The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:18:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

When all this was fields.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When all this was fields.  (Read 6663 times)
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 01, 2015, 18:25:54 pm »

I have been enjoying some old footage (64/65/66) of the cobblers on youtube today. Is there much in existence anywhere else?

I hope that most of you can view these..

Firstly a treat for big Chris  Smiley 01/01/1966 Sheffield United v Northampton Town.

and from the season before... Northampton Town vs Derby County, Apr 10th 1965.

Please add more  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alwaysdark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 18:37:54 pm »

More up to date..

Northampton Town v Bournemouth  from 20th March 1976 .Some of you might even see yourself in the crowd  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 18:57:37 pm »

Nice one. Not seen the Bournemouth one before. Before my time but good to see the County Ground again.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 19:02:06 pm »

Can anyone find any footage of the Aston Villa FA Cup game back in 1984(?) at the County Ground. Mark Walters' goal won goal of the month or maybe even goal of the season I think but cannot find any video of it anywhere. My elder brother was a ball boy.
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 21:26:57 pm »

great to see keepers playing without gloves!
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 21:44:15 pm »

Would love to find Cobblers v Arsenal in FA Cup, Jan 1958 - have looked all over, but no luck.
It was 3-1 to Cobblers, well over 20000 there including 14year old, me with my Uncle Bill, with Dave Bowen playing for the Gunners, and MOTD commentary by Cliff Michelmore (remember him?). Happy day!
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 05:54:29 am »

Some great memories there. Those were the days Centre forwards able to shoulder barge the goalie into the net with the ball, Would never be allowed these days, you cant even blow on them. And those pitches, sliding on the mud. I wonder what the premiership primadonnas would make of that?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 06:38:49 am »

The Bournemouth game was the only time I ever sat in the Main Stand at the County Ground. Excellent game to watch, really thought we were going to get 10 that day.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 07:01:26 am »

While the players are celebrating the fifth goal against Bournemouth a young fan ran on the pitch to join them with his silk claret Cobblers scarf round his wrist, flared trousers and big collars of the time. That lad is John Strother a dear old mate a few of you will know now living out in Oz. Hopefully you'll read this John, always great to see that grin mate.
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:27:20 am »

I remember the Bournemouth game. I was standing on the Kop, so for me all the goals happened at the Hotel End, and I didn't get a good view. I fully expected us to win 10 or 12 nil. Great to see Paul Stratford and Jim Hall in action.
Anyone recall the Hereford match when they had 4 sent off, and we still only managed a 1-1 draw?
Report Spam   Logged
coboz

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:22 am »

While the players are celebrating the fifth goal against Bournemouth a young fan ran on the pitch to join them with his silk claret Cobblers scarf round his wrist, flared trousers and big collars of the time. That lad is John Strother a dear old mate a few of you will know now living out in Oz. Hopefully you'll read this John, always great to see that grin mate.

Just watched it Ralph. Happy days   Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 08:08:48 am »

Just watched it Ralph. Happy days   Cool

Happy days indeed John.

The grin to the camera showed you put some thought into it mate. Not just a mindless pitch invasion. 😀
Stam told me about it at the County game a couple of weeks back. I've probably watched that footage 40/50 times and never realised it was you.

Hope all's good with you. Have a fear Christmas and New Year.
Report Spam   Logged
tonyg1611

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 09:22:20 am »

i remember the bournemouth game went home elated and told my dad how well we done that day only to be told in his usual northampton optimism should have come home at half time must have been a boring 2nd half , if i remember rightly didnt the rest of the side try to tee up best up for a hat trick rather than score them selves , that was my excuse any way 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:25:34 am by tonyg1611 » Report Spam   Logged
coboz

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 10:25:01 am »

Happy days indeed John.

The grin to the camera showed you put some thought into it mate. Not just a mindless pitch invasion. 😀
Stam told me about it at the County game a couple of weeks back. I've probably watched that footage 40/50 times and never realised it was you.

Hope all's good with you. Have a fear Christmas and New Year.

Cheers Ralph and same to you.

First time I've seen that footage since the day after the game.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 11:50:54 am »

The Barnsley game 5-0 was on Sunday soccer or whatever it was called from that season also Cambs Utd way, both would make good viewing.
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 12:25:41 pm »

Cheers Ralph and same to you.

First time I've seen that footage since the day after the game.

This is truly heartwarming and must have given you the odd goosebump or two seeing it again nearly 40 years later Smiley I hope you are able to share the footage with family and friends  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
Tohishorse

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 12:56:08 pm »

Remembering the Bournemouth game my old mate Jim Tomlin arrived for the second half when you could get in at reduced price and never saw any goals at all, he still remembered that game many years later when we used to discuss Cobblers games past, great to see the Jim Hall hat trick again.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 13:14:05 pm »

I was at the Sheff Utd game, I remember seeing Kenneth Wolstenhome outside the ground and still feel disgruntled about the Mick Jones charge on Norman Coe. Was that the last time that a goal was given from a shoulder charge on the keeper?  Also at the Bournemouth game, that was a good team.
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 16:16:36 pm »

i remember the bournemouth game went home elated and told my dad how well we done that day only to be told in his usual northampton optimism should have come home at half time must have been a boring 2nd half , if i remember rightly didnt the rest of the side try to tee up best up for a hat trick rather than score them selves , that was my excuse any way 

Yep, my girlfriends dad was just the same, when I went round that Saturday evening to see her, his first words were 'What happened to Cobblers in the second half then'? Miserable git.  Mind you, the second half was an anti climax.  6,780 there that day.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 16:30:37 pm »

I remember the Bournemouth game. I was standing on the Kop, so for me all the goals happened at the Hotel End, and I didn't get a good view. I fully expected us to win 10 or 12 nil. Great to see Paul Stratford and Jim Hall in action.
Anyone recall the Hereford match when they had 4 sent off, and we still only managed a 1-1 draw?

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: