The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:29:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rotten to the core

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rotten to the core  (Read 4337 times)
tuks

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: September 05, 2015, 18:50:37 pm »

Something has GOT to change with this football club and very very soon.

The apathy that the custodian of the club appears to have would seem to have spread throughout. Where has the early season optimism gone?

I do blame DC for the vast majority of goings on at this club, but I'm afraid that CW must shoulder some responsibility for leaving us with one striker of any note, having 4 players Adams, Potter, De'Ath and Holmes born from the same pod, and the crass decision to release Collins and leave us with Cresswell (no pace) and Diamond (always injured). McDonald bless him would appear to try hard but at the moment is just out of his depth.

I fear for this team at the moment. Another couple of defeats will leave is fighting for our lives again.

Finally........ Just WHY was Taylor not in the side today? Obvious that Cresswell and whoever is beside him play better with his protection in front, and at the moment we badly need it !!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 19:39:50 pm »

Very poor team with a lot of average players today. Wilder has  signed some good players but too many poor quality signings have been made, Wilder states he is not keen on loan signings so seems strange we have so many this early in the season. Either he knows he has made mistakes in his signings or he has been told that's all he can have. I hate watching teams that have loan signings in the side whilst players like Taylor are on the bench.
 Heard people saying when leaving today that the Club is really on its arse, shame but its true.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 19:43:54 pm »

Today we had a central midfield (who won nothing) of Watson and Byron.

On the bench were Taylor and JJ.

Im pretty much certain that EVERY ONE OF US would rather have had the benched duo given the choice?
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 19:50:05 pm »

Im pretty much certain that EVERY ONE OF US would rather have had the benched duo given the choice?

No
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
tuks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 19:51:51 pm »

Today we had a central midfield (who won nothing) of Watson and Byron.

On the bench were Taylor and JJ.

One out of two ain't bad?? JJOT?? Quite simply.......... No !!!!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 19:52:37 pm »

No

Grin No point having a debate with you mate if you believe that a combo of Watson and Byron is better than Taylor and JJ!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 19:53:54 pm »

One out of two ain't bad?? JJOT?? Quite simply.......... No !!!!

Again, another who knows nought about football! You stick to the Watson/Byron combo, brilliant today were they not!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 19:55:39 pm »

9 games in and we've used 21 players this season......but only two (Cresswell and Buchanan) have appeared in every game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 20:00:07 pm »

What do you want from your midfielders? Accoding to the stats on the NTFC official website Byrom, Potter and Watson have failed to muster ONE SINGLE SHOT between them in the league this season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 20:00:17 pm »

To be fair Tuks, I take back my comment. Clearly a misunderstanding...

I wasn't asking people to mix and match, just a case of saying which combo you'd prefer given the choice. i.e. one that played or one on the bench? My favoured two from the four would have been Taylor and Byron. The 2 that did so well last season...
Report Spam   Logged
tuks

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 20:25:55 pm »

To be fair Tuks, I take back my comment. Clearly a misunderstanding...

I wasn't asking people to mix and match, just a case of saying which combo you'd prefer given the choice. i.e. one that played or one on the bench? My favoured two from the four would have been Taylor and Byron. The 2 that did so well last season...

No worries !!

I do worry about us though. We have a way of playing and if that doesn't work then sod it, let's just hoof the fcuker !!!

Why do the opposition never have to work hard to score against us??
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 20:33:35 pm »

No worries !!

I do worry about us though. We have a way of playing and if that doesn't work then sod it, let's just hoof the fcuker !!!

They hoofed it a lot tho'. Always behind our "swift" moving defence; hence the second goal and but for Smith a fair few others.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 20:33:56 pm »

No worries !!

If you take today as an example, every ball coming down from the sky was won by a Dagenham player. Every bloody one. IF Taylor had been playing, that wouldn't have happened. Taylor's partner in crime would have also won more ball given that his team mate would have taken players with him. With Watson and Byron, we had a combination who could not physically compete for these 50/50's. They then won the ball 50/60 yards from goal and attacked our back 4 at will. 5 or 6 decent saves kept the score down...

It was crazy. We could have actually nicked a win if the right central midfield had played. D&R were awful. Yet they literally had to do nothing to get a site of our goal. It was so frustrating. A highly paid football management team couldn't see this yet the average fan could.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 20:51:24 pm »

Again, another who knows nought about football! You stick to the Watson/Byron combo, brilliant today were they not!  Grin

Well that suggests you know nothing about football. Byron and Taylor I could accept, but j and Taylor. Give me strength!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 21:00:36 pm »

If as a fan you are pining for JJOT then you know we've got problems.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 21:12:28 pm »

anybody that knows the slightest inclination about the game of football knows that O'Toole should be in the team. We really do have some idiotic fans.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 21:13:41 pm »

*read that ignoring my profile picture.

**and no, its not sarcasm
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 21:16:23 pm »

anybody that knows the slightest inclination about the game of football knows that O'Toole should be in the team. We really do have some idiotic fans.

You are joking! None can be that stupid.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 21:26:29 pm »

Well that suggests you know nothing about football. Byron and Taylor I could accept, but j and Taylor. Give me strength!

Who would you prefer? JJ & Taylor. Or the two lads who played today?

ps....read my posts on this thread in depth...
Report Spam   Logged
floodlight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 21:28:05 pm »

Something has GOT to change with this football club and very very soon.

The apathy that the custodian of the club appears to have would seem to have spread throughout. Where has the early season optimism gone?

I do blame DC for the vast majority of goings on at this club, but I'm afraid that CW must shoulder some responsibility for leaving us with one striker of any note, having 4 players Adams, Potter, De'Ath and Holmes born from the same pod, and the crass decision to release Collins and leave us with Cresswell (no pace) and Diamond (always injured). McDonald bless him would appear to try hard but at the moment is just out of his depth.

I fear for this team at the moment. Another couple of defeats will leave is fighting for our lives again.

Finally........ Just WHY was Taylor not in the side today? Obvious that Cresswell and whoever is beside him play better with his protection in front, and at the moment we badly need it !!!!
Pretty much agree with this. We need to know what or if anything is going to happen with the ownership as the uncertainty seems to be affecting everybody & everything at the club. I'm not Wilder's biggest fan but I have got some sympathy with him as he's clearly not been able to bring the players in he wanted & in all honesty he must know he's a dead man walking if the takeover happens if you look at what has happened to existing managers at the other clubs when new owners take the reigns.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: