The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:17:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

"Things shouted out by the knob head who sits behind/next/near me".

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Things shouted out by the knob head who sits behind/next/near me".  (Read 43389 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2017, 10:24:05 am »

Hes mates with the Chairman

?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2017, 12:54:01 pm »

I couldn't work out why the chair would even have been there.  I believe he got arrested, I saw one person led away within a minute of it being thrown.

Yeah they got the fella. I saw him do it and he started making his way back in the direction of the goal... but the police quickly pulled him out and lead him away. He did it in reaction to the guys who were being pulled out by the police due to the over-celebrating of their goal.

The Charlton fans had congregated down there waiting for the doors to be open to let them out behind the stand at half time (for a smoke and a drink) - maybe we should look at opening up earlier when there are bigger away followings to prevent the bottle neck down that corner?
Report Spam   Logged
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2017, 12:57:21 pm »

How did he he get it into the ground?

There are some dotted around the front of the stands for some reason, just the cheap plastic patio chairs. Probably won't be left near the south stand for future games.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2018, 12:38:58 pm »

Think it's time to get this going again. Already frothing at the mouth thinking about the guy behind me screaming 'FOOOOORWARD' followed immediately with 'GET EET ON THE GREEEEYND'.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2018, 17:05:02 pm »

After they scored "Come on, we need to score at least two to win". Yes, obviously  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2018, 17:41:15 pm »

Think it's time to get this going again. Already frothing at the mouth thinking about the guy behind me screaming 'FOOOOORWARD' followed immediately with 'GET EET ON THE GREEEEYND'.
greened? Grained surely? The over exageration with the 'e' instead of the 'a' as in tayn is lost on me😂
Lets lose the e 😙
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2018, 17:52:31 pm »

There were some "FORWARD" shouts in the East as well today.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2018, 18:44:33 pm »

I'm glad someone has dug this up again as I was planning on finding it myself!

This season I still have the usual pair of knob heads behind me, but I've no idea if they were being knob heads today as they were completely drowned out by an additional pair of knob heads who spent the entire match berating Sam Hoskins. Right from the off, it didn't matter what he did, it was wrong. Now Sammy may have his shortcomings in front of goal but he's a trier, he puts in a shift every game and won't ever be found hiding. He certainly doesn't deserve the dog's abuse this pair were giving him and he's by no means a "gibber" or "an absolute liability" as these guys were yelling at him.

At one point they were even abusing him for having a drink of water during a stop in play: "f***ing hell, Hoskins, you've only been out of the dressing room for 3 minutes, you shouldn't need a drink yet!" They seemed to miss the fact that JJOT was standing next to him having a drink at the same time...

It makes you wonder why some people bother to go if all they are going to do is try and demoralise our own players for 90 minutes.  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2018, 13:54:22 pm »

There was a nutcase in the west stand corner towards the away end. He was berating Cornell to keep it simple the entire game, despite the passes he wanted from him being far more tricky. Everyone around just looked embarrassed he was there, his mate usually does the same thing, they barely even celebrate when we score. Makes you wonder why some bother going!
Report Spam   Logged
dyl

View Profile
Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2018, 16:24:39 pm »

On Saturday the West Stand erupted into "You're not fit to run the line", after the Assistant Referee correctly gave a goal kick. I say correctly...I guess it's possible that a ball might change direction mid air in very close proximity to a player without them touching it, but I find that highly unlikely.

I suspect that the gender of the Assistant Ref may have been at the heart of it.
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2018, 16:29:09 pm »

On Saturday the West Stand erupted into "You're not fit to run the line", after the Assistant Referee correctly gave a goal kick. I say correctly...I guess it's possible that a ball might change direction mid air in very close proximity to a player without them touching it, but I find that highly unlikely.

I suspect that the gender of the Assistant Ref may have been at the heart of it.

Could see it was a good call from the North stand!!
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2018, 20:10:35 pm »

Are you situated reasonably near to the north end of the West Stand such as rows LMNO&P , seats 130 - 184?

Just asking thats all.

Pretty obvious he sits in the North stand.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3114

« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2018, 21:09:58 pm »

Can we put on Selling Houses Australia now?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2018, 21:46:48 pm »

Pretty obvious he sits in the North stand.

My fault pressed Corno's button instead of BoN. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 22:05:02 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2018, 05:29:22 am »

I once sat lower central near the  dug outs, a few there believing they should be at the Edinburgh fringe and one can only assume they think up 'witty' one liners all week in readiness, such as shouting '  I shop at Sainsbury's  '  to the Millwall striker Morrison😣
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2018, 07:43:01 am »

The delightful 'get back in the kitchen' shout would also support that. I sincerely hope the person who shouted that doesn't have a wife or daughter, or a son, or nieces, or nephews, or anyone that he might someone influence at any point in his life.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2018, 14:04:01 pm »

The delightful 'get back in the kitchen' shout would also support that. I sincerely hope the person who shouted that doesn't have a wife or daughter, or a son, or nieces, or nephews, or anyone that he might someone influence at any point in his life.

Thats a bit OTT, actually I thought the ball clearly came off the Imps player! As for the remark yes it is in poor taste but easy to ignore due to its worthless content. To make it appear to be a serious social misdemeanour is as I suggest a bit over cooked. Excuse the pun tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2018, 14:18:36 pm »

TBF I thought the female assistant referee on saturday was just as crap as her male counterparts. It would be nice to get some decent officials.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2018, 15:36:03 pm »

TBF I thought the female assistant referee on saturday was just as crap as her male counterparts. It would be nice to get some decent officials.

I am awaiting the day when we get a woman referee - that will get the West Stand hard nuts going!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:30:23 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2018, 15:44:19 pm »

If we did get a female ref she certainly couldnt be any worse than the male ones we have, and if she is anything like my missus she wont miss anything !
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: