The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 12:07:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Protest 2nd stage targeting the Council

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest 2nd stage targeting the Council  (Read 10550 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« on: September 22, 2015, 10:38:12 am »

Hoping that this is not merged with the original protest thread which has past its sell by date for the time being in my opinion...

Its surely high time that we (the fans) moved on from targeting the chairman who is clearly never going to answer the questions that have been posed, or at least not in a satisfactory manor?

I've spoken with a few people this morning and I believe that the only way we can get anywhere at this extremely late stage is by targeting the council direct.

1. What have you done to ensure that the loan has been spent on its original purpose?
2. What provisions are in place to ensure that this money will be recouped in full?
3. What is the councils up to date stance with regards to the outlined planning permission given behind the East Stand and surrounding areas for housing and 'some retail' given that the 10million plus already loaned has not been spent as intended?

It is point 3 which is crucial in all of this because IF the money has been lost/some of it has been lost then it is said land that could effectively save the club from financial meltdown due to it being a viable business to invest in for the right people. *IF the land and the football club all comes as one of course.

A march from the town hall on Saturday to the ground (sure we've done that before haven't we!) prior to the game would be a great way of maximising publicity and putting some serious pressure on the council to in turn put some proper pressure on the chairman...

For the ones against such action, please consider that the council hold the cards in all of this. They could (*if the t's and c's have not been met) call the loan in at any time and thus force the club into administration.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 11:16:28 am »

Probably a logical step but needs some thought and aims to be considered. If I were you Drillers try and get Hallam on board to help on this issue. He may have the expertise to assist in this exercise, certainly got the debating skills and IQ to match.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Phigar

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 11:36:08 am »

I agree that questions should be asked of the council, but be very careful what you wish for.  If the council has the power to call in the loan, it probably also has the power to put the club in administration.

I think we need to step back and think what it is we want to achieve and then plan the process accordingly.

Tread carefully.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:48:28 am »

Probably a logical step but needs some thought and aims to be considered. If I were you Drillers try and get Hallam on board to help on this issue. He may have the expertise to assist in this exercise, certainly got the debating skills and IQ to match.
Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 11:49:40 am »

I agree Drilling but perhaps we should look at it from another angle?

Can we / the Trust gain control of the club and it's assets for the benefit of the people of Northampton and the NBC ?

Can we meet with NBC and find a solution to this mess, I am not sure I am happy with DC selling the club and it's assets to someone else whose main focus is area development (as we have had for the past 12 years) and certainly not happy DC riding of in the sunset with £2.65m of development money plus whatever value he gets from the planning permission of NTFC / NBC land

Hopefully the council feel the same way, that might be one reason it took DC so long to get the money in the first place
Housing should not have been part of the development at all, look at Barnet's new stadium, even in the middle of North London they built football pitches and training facilities, how much would that land be worth for housing? Only in Northampton can have crappy land and still not use it to the benefit of the football club

It might get messy for a while but it would be a price worth paying in my opinion.

#NTFC4Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 11:51:29 am »

Good luck but I'll stay in the pub again.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:57:45 am by Gaston » Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 11:54:12 am »

Continue with a certain aim in mind. I would much rather an outside party purchased the club. The trust will always have a place with the supporters , but never as owners I would never back that option.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest168

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 11:58:20 am »

Perhaps not 100% but certainly with a higher stake and get people involved for the right reasons

So u would prefer DC to the Trust then tcobb
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 12:00:57 pm »

In a word , yes.
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 12:07:39 pm »

Really !!!

Please explain why you think the Trust would have done a worse job?

Bear in mind they would still be able to bring in outside investment etc
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 12:11:31 pm »

Before moving to the next stage of protest I think it would be helpful for Andy Clarke to let supporters know if there was any further adverse information about which we are unaware that compelled him to resign.  His statement is very diplomatic but may mask certain information.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 12:15:11 pm »

Random. Give me reasons why I should support the trust in becoming owners. I haven't seen any proof they could do a better job, I'm no supporter of DC by any means.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 12:18:36 pm »

Thanks Evers, you've just made me spit my sandwich out.  Grin
You're a funny guy, whether intentional or not.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 12:30:42 pm »

Thanks Evers, you've just made me spit my sandwich out.  Grin
You're a funny guy, whether intentional or not.

Well you should know thru' negotiation strategy that it always help to get an "arch" critic on your side especially if he is capable of out manoeuvring/outwitting you lot. Cant be very nice sandwiches you are having to spit them out! Have you told Mrs Banana that you do this to her sandwiches?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 12:31:06 pm »

Because the main focus would be to run the club to the benefit of the club and the fans

I am also thinking that the Trust would be rather more dynamic that it has been. There are some very capable people within the Trust and around the fan base

Obviously there would be some difficult decisions to make  but knowing some of the Trust and knowing DC and SOME previous members of full time staff, we would be far far better off.

We would need a plan (5 years  Cheesy) and look at following Swansea example both on and off the pitch

Do u really think off the pitch we would be worse off and on the pitch too?  On the pitch would benefit from a much improved culture around the club

Yes we have had a couple of good results last 2 weeks but we will not achieve success until we can develop a football club that can attract a majority of players who are going forward in their careers

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 12:39:36 pm »

All quite fanciful stuff Random.
Not for me though.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 12:40:24 pm »

In terms of a different angle, isn't that just going somewhere else because we didn't get the answers in the first place? For me the noise still needs to go to (the absent, is he even in the country?) Cardoza.
The next in line for me would be Mackintosh, who has clearly washed his grubby little hands of any involvement.
I also think the Trust need to lead the next step, which may be a tad trickier at the moment.
Ask questions of the council by all means but I can't see them coming up with any pearls of wisdom either.

I think some 'Cardoza out' and 'Where's the money gone' will make everyone feel a bit better.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 12:41:12 pm »

I'm afraid I don't believe that the trust is capable of running a football club.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 12:41:32 pm »

Because the main focus would be to run the club to the benefit of the club and the fans

I am also thinking that the Trust would be rather more dynamic that it has been. There are some very capable people within the Trust and around the fan base

Obviously there would be some difficult decisions to make  but knowing some of the Trust and knowing DC and SOME previous members of full time staff, we would be far far better off.

We would need a plan (5 years  Cheesy) and look at following Swansea example both on and off the pitch

Do u really think off the pitch we would be worse off and on the pitch too?  On the pitch would benefit from a much improved culture around the club

Yes we have had a couple of good results last 2 weeks but we will not achieve success until we can develop a football club that can attract a majority of players who are going forward in their careers

Think there's perhaps one or two cases where Trust investment hasn't turned out quite as well as at Swansea!?

For all the fanfare the fans/trust of Swansea only actually own 20% of the club, not a million miles away from our current situation.

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 12:42:04 pm »

Well you should know thru' negotiation strategy that it always help to get an "arch" critic on your side especially if he is capable of out manoeuvring/outwitting you.

That'd be perfect, let me know when you find someone.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: