The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:49:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

"Things shouted out by the knob head who sits behind/next/near me".

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Things shouted out by the knob head who sits behind/next/near me".  (Read 43390 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: January 04, 2016, 13:17:11 pm »

I've just remembered something from Saturday - the latest installment of "Things shouted out by the nob head who sits behind me".  Grin

Let me just set the scene... The ref blew his whistle and Barnet kicked off. We immediately got a tackle in and won the ball. It was passed to another of our players who attempted a pass himself, but it was charged down by a Barnet player, bouncing out to give us a throw in. There were less than 20 seconds on the clock and it seemed to me to have been a favourable few seconds. Not so though, as at this point our hero stands up and shouts "COME ON, TOWN, SORT YOURSELVES OUT! THIS IS RUBBISH!"

He's a legend.  Tongue

Following BackOfTheNet's dictation from Saturday, I am sure that this thread could be well populated by those who sit near to a person (maybe the same one) who expresses continual bollox aloud...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 13:21:27 pm »

Love it! This could end up as a longer thread than the redevelopment one....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 13:30:26 pm »

Same bloke...

The idiot who sits behind me (the same one who, without a flicker of embarrassment, refered to black players as colonials the other week and who frequently berates Richards for being a passenger in the side) started berating Wilder as the team was read out: "Why pick Mcdonald when Cresswell is fit?" being the gist of it between obscenities. His mate pointed out that Mcdonald was very good last week and asked if he had been at Coventry to see it. "No I wasn't " came the reply "but he was **** against Dagenham." Oh, that's that then, isn't it.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 13:33:45 pm »

And again... Grin
The football genius who sits behind me decreed today that Richards has been a passenger for weeks and should be dropped. Mind you, he also says Furlong has been crap for the last three games, especially at Cambridge, Watson is rubbish and when we played Oxford we weren't attacking enough in the second half  (when we had 10 men).

I think he hit a new low/high today when Akinyemi came on for Stevenage and he loudly announced "All these London teams have a load of colonials playing for them, don't they?" I don't even know where to start with that one... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 14:27:36 pm »

The idiot next to me keeps shouting at the linesman.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 14:38:14 pm »

The Co@k who sits a few rows behind me in the lower west regularly shouts out the same old s***e every home game...  without fail he will shout CHEAT, CHEAT at the ref or Specsavers which is another favourite of his.

This guy never seems happy unless he is having a go and its normally in the direction of the referee...

Mate if you are reading this this feel embarrassed as i bet your misses does as she is sat next to you!

Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 14:46:45 pm »

A couple of games ago I was asked to sit down and shut up whilst joining in with songs, I had to move seats when the same people were standing up to moan at the ref and Lino.

Cant stand listening to whingers who don't get behind the team.
Report Spam   Logged

Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 15:12:34 pm »

I have one near me who used to constantly shout forward and moan about every side ways pass. Now he is on board with our current tactics he is constantly shouting pass it and moans about every hoof. Really do not get why he bothers. He was moaning Saturday before we had kicked off.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 15:16:10 pm »

He was moaning Saturday before we had kicked off.

Well it was only 0 - 0 and everybody knows you should be putting at least three past Barnet.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 15:33:59 pm »

A couple of games ago I was asked to sit down and shut up whilst joining in with songs, I had to move seats when the same people were standing up to moan at the ref and Lino.

Cant stand listening to whingers who don't get behind the team.

Was that the Pompey game in the North?
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 16:00:05 pm »

Was that the Pompey game in the North?

Haha Yes, I take it your the bloke who was laughing saying "Had enough ?" as I left.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 16:10:47 pm »

We were stood behind you joining in the singing, I wondered where you were going and why you didn't return.  My daughter said that you had been getting hassle from the woman sat next to you, who remained seated for the majority of the match, I think she was missing her knitting!

Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 16:32:25 pm »

We were stood behind you joining in the singing, I wondered where you were going and why you didn't return.  My daughter said that you had been getting hassle from the woman sat next to you, who remained seated for the majority of the match, I think she was missing her knitting!

I just moved to the steps in the middle.

I was making such an effort to stay seated that I was having my own view blocked when they stood up for chances.
Report Spam   Logged

BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 16:48:16 pm »

Oh god.... the amount of idiots that sit near me, it's so embarrassing.

People not having a clue about football etc etc... worst ones are when they go mad at the ref and it's clearly not a foul, tragic.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 17:02:03 pm »

People not having a clue about football etc etc... worst ones are when they go mad at the ref and it's clearly not a foul, tragic.

I'm sure we all have claret tinted spectacles but you hear some people who are so biased in what they see you think they must be delusional - every challenge from an opposing player is either worthy of a yellow or a red and every challenge from one of ours "Never touched him, ref!"
Report Spam   Logged

BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 17:05:25 pm »

I'm sure we all have claret tinted spectacles but you hear some people who are so biased in what they see you think they must be delusional - every challenge from an opposing player is either worthy of a yellow or a red and every challenge from one of ours "Never touched him, ref!"

Haha yeah exactly, it's so funny sometimes.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 17:39:38 pm »

I keep quiet, unless they ask for my opinion...
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 17:57:36 pm »

Not to do with the football itself but there was some clown that sat near where I was until I moved that would bellow "Dave" at some poor bloke every week whenever he walked past at the end of the game. Poor sod had to politely smile every week while probably think "Oh shut up you cretin, it wasn't funny 4 seasons ago"
I bet it's one of you lot as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 18:25:18 pm »

Not to do with the football itself but there was some clown that sat near where I was until I moved that would bellow "Dave" at some poor bloke every week whenever he walked past at the end of the game. Poor sod had to politely smile every week while probably think "Oh shut up you cretin, it wasn't funny 4 seasons ago"
I bet it's one of you lot as well.

He still shouts this with a few others joining in
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 19:10:56 pm »

From a few weeks back I was treated to this...

I would like to personally congratulate all from Northwich V. Players , staff and fans. You did your town and club proud.

I would like to also personally thank the two herbert's who were sat behind me during the match for sharing the news about their recent holidays, the food they ate there, how their kids are doing at college, how much tread in mm they have on their respective cars tyres, their excellent running commentary on fire engines attending the fire at the Sixfields tavern, how many fillings that one of them is due to have next week, the full details about the affair that someone they know is having at their workplace, the sad news that one of them had recently about the demise of his prize koi carp from his pond (it had a good innings though apparently), the improved battery life on a new phone one of them had recently purchased and the comprehensive deal they had managed to wangle on the said phone, the possibility that one of them is getting a new tattoo and finally the scandalous price the care home for the elderly are charging for the care of one of the herbert's mother.

They also talked about the football on offer once or twice.   Tongue I look forward to sitting next to them again sometime soon and then updating you all on any developments on the above or maybe even on some new exciting news they may need to share with everyone in a radius of 20 seats.  

I have managed to avoid them since , maybe I will strike lucky this Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: