The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 07:57:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Join the Trust this week

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Join the Trust this week  (Read 3088 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 15:18:25 pm »

Wrong again. I never backed anybody, I couldn't as I didn't know the truth, still don't. I just don't see the point of a debating forum where everybody agrees. What's the point?

You know the Trust let us down big time, there's no getting round that. You may or may not be able to redeem the situation, only time will tell. Personally I would rather some billionaire businessman came and saved us and there was no need for a trust but that's just me.
I see a big fat juicy worm in front of me, shall I bite ? No it'll give someone the chance to change the subject and try to get away from the fact that he's been proved wrong AGAIN!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 15:49:08 pm »

Either that or knock me who was as far as I know the first to air my concerns face to face.

You missed that booat by about six years.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2015, 15:53:38 pm »

You missed that booat by about six years.
Fair enough but it's fair to say I did clamber aboard long before the ship started sinking.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2015, 16:03:39 pm »

Fair enough but it's fair to say I did clamber aboard long before the ship started sinking.

You did indeed....
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2015, 16:12:58 pm »

I see a big fat juicy worm in front of me, shall I bite ? No it'll give someone the chance to change the subject and try to get away from the fact that he's been proved wrong AGAIN!!!!

I love it when people tell me to leave it, then carry it on themselves. The bite is actually the reply, not what is said within it.

You know I did wonder why you approached me in Carrs bar a month or so ago all smiles. I thought it was unusual until of course I realised you were just after my money. You can keep it, along with the worm.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2015, 16:16:43 pm »

I love it when people tell me to leave it, then carry it on themselves. The bite is actually the reply, not what is said within it.

You know I did wonder why you approached me in Carrs bar a month or so ago all smiles. I thought it was unusual until of course I realised you were just after my money. You can keep it, along with the worm.
Fair play for joining the trust though marvo.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 16:20:47 pm »

He didn't, he gave me £2 for a Trust prediction sheet . It was at Barnet by the way John, and I always approach people with a smile because that's the way I am, in real life and on a message board, no double persona for me.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2015, 16:21:11 pm »

Fair play for joining the trust though marvo.

It was actually money for a fund raising scheme. I wasn't interested in entering but I gave him the money anyway. Seemed a fair price to be left alone.
Report Spam   Logged

John

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2015, 16:23:27 pm »

He didn't, he gave me £2 for a Trust prediction sheet . It was at Barnet by the way John, and I always approach people with a smile because that's the way I am, in real life and on a message board, no double persona for me.

No it wasn't it was in Carrs bar, you took money off my youngest boy at the same time. I saw you with Deepcut at Barnet, no money exchanged hands. Look like you're wrong again, no need to apologise.
Report Spam   Logged

TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2015, 16:27:13 pm »

Wrong again. I never backed anybody, I couldn't as I didn't know the truth, still don't. I just don't see the point of a debating forum where everybody agrees. What's the point?

You know the Trust let us down big time, there's no getting round that. You may or may not be able to redeem the situation, only time will tell. Personally I would rather some billionaire businessman came and saved us and there was no need for a trust but that's just me.

In normal circumstances I understand your view, but the problem is we are trying to remove a tyrant from the helm of the good ship Cobblers and to do it we need Fan Solidarity. I fully appreciate some of the things the trust did in the past grate on you but for the good of the club accept that the Trust is all be have to unite the fan base right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
John

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2015, 16:35:04 pm »

In normal circumstances I understand your view, but the problem is we are trying to remove a tyrant from the helm of the good ship Cobblers and to do it we need Fan Solidarity. I fully appreciate some of the things the trust did in the past grate on you but for the good of the club accept that the Trust is all be have to unite the fan base right now.

Okay, I'll drop it. As long as others don't bring me back in!
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2015, 16:40:53 pm »

John. All you are doing is creating bloody arguments. Which is why I hadn't posted for the last few days. Thankfully Hallam appears to have disappeared, although I have a feeling he has re-emerged under a new name but I wouldn't for one second suggest who that is because I may well be wrong.

You have been proved so wrong, if there are more than 1 or 2 people on this website that do not support this view I would be surprised. But that isn't the issue. Because lots of people have made errors of judgment, I myself was backing the crook at times when others (Shoemaker e.g.) were not. I think I 'turned' around December time, certainly before I tried to organise a collective approach but got no where.

Instead of just moving on you are now accusing many people of failing the football club, the Trust being just one of these. Whilst no body takes this particularly seriously other than some bites (including this one) what you are doing is ensuring that every thread practically becomes an argument about who was right/who was wrong etc.

A lot of us have put in many hours in recent times, put aside previous frustrations and disappointments that our views were not supported en mass and our collective efforts have I believe made a real difference. The leaflet campaigns, the constant pressure on the council, media etc to force the issues etc. It may be too late, it may not be. Now as insider says we are formulating plan B's in case it is to late. We all hope it isn't obviously, that goes without saying.

But at least we are doing something. Not just words on forums/twitter etc. And something is better than nothing.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2015, 16:42:14 pm »

Okay, I'll drop it. As long as others don't bring me back in!

Fair play. My post was written before I read this. I will leave it at that.
Report Spam   Logged
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2015, 17:45:38 pm »

John. All you are doing is creating bloody arguments. Which is why I hadn't posted for the last few days. Thankfully Hallam appears to have disappeared, although I have a feeling he has re-emerged under a new name but I wouldn't for one second suggest who that is because I may well be wrong.

You have been proved so wrong, if there are more than 1 or 2 people on this website that do not support this view I would be surprised. But that isn't the issue. Because lots of people have made errors of judgment, I myself was backing the crook at times when others (Shoemaker e.g.) were not. I think I 'turned' around December time, certainly before I tried to organise a collective approach but got no where.

Instead of just moving on you are now accusing many people of failing the football club, the Trust being just one of these. Whilst no body takes this particularly seriously other than some bites (including this one) what you are doing is ensuring that every thread practically becomes an argument about who was right/who was wrong etc.

A lot of us have put in many hours in recent times, put aside previous frustrations and disappointments that our views were not supported en mass and our collective efforts have I believe made a real difference. The leaflet campaigns, the constant pressure on the council, media etc to force the issues etc. It may be too late, it may not be. Now as insider says we are formulating plan B's in case it is to late. We all hope it isn't obviously, that goes without saying.

But at least we are doing something. Not just words on forums/twitter etc. And something is better than nothing.

I turned after the Palethorpe blog was published back in Feb/March the worms have been crawling out the tin ever since. A little chat with an ex director sealed it!!
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
Cobbler1991

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2015, 17:55:32 pm »

Even I've held my hands up and admitted I was wrong which pissed me off more as I looked like a complete moron in hindsight. I want what's best for my club and that is for Cardoza to leave asap. On another note, just applied to join the Trust today.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2015, 21:09:26 pm »

We are hoping to get Paypal up and working on our web page later today, the people who do our page are working on it as I type.
Excellent. As said, can't make another home game till Yeovil, but would happily join and buy shirt* earlier.

So, guess Marvo is directly having a pop at Rob Marshall and Brian Lomax with his blue paper comment!

* Unless 'Proud to be' or 'Shoe Army'  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2015, 22:12:10 pm »

Excellent. As said, can't make another home game till Yeovil, but would happily join and buy shirt* earlier.

So, guess Marvo is directly having a pop at Rob Marshall and Brian Lomax with his blue paper comment!

* Unless 'Proud to be' or 'Shoe Army'  Wink

Was I?

I've always got on well with Rob Marshall, we go back a long way, we actually worked together as 16 year olds in a Tailors in Peacock Place.
I don't know Brian Lomax but am saddened at his demise as I would be for any human being. I doubt he ever thought we'd be back to square one after he did so much.
Report Spam   Logged

STEVIEG

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2015, 07:22:16 am »

Filled in a form for the trust last night and handed it in.

Took me a while to find the person to give it too tho... asked at the bottom of the stairs where I assumed there would be some kind of trust presence and got pointed to the direction of carrs bar. had to ask 2 or 3 people in the packed bar before finding the gentleman who I then handed the forms to.

Not sure if it would be possible to have more of a presence of the trust for forthcoming games for potential new members?

This isn't a criticism, I am glad I joined - just thought it would be easier to locate the trust last night.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2015, 12:31:46 pm »

We will be having a table at the bottom of the steps on Saturday. The problem with night games is availability of people and that everyone tends to arrive very near to kick off time.
Report Spam   Logged
No11

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2015, 18:22:48 pm »

I'm really sorry if this sounds a bit thick but what is the benefit of your average Joe joining the trust is it the financial benefit or a case of the more people the bigger the voice. Don't get me wrong I'm not against joining its just something that has never even entered my head before I  understand if the better educated types who understand the politics of it all join then there is a benefit to the trust but I'm just your average Joe so what does that bring.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: