The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 03:55:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Things to do list

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do list  (Read 5279 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2015, 21:04:41 pm »

Grin Thanks once again for the chuckle.

Maybe you're getting the point now. I like new ideas, I like your enthusiasm. All business's need to keep rethinking ways of improving their top line but your ideas would hold far better with facts and figures.  

You could do with being a little less tetchy too.  Wink

I could well be wrong here but didn't Cardoza sign all the Match day food and drink outlets over to an independent company for a large sum on a long contract a couple of years back?

Don't want to come across all 7 year old, but check your first post to me on this thread before you mention tetchy.

Seems to me you are the negative type that like to shoot down other ideas while not contributing anything of your own. You don't need facts figures and numbers to see where things could be improved.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 21:06:11 pm »

You don't need to be entertained but the entertainment can add say £1000 to the match day income, that's £20k plus over the year.

Business is all about mark-up our football experience is no different.

How many Premiership clubs do a 50/50 draw or similar? That's because it doesn't actually raise any money. The cost of selling the tickets outweighs the profit and anyway it's all a bit low rent, blagging freebies from local restaurants.

The Cobblers have got a spot on when they arrange the penalty shoot outs with local youth football clubs. It guarantees plenty of extra faces with the parents and will probably be the first time many of the players have been to a football match. Now that can lead to a life long fan or two.
The shoot the boot is fine and nice bit of light hearted fun.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 21:09:40 pm »

[quote author=Ralap link=topic=14064.msg260140#msg260140 date=1448834423

I could well be wrong here but didn't Cardoza sign all the Match day food and drink outlets over to an independent company for a large sum on a long contract a couple of years back?
[/quote]
This is the BIG problem !!. Get rid of Centre Plate, make them an offer to buy up their contract and get NTFC to run the bars
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2015, 21:12:55 pm »

How many Premiership clubs do a 50/50 draw or similar? That's because it doesn't actually raise any money. The cost of selling the tickets outweighs the profit and anyway it's all a bit low rent, blagging freebies from local restaurants.

The Cobblers have got a spot on when they arrange the penalty shoot outs with local youth football clubs. It guarantees plenty of extra faces with the parents and will probably be the first time many of the players have been to a football match. Now that can lead to a life long fan or two.
The shoot the boot is fine and nice bit of light hearted fun.

See this is the sort of thing that is so frustrating. I assume we don't pay the 50/50 sellers, so it can't possibly cost any money. Also, this is just one small idea, there must be 20 or 30 things that can be changed just slightly here and there. Imagine just making a 10% improvement in profits on 20 or 30 different income streams at the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2015, 21:24:00 pm »

[quote author=Ralap link=topic=14064.msg260140#msg260140 date=1448834423

This is the BIG problem !!. Get rid of Centre Plate, make them an offer to buy up their contract and get NTFC to run the bars

There's a contribution for you 78. It's always best to have all or as much of the facts as you can. But you prefer to call that negativity. Fair enough, your opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2015, 21:31:41 pm »

What about Carr's Bar?  All the staff have NTFC name badges on?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2015, 21:34:29 pm »

See this is the sort of thing that is so frustrating. I assume we don't pay the 50/50 sellers, so it can't possibly cost any money. Also, this is just one small idea, there must be 20 or 30 things that can be changed just slightly here and there. Imagine just making a 10% improvement in profits on 20 or 30 different income streams at the club.

Fancy making the lads sell the tickets for nothing, that never works. You just get people doing it for a few weeks and then realising they are being mugged off.
The only way the club will make more money is by supplying better quality football either side of half time. No football fan gives a monkey about the half time entertainment so don't waste time or money on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2015, 21:35:56 pm »

A training ground has to be high on the priority list
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2015, 21:40:06 pm »

Thanks for your ideas, why not start the ball rolling and come along on Saturday to try out your idea of selling the 50-50 tickets in the queues as you suggest?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2015, 21:41:30 pm »

We've got to bring back Tony Ansell. I think that's where it all started to go wrong, rather like the the ravens at The Tower of London.
Report Spam   Logged
southeastcobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2015, 21:42:56 pm »

I used to sell 50-50 tickets. I was a volunteer and paid with a match ticket.

Its all well and good saying it doesn't cost anything, but needs the volunteers to maximise sales.
Report Spam   Logged

** 31 UNDEFEATED **
WWWWWWWWWWDDWDWWDDDDWDWWDDDDDWW
guest47

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2015, 21:48:01 pm »

I used to sell 50-50 tickets. I was a volunteer and paid with a match ticket.

Its all well and good saying it doesn't cost anything, but needs the volunteers to maximise sales.

Why did you stop doing it?
Report Spam   Logged
southeastcobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2015, 22:00:02 pm »

Mainly because of work commitments, I live on the south-east meaning I would leave my home at 7am then get back around 10pm every match day and also I broke both my legs in a motorbike accident which has had an effect on what Im able to do. I volunteer still when possible.
Report Spam   Logged

** 31 UNDEFEATED **
WWWWWWWWWWDDWDWWDDDDWDWWDDDDDWW
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2015, 22:09:31 pm »

Thanks for your ideas, why not start the ball rolling and come along on Saturday to try out your idea of selling the 50-50 tickets in the queues as you suggest?

Just sent you a PM, happy to help. Lets get this prize and money to club up to £500 each. I can't make the FA Cup game, but next league game, count me in.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 22:15:44 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2015, 22:12:20 pm »

Mainly because of work commitments, I live on the south-east meaning I would leave my home at 7am then get back around 10pm every match day and also I broke both my legs in a motorbike accident which has had an effect on what Im able to do. I volunteer still when possible.

I have to say I like the way you firstly blame work commitments then mention it's a 15 hour round trip, then mention you broke both your legs. I think you can stand down with honour.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2015, 22:19:07 pm »

I'm sure the new owners know exactly what to do first - get things started asap on east stand. Therein lies the key to more income. The other thing KT clearly wants to do (because he said so) is to give Wilder the opportunity to strengthen the squad in the Jan. window.

Certainly we need to sort out catering, and why it takes 10 minutes to get a pint of real ale in Carr's Bar (or not, because they run out of it) but first things first - more seats for bums and a side that goes up and keeps going. The other stuff can come later.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2015, 22:22:01 pm »

Get Marvo back!!
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2015, 06:53:04 am »

Fancy making the lads sell the tickets for nothing, that never works. You just get people doing it for a few weeks and then realising they are being mugged off.
The only way the club will make more money is by supplying better quality football either side of half time. No football fan gives a monkey about the half time entertainment so don't waste time or money on it.

I never watch what goes on at Half time so pointless trying to entertain more, Buy coffee, piss, chat about 1st half..... second half KO
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2015, 10:30:20 am »

A hairdressers giving free haircuts with every home game ticket purchase. Northampton Town fans have the worst hair of any fans in the land apart from Grimsby and maybe Rotherham. Have a look at ourselves this Saturday and you will see what I mean.

There is nothing worse than the guy (or woman) sitting in fronts comb over blowing about all over the place to distract you from the game  Angry 

Downstairs trims not included!  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:54:07 am by Alwaysdark » Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
guest2235

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2015, 10:37:07 am »

What about Carr's Bar?  All the staff have NTFC name badges on?
Just in case they forget their own name
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: