The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:54:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

When all this was fields.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When all this was fields.  (Read 6684 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 18:17:15 pm »

I remember that game, some proper tackling there.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 19:19:26 pm »

I was in the HE for that game, you forget how shyte the standard was back in the day Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 20:48:17 pm »

Let's not f uck about. Mans game, tackle, ball/man, get up play on, magic sponge.......

Gggrrrrr
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 17:57:10 pm »

Thanks for the Hereford clip, Zen. Some of those tackles, eh? Truly horrendous.
For your next challenge, should you choose to accept it, how about when we beat Fulham at Craven Cottage, I believe the final score was 4-1?
They had the famous Tony Macedo in goal and he ended up with a broken jaw after a nasty collision with our player (Brown?) who got knocked out. A young Rodney Marsh went into goal for Fulham.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 06:27:38 am »

Just seen those Bornemouth highlights. I was on the terracing below the main Stand in those days near the Kop end and so didn't get a great view of all the goals, but remember it as a great day in any case. Great to see a lot of old Cobblers favourites there - Hall, Stratford, Gregory, Best, Phillips, Robertson....Bill Dodgin's side and one of the best Cobblers sides I've seen
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 16:00:37 pm »

A few more that may be of interest to some of you  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 16:03:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 16:05:05 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 16:06:19 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 16:12:08 pm »

After the fields became our new home but I am sure that some of you may like to view this in it's entirety once more.

Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 16:55:50 pm »

More up to date..

Northampton Town v Bournemouth  from 20th March 1976 .Some of you might even see yourself in the crowd  Grin

just showed my dad these goals. Him and my mum went to it and he saw the first 2 and missed the rest because he went for a piss. I wonder if there's ever been a bigger gap than almost 40 years between somebody finally getting around to watching all of the goals in a match?

Also, just found out that my mum drove into Billy Bests car around the same time as well
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest2539

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 17:55:21 pm »

I remember having my letter read out on About Anglia when they asked for archive highlights to be shown and I requested the Bournemouth game.
Besides the 5 goals in 8 minutes just before half-time my abiding memory is the fact we had another THREE good chances in between the goals..........amazing!
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 18:14:30 pm »

Chardy with the winner. One of my all time favorite players. Wore every number apart from 1, played in every position apart from goalkeeper
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 19:05:17 pm »

Can anyone find any footage of the Aston Villa FA Cup game back in 1984(?) at the County Ground. Mark Walters' goal won goal of the month or maybe even goal of the season I think but cannot find any video of it anywhere. My elder brother was a ball boy.
I have it on DVD. PM me if you want a copy.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 19:59:51 pm »

After the fields became our new home but I am sure that some of you may like to view this in it's entirety once more.

Thanks Mr Crowman for these past memories - enjoyed the clips!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2015, 20:07:06 pm »

Thanks Mr Crowman for these past memories - enjoyed the clips!

It was a pleasure me old mate  Smiley but the real thanks should of course go to all of the uploaders on youtube.

Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2015, 20:33:46 pm »

While the players are celebrating the fifth goal against Bournemouth a young fan ran on the pitch to join them with his silk claret Cobblers scarf round his wrist, flared trousers and big collars of the time. That lad is John Strother a dear old mate a few of you will know now living out in Oz. Hopefully you'll read this John, always great to see that grin mate.
Nice one Ralph. John Strother. What a hero. I have that game on the Cobblers History video but never noticed John on there before. I'll say again, does anyone have footage of our humiliating defeat at Canvey Island in 2001/02? I recorded it but lost it. Please let me know.
Report Spam   Logged
forever cobb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 04:42:42 am »

thanks for the memories i was at the bourmouth game well most of them in the mid seventies till the present day, i remember going down the duck boards to watch the second half of the b'mouth game and being disappointed !! was this the game when the cross bar broke?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 11:31:30 am »

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/ITV/Anglia.html

Sunday afternoons with Gerry Harrison on Anglia and Hugh Johns on ATV/Central if you could get that as well ...none of this 24/7 coverage we get now.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2015, 15:28:03 pm »

Rough but watchable footage of a loss to Peterborough from 1990/91.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: