The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 03:10:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Chairboys (a) - Sat 3rd Oct 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chairboys (a) - Sat 3rd Oct 15  (Read 7488 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:04:56 pm »

Referee will be Keith Hill for this. His first trip down to the Fourth Division this season.
His last Cobblers game was our 3-2 defeat at Cheltnum in October 2014.  His previous Cobblers games include our 1-1 draw at Hereford in Feb 2011 and more recently our away day "end of season nothing to play for" 2-2 game in Apr 2013 at Port Vale. 
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

shakemaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:20:03 pm »

The game is all ticket
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 16:44:45 pm »

About 400 tickets sold so far out of an allocation of 1600(I think). Certainly owe Wycombe one for the game at their place last year!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 17:20:26 pm »

The world's most stupid decision to make all-ticket!

Wycombe right back Michael Harriman went off injured.  If he is missing it will be a big blow - they are really down to the bones with only 5 subs last night named.  It also looks despite Jombati playing at CB they are solid at the back.

Gozie Ugwu will know us having been on trial in the close season. 

I would love it to mug them in 99th minute
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 19:19:10 pm »

Buses to stadium from train station at 13.05 and 14.05 (takes half an hour) and returning from Adams Park after game at 17.05...if anyone interested!
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 19:56:03 pm »

0 - 0. It has to be.  Grin 
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 19:59:46 pm »

0 - 0. It has to be.  Grin 

Presumably you are going to this one AD?
Report Spam   Logged

Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 20:06:42 pm »

Presumably you are going to this one AD?

I would be Mr Everbrite but alas it is my turn to work weekends  Sad  I might go down to Millwall though.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 20:16:49 pm »

I would be Mr Everbrite but alas it is my turn to work weekends  Sad  I might go down to Millwall though.  Smiley

Have you been to any games yet this season Home and Away - just asking!
Report Spam   Logged

guest2608

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 15:44:53 pm »

Not going to make this unfortunately, much as I love the grubby titty bar in Wycombe and the thought of  a 98th minute OG sealing a Cobblers away win with the idiot gaffer of theirs giving oscar winning touchline performance again.

I'm sure it'll be one of those games we sneak a 1-0, we're due one against the Choirboys.

Have fun all those who are going, Wimbledon was my trip this week.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 15:56:31 pm »

Played Wycombe 27 times in total and this meeting has to be a favourite fixture for those amongst us that participate in the pools with an incredible 14 draws. We've drawn the last 5 times we've met at Adams Park in the league. We just hold the upper hand, 7 wins to 6 and have scored one goal more, 35 to 34. Our first meeting was back in 1958 when we won 2-0 at the County Ground in the FA Cup but it wasn't until the Chairboys entered the league that our meetings became more frequent, our first league meeting in 1993 ended in a draw (now there's a shock).

Considering our relative league positions I would certainly take a draw in this match which would extend our unbeaten run to 5 matches or 1 defeat in 8 games.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 15:57:26 pm »

Only just over 400 tickets sold so far for this. Would expect nearer to 1000 to see us continue our current unbeaten run?
You are all reminded that this is all ticket for us...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 16:58:37 pm »

Itll be at least 401, i shall be there, and am stopping over. The step son is at Uni there in the town centre, does anyone know if the busses go back to town centre after the game, saves me queing in that s*** traffic after the game .
I dont recall seeing us win too often down there, i do however remeber Pedj scything someone (Sergio Torres) down
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 17:16:05 pm »

This is going to be a close game I think 0-0 or 1-0 to one of us, I hope it's the COBBLERS ! We have a point now, lets keep it and try and nick 2 more. COME ON COBBLERS !
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 18:18:53 pm »

Only just over 400 tickets sold so far for this. Would expect nearer to 1000 to see us continue our current unbeaten run?
It's not all that easy to get to from Northampton, awkward pricey train route via London, miles from the centre...I'm only going because it's just over a few fields from Oxford...from house, bus around the corner to Bicester (20 mins) then 25 mins on train to High Wycombe!
s***e dayout in all honesty...can't wait for Deep South on Tuesday!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 18:20:12 pm »

Itll be at least 401, i shall be there, and am stopping over. The step son is at Uni there in the town centre, does anyone know if the busses go back to town centre after the game, saves me queing in that **** traffic after the game .
I dont recall seeing us win too often down there, i do however remeber Pedj scything someone (Sergio Torres) down
If you read the posts on this thread...!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 18:38:02 pm »

They'll let us in lol.... last time we played we had lads scaling the fence to get in..... I'm sure with 1000 spare seats they'll open the gate and take £20.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 18:45:29 pm »

That might be why. We were locked out too even though we had tickets, they just said "We've been petting people pay on the day and we don't know how many seats are left". That was the final straw for somebody who climbed in and then booted the fire exit open for everybody to pile in
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 19:15:44 pm »

That might be why. We were locked out too even though we had tickets, they just said "We've been petting people pay on the day and we don't know how many seats are left". That was the final straw for somebody who climbed in and then booted the fire exit open for everybody to pile in
White Horse aside, do you know if the petting is done by females?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 19:21:54 pm »

If you read the posts on this thread...!

ive read them, it says f~ck all about busses to the town centre, just to the train station Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: