revealed, but interested to know if they are privy to full information)
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2015, 20:05:20 pm »

I'm starting to get scared now, not of Cordoza But why if the deal is almost done these people choose to remain anonymous.

I doubt they will have any want for the football club at all, it will simply be a burden carried until the exterior development is finished.

Report Spam   Logged

OxfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2015, 14:47:23 pm »

^ I would say they are remaining anon because of perceived opposition and due process. What if the opposition to DC puts off a takeover altogether? The consequences could be much much worse
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2015, 14:53:55 pm »

^ I would say they are remaining anon because of perceived opposition and due process. What if the opposition to DC puts off a takeover altogether? The consequences could be much much worse

Please don't fall for that.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: