The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 16:50:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Paint Pot Trophy 15/16

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint Pot Trophy 15/16  (Read 4368 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 11:56:28 am »

Would it make sense to make this game super cheap, eg £5 per ticket. No point going when there are only 1,000 people in the ground.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 12:05:42 pm »

It would make good sense to charge £5 for this game, nice and simply pay on the day.

More likely to be one price for season ticket holders, different price for others, then cheaper if you buy in advance and more expensive if you turn up on the day. Then blame Colchester Utd for not agreeing a price reduction, sorted.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
ArtichokeCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »

It would make good sense to charge £5 for this game, nice and simply pay on the day.

More likely to be one price for season ticket holders, different price for others, then cheaper if you buy in advance and more expensive if you turn up on the day. Then blame Colchester Utd for not agreeing a price reduction, sorted.

You may have hit on something there.

Where's the East Stand?    Let's blame Colchester United
Where's the new seats?   Let's blame Colchester United
Where are the concourses, supporters' bars, hotel, conference suite?    Let's blame Colchester United
Where has the £12 million gone?    Let's blame Colchester United?

Nothing like a totally innocent scapegoat!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

That money was there for our club
guest47

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 12:49:51 pm »

Wycombe tried £5 for adults and free for kids in their game against us a few years back. They got around 1,000 to turn up - less than previous years. They didn't try it again.
You are going to get around 1,000 to the game no matter what you charge.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 13:00:49 pm »

You are going to get around 1,000 to the game no matter what you charge.

In that case, why not charge double - it is Colchester United after all.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 19:57:57 pm »

Meh, disappointing fixture.

Tenner adults.  Kids a quid.

Simples.

Going lower than 10 for adults won't attract any greater numbers as suggested earlier.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 20:28:59 pm »

How about we try a pay what you want thing that quite a few clubs have done
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 13:30:43 pm »

Build some bridges and open the gates for free. We can cover expenses with the loan.
At least he'll have 1,000 people onside for the night.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 15:00:52 pm »

In that case, why not charge double - it is Colchester United after all.
Good idea...only the desperate and stupid turn up for a 1st Rd JPT game against meaningless opposition;
£20 Advance
£22 On the day.
Oh and close the East Stand!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 16:20:41 pm »

Good idea...only the desperate and stupid turn up for a 1st Rd JPT game against meaningless opposition;
£20 Advance
£22 On the day.
Oh and close the East Stand!  Grin

Desperate and stupid....
To watch the team play....

Nice one fella...
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 16:47:58 pm »

Desperate and stupid....

Nice one fella...

You've missed the point.
A certain number of people are going to want to go to the game and that wont alter by how much is charged on the gate, it's not price driven.
Therefore the amount they charge is basically long term goodwill. Put it this way, if they decided to charge nothing on the gate they would probably get around 1,000 turning up. Around the same number would go if they did charge £22.
Report Spam   Logged
ArtichokeCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2015, 20:38:30 pm »

Not going no matter how cheap it is.

Normally I would have been there and at the Blackpool game, but I'm afraid it's "not a penny more" from me until the club come clean about where the £12 million has gone.

I have my season ticket and I'm stuck with that, but don't expect me to cough up anything more until we are treated with a bit of respect.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2015, 21:21:55 pm »

Not going no matter how cheap it is.

Normally I would have been there and at the Blackpool game, but I'm afraid it's "not a penny more" from me until the club come clean about where the £12 million has gone.

I have my season ticket and I'm stuck with that, but don't expect me to cough up anything more until we are treated with a bit of respect.

You certainly know how to support the team Roll Eyes What's the royal "we " for? You start with the singular and then go plural. Which is it ?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ArtichokeCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2015, 21:32:50 pm »

You certainly know how to support the team Roll Eyes What's the royal "we " for? You start with the singular and then go plural. Which is it ?

You can insult me all you like.     I can't believe I am the only one who is absolutely fed up with the whole situation.   

Not sure I can tolerate another season looking at that East stand and fuming at a wasted opportunity. 

Maybe I should stop posting here and just call it a day.   

Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 22:36:58 pm »

Apologies for the insult if there was one.
We are all disheartened at the current state of affairs as you are.
If you had inserted "I" instead of "we" then fair enough! I happen to feel it is better to support The team without making conditions. It is a pity that you come across with a touch of negativity some of the time.
IMO doing what you suggest helps no one; certainly not DC!

Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 22:49:09 pm »

Apologies for the insult if there was one.
We are all disheartened at the current state of affairs as you are.
If you had inserted "I" instead of "we" then fair enough! I happen to feel it is better to support The team without making conditions. It is a pity that you come across with a touch of negativity some of the time.
IMO doing what you suggest helps no one; certainly not DC!

I can't believe your not banned, yet again, all you do is insult people Evers.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 10:25:22 am »

I can't believe your not banned, yet again, all you do is insult people Evers.

Man04 - thanks for heads up it is welcome Grin. Which part of the message is the actual insult?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2015, 18:48:46 pm »

Man04 - thanks for heads up it is welcome Grin. Which part of the message is the actual insult?
Your insulting him by saying he's not a true supporter
FFS do I have to decipher your own messages for you now.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2015, 19:07:49 pm »

Desperate and stupid....

Nice one fella...
Oh God...The literal plane flying over ones head again!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2015, 23:29:03 pm »

Hot on the heels of £20 for the Blackpool tie in the Cap One Cup we now have £15 for Col U in the Paint Pot Trophy......am I missing something here?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: