The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 14:38:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Things to do list

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do list  (Read 5281 times)
Ralap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 18:56:28 pm »

You'd miss most of the second half of you tried to get a drink in Carrs bar at half time.
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 19:01:08 pm »

One of those tethered hot air balloons like the one down in Torquay to be situated behind the north stand. Obviously the balloon would need to be a caricature of magician Paul Daniels head. We could also have a smaller balloon of the Lovely Debbie McGee.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 19:05:01 pm by Alwaysdark » Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 19:03:39 pm »

You'd miss most of the second half of you tried to get a drink in Carrs bar at half time.

Every other ground manages it. Its not rocket science. Get a couple more staff in, pre pour a few pints ready, charge a sensible price £4 so you are not fiddling about with change. Why do we make things hard for ourselves. Just a bit of common sense and planning we could make an extra £5k-£10k per home game on food and drink.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 19:20:18 pm »

Every other ground manages it. Its not rocket science. Get a couple more staff in, pre pour a few pints ready, charge a sensible price £4 so you are not fiddling about with change. Why do we make things hard for ourselves. Just a bit of common sense and planning we could make an extra £5k-£10k per home game on food and drink.

Oh it's you again. You're the one who plucks completely nonsensical numbers out of the air and uses them as fact. Let's sit half way between those figures, £7,5K. I bought a pint in Carrs bar yesterday and I think it cost me £3.60. To make £7.5 K you'd have to sell over 2000 pints in 15 minutes. That's roughly two fifths of yesterday crowd having a pint.

If you have to get so vociferous with your arguments at least get the facts somewhere near.

Are you one of this years contestants on the Apprentice?
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 19:24:06 pm »

Get rid of those two clowns on the microphone, neither of whom project well and realise that they're holding it too close to their mouths.. Some guy took over mid way through the match a few weeks ago and it was so much clearer.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 19:42:01 pm »

Get rid of those two clowns on the microphone, neither of whom project well and realise that they're holding it too close to their mouths.. Some guy took over mid way through the match a few weeks ago and it was so much clearer.
Definitely this.
Younger vpices and music needed imho. And the smokers area outside the satdium at half time was also in action at Notts County last week. Stewarded well it works do it! BTW I'm not a smoker and I'm not that young.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 19:50:18 pm »

Agree with this one. They really do my head in. Don't eat the fvcking mic when your speaking!

Used to think it might be the new PA System having it's volume up too high, that was until John Motson read out the team's at a game a while back, he sounded crystal clear.

Replace the clowns!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 19:52:14 pm by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 19:52:31 pm »

Sustainable league one football.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 19:54:02 pm »

Oh it's you again. You're the one who plucks completely nonsensical numbers out of the air and uses them as fact. Let's sit half way between those figures, £7,5K. I bought a pint in Carrs bar yesterday and I think it cost me £3.60. To make £7.5 K you'd have to sell over 2000 pints in 15 minutes. That's roughly two fifths of yesterday crowd having a pint.

If you have to get so vociferous with your arguments at least get the facts somewhere near.

Are you one of this years contestants on the Apprentice?

Oh its you again, the one that can't read. You must be a right pain to work with. You don't listen, you don't like change and you have no concept of forward thinking.

Just to clarify, we could make this much extra money from ALL food and drink sales with the right planning, pricing and organisation, not just at half time, but that could be improved upon. Same goes for 50/50 tickets. I regularly go to ice hockey and they plan to average each person going to the game spending an extra £1 on a ticket. We might not manage that but with the right marketing and ticket sellers in the right places (ie walking up and down the queues going into the ground while people are stood still rather than top of the steps. Could also sell them inside the ground and in Carrs bar while people are getting food and drink and on the concourse inside the West Stand) we could and should be taking around £2,000 on 50/50 tickets which would mean another £1,000 each home game into the club coffers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 20:05:44 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 20:20:42 pm »

Oh its you again, the one that can't read. You must be a right pain to work with. You don't listen, you don't like change and you have no concept of forward thinking.

Just to clarify, we could make this much extra money from ALL food and drink sales with the right planning, pricing and organisation, not just at half time, but that could be improved upon. Same goes for 50/50 tickets. I regularly go to ice hockey and they plan to average each person going to the game spending an extra £1 on a ticket. We might not manage that but with the right marketing and ticket sellers in the right places (ie walking up and down the queues going into the ground while people are stood still rather than top of the steps. Could also sell them inside the ground and in Carrs bar while people are getting food and drink and on the concourse inside the West Stand) we could and should be taking around £2,000 on 50/50 tickets which would mean another £1,000 each home game into the club coffers.

Grin Nice one. That made me chuckle. But you are doing the thing with your assumed facts again and arriving at the wrong conclusion.

How much do the club make in food and drinks each game as it is?
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 20:28:55 pm »

Grin Nice one. That made me chuckle. But you are doing the thing with your assumed facts again and arriving at the wrong conclusion.

How much do the club make in food and drinks each game as it is?

Again, you are struggling with reading. Where have I said any of these are facts? I do, however, think with a bit of positive encouragement and people with a "can do" attitude they are very achievable numbers. I am not sure how I can make this easier to understand for you, I am using the smallest words I can to help you.

I don't know how much the club make from food and drink, but I do know they could make more. For example, I go somewhere else other than Carr's Bar for a pre match drink because of the queues and I don't get any food pre match or at half time mainly for the same reason.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 20:31:18 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
Blackadder

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 20:33:08 pm »

While I don't necessarily agree with all the figures, I think the Ice Hockey comparison isn't a bad one, I go most weeks (presumable to the same venue) and the experience is a lot better off the pitch as it were, the promotions and the 'half time' entertainment is a massive improvement and I imagine they make a decent amount of money from it, we could learn a lot and hopefully we'll be able to put some of this into practice.

Not that I'm proposing throwing ducks on the pitch but you get the idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 20:36:18 pm »

While I don't necessarily agree with all the figures, I think the Ice Hockey comparison isn't a bad one, I go most weeks (presumable to the same venue) and the experience is a lot better off the pitch as it were, the promotions and the 'half time' entertainment is a massive improvement and I imagine they make a decent amount of money from it, we could learn a lot and hopefully we'll be able to put some of this into practice.

Not that I'm proposing throwing ducks on the pitch but you get the idea.

Do you buy 50/50 at Ice Hockey and also at NTFC? If only at Ice Hockey and not NTFC what is the reason?
Report Spam   Logged
southeastcobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2015, 20:46:41 pm »

This is an interesting threat that you've started. Over the years, I've kept a little note book of things I'd like to see implemented and improved to the "Sixfields Match-Day Experience"

I feel that there could be much better use made of the West concourse, maybe you could set up a club shop stall maybe at each end where the bookies used to be. I would also get a static programme selling stall inside the concourse also, I used to volunteer myself to sell programmes & 50-50 tickets so I do appreciate that the staff give their time for not a lot/a match ticket so there could be an issue getting enough sellers for this.

I agree with various points throughout, something needs sorting with the west toilets, really needs an in/out implementing - Im not sure how easy this would be too do. The 'hosts' if you will needs to be either changed to someone with some experience or it could just be a new sound system installed.

I feel that the refreshments could be improved throughout the ground. I noticed people are asking to get down to the Carr bar at half time but lets be realistic thats not gonna happen. Im sure they could get the alcohol license changed to be able to serve beer up to KO and through half time.
Report Spam   Logged

** 31 UNDEFEATED **
WWWWWWWWWWDDWDWWDDDDWDWWDDDDDWW
Blackadder

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 20:48:47 pm »

I always buy from the hockey but never from the Football.

reasons:

Availability, at the hockey you can't get away from being asked at the football I probably get approached once occasionally and only ever outside the ground.

Probably an element of promotion as well, I know exactly what I'm getting at the hockey at the football apart from 50% Im not sure what I might win.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 20:52:18 pm »

the 'half time' entertainment is a massive improvement

I never understand why people need entertaining at half-time. They don't put on a football match at the interval of the theatre.
Chat to your mates, get on your phone, eat your pear.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 20:54:09 pm »

I always buy from the hockey but never from the Football.

reasons:

Availability, at the hockey you can't get away from being asked at the football I probably get approached once occasionally and only ever outside the ground.

Probably an element of promotion as well, I know exactly what I'm getting at the hockey at the football apart from 50% Im not sure what I might win.

Point proven, I am exactly the same. I would say it would make more sense to sell the tickets in the queues and also inside the ground while people are twiddling their thumbs waiting for the game to start or queuing for a drink. Advertise the fact more that 50% goes to the club and 50% goes to the winner. Also, do we even bother trying to sell to away fans? Can we sell in the Walter Tull or Sixfields Tavern? I seem to remember there was a push on these a few years back and the prize rose to around £400 a week. I think its around £200 again now.
Report Spam   Logged
Blackadder

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2015, 20:54:21 pm »

I never understand why people need entertaining at half-time. They don't put on a football match at the interval of the theatre.

You don't need to be entertained but the entertainment can add say £1000 to the match day income, that's £20k plus over the year.

Business is all about mark-up our football experience is no different.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 21:00:23 pm »

Again, you are struggling with reading. Where have I said any of these are facts? I do, however, think with a bit of positive encouragement and people with a "can do" attitude they are very achievable numbers. I am not sure how I can make this easier to understand for you, I am using the smallest words I can to help you.

I don't know how much the club make from food and drink, but I do know they could make more. For example, I go somewhere else other than Carr's Bar for a pre match drink because of the queues and I don't get any food pre match or at half time mainly for the same reason.

Grin Thanks once again for the chuckle.

Maybe you're getting the point now. I like new ideas, I like your enthusiasm. All business's need to keep rethinking ways of improving their top line but your ideas would hold far better with facts and figures.  

You could do with being a little less tetchy too.  Wink

I could well be wrong here but didn't Cardoza sign all the Match day food and drink outlets over to an independent company for a large sum on a long contract a couple of years back?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 21:02:49 pm »

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: