The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 12:16:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Patience

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patience  (Read 11342 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:06:33 am »

This question is more aimed at the 40% or so of people on this board who have recently said that they back the chairman or remain on the fence.

How much longer are you prepared to give Mr C?

The season is just over a week away; first home game in less than a fortnight.

5 weeks on and counting from the buy out announcement, we are still none the wiser (a) who these guys are & (b) what their intentions are & (c) IF the deal doesn't go through, whats the Plan B?

There surely has to be a cut off? Surely? The club cannot go on like this for much longer, paying the loans off with the loan money. Unless of course he's safeguarded the 10 million plus and is dipping into his own bank account to service it! *

*no pun intended  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 06:20:25 am »

We win our first three league games, what takeover?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 06:22:15 am »

Yep!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 06:36:57 am »

Ahh, yes! Let's give the chairman three league games before letting us know. Oh and if we don't win them we can always wait until the magic 10 league game mark.

Hang on - isn't this the usual approach to managers?
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 07:04:59 am »

IF the deal doesn't go through, whats the Plan B?
I'd hope that's something the trust are considering.
Report Spam   Logged

Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 07:32:52 am »

I've got a bucket
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 09:11:14 am »

What is the alternative to waiting?

Except creating threads on this site.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:35:25 am »

The only thing we can do, as TFAMH has pointed out, is to put pressure on the local media and local government representatives to ask difficult questions on our behalf.

Boycotts and other possible action will only harm the team and the interests of the club as a whole.

We're all sick to the back teeth of delays but the fact is that takeovers do take a long time to complete. If another couple of weeks pass without any more information being released then perhaps it'll be time to step things up on the pressure front.
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 10:40:24 am »

Well according to some of the people "in the know" wasn't it all supposed to done and dusted by the end of July? What's today's date?
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
guest1269

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 11:06:21 am »

This question is more aimed at the 40% or so of people on this board who have recently said that they back the chairman or remain on the fence.

5 weeks on and counting from the buy out announcement, we are still none the wiser (a) who these guys are & (b) what their intentions are & (c) IF the deal doesn't go through, whats the Plan B?

There surely has to be a cut off? Surely? The club cannot go on like this for much longer, paying the loans off with the loan money. Unless of course he's safeguarded the 10 million plus and is dipping into his own bank account to service it! *

*no pun intended  Grin

Drilling - I admire your energy & passion on the subject & I readily admitt that I was for too long on the wait and see side but I still fail to see the point here - if the 40% convert now and say they have no faith in DC, want DC out or are prepared to take to the streets, write to their MPs etc what difference does it make?

DC has invested 8 million in the club (essentially in the form of a loan to a business he owns), he has borrowed a further 10 million - so whatever the volume of protest, the percentage of no confidence supporters, unless you have around 20 million in youre arse pocket it really is just hot air. Now you might want DC punished by the authorities if he has done something illegal or something that brings down our club - a reasonable response but it still does not get us out of the hole.

Now I'm going to suggest something that I know I will get abuse for but hey what the hell.....

I'm very dubious about true due diligence when consortium or individuals buy football clubs because I think the attraction is usually business opportunity linked to emotion, linked to ego, linked to love of football - so perhaps the more we call our club rotton to the core, perhaps just perhaps it becomes a less attractive proposition to that guy with the 20 million in his arse pocket  - and before people go all moral on me and say the truth must out and the public or the prospective buyer should know the full story, just think back to when you last sold a car or a house and of course you told the prospective buyer of all the problems you had had in the last 10 years.

So in answer to your question I absolutely don't support DC but I'm still in the (somewhat worried) wait and see camp - because I actually have no choice.   
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 12:03:58 pm »

What is the alternative to waiting?

Just glad the trust didn't wait around in 1992. This is from their own website:

"The Origins of Northampton Town Supporters' Trust
Northampton Town Supporters' Trust was formed in January 1992, as a result of a large public meeting attended by over 600 fans. This meeting was called by a group of ordinary supporters, including Rob Marshall, editor of the fanzine What a Load of Cobblers, and myself, in response to a financial crisis at the club and a series of misleading statements issued by the then chairman.
The club was reluctant to send representatives to the meeting, but relented at the last minute, and the situation disclosed by them was a debt approaching £1.6 million, representing more than two years' turnover for the club. As the Trust subsequently discovered, the rot had set in some time before, and unpaid bills stretched back several years, to the time of the previous regime at the club.
The crisis, however, had been precipitated by the club's failure to pay the previous two months' players' wages, which amounted to about £64,000. The Professional Footballers' Association had had to cover this, and so it too had now become a creditor of the club.
The Trust was set up with two objectives: first, to raise money to save the club (but not for the then current regime), and to be accountable to the supporters for the expenditure of that money; and second, to seek effective involvement and representation for supporters in the running of the club in order to ensure that such a crisis situation would never occur again."
Report Spam   Logged

guest2539

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:56:59 pm »

*no pun intended  Grin

Plan B; Administration?.......................I'll wait for the takeover!

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 13:05:20 pm »

Drilling - I admire your energy & passion on the subject & I readily admitt that I was for too long on the wait and see side but I still fail to see the point here - if the 40% convert now and say they have no faith in DC, want DC out or are prepared to take to the streets, write to their MPs etc what difference does it make?

DC has invested 8 million in the club (essentially in the form of a loan to a business he owns), he has borrowed a further 10 million - so whatever the volume of protest, the percentage of no confidence supporters, unless you have around 20 million in youre arse pocket it really is just hot air. Now you might want DC punished by the authorities if he has done something illegal or something that brings down our club - a reasonable response but it still does not get us out of the hole.

Now I'm going to suggest something that I know I will get abuse for but hey what the hell.....

I'm very dubious about true due diligence when consortium or individuals buy football clubs because I think the attraction is usually business opportunity linked to emotion, linked to ego, linked to love of football - so perhaps the more we call our club rotton to the core, perhaps just perhaps it becomes a less attractive proposition to that guy with the 20 million in his arse pocket  - and before people go all moral on me and say the truth must out and the public or the prospective buyer should know the full story, just think back to when you last sold a car or a house and of course you told the prospective buyer of all the problems you had had in the last 10 years.

So in answer to your question I absolutely don't support DC but I'm still in the (somewhat worried) wait and see camp - because I actually have no choice.   

The things that people are moaning about could all be so easily fixed. You say rotten to the cause. I cannot recall one single anti DC person saying anything that could be detrimental to a buy out, other than saying how bad the club is currently run. Whilst criticising the current owners handling of the Redevelopment. Surely any potential new owner would see that there are many opportunities to easily win the fans over and gain many more in the process...

The same people slating the re-development have mostly also consistently talked about the need for a larger capacity because the potential of the club is there for all to see.

Of course (on the flip side) DC's 'supporters' have often said that we do not need any extra seats, making the point constantly that we cannot fill the current stadium. And how we are a little league 2 club and mostly always have been. So I would argue that its DC's supporters that you should be targeting your concerns to!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 13:11:13 pm by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 13:17:54 pm »

You seem to have gone full circle mate? That makes the current situation even more clear. If DC has lost you then he's lost the lot. Well almost...
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 13:49:36 pm »

What we could do with is another thread on this very subject.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
felipefelop

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 13:54:14 pm »

How many more threads are we gonig to have on this subject............ Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 14:04:30 pm »

*no pun intended  Grin

Plan B; Administration?.......................I'll wait for the takeover!

Are you the former poster County "In Cardoza we trust" Cobbler?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 15:10:39 pm »

Sad stalker!!!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 16:17:14 pm »

Sad stalker!!!

Grin

I worked that one out weeks ago mate!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 16:26:47 pm »

Sad stalker!!!

Oh dear. I guess that confirms it. Don't worry, I understand why you'd revert to another user name after constantly haranguing board members for not having your totally irrational blind faith in Mr Cardoza.
That went well didn't it.

We can take what you have to say with a large pinch of salt in future (As if we didn't already)

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: